• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide"

bigtimerush

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
20/5/18
San Diego, CA

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Would it be fair to say that the best TT factory would also be the best all gold factory? I love the TT but go hard or go home right?

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
I want to see a picture of actual damage to the gold plating on a gold rep. I hear people say a single scratch will send a gold plated rep to the trash but I have never seen one. I am thinking of getting a gold Patek Nautilus but realistically if I don't wear it that often and I keep it stored properly then it would be fine right? I need to see real gold plating damage for myself

Reactions: Azwethinkweiz28

time warp

Renowned Member
31/12/16
I want to see a picture of actual damage to the gold plating on a gold rep. I hear people say a single scratch will send a gold plated rep to the trash but I have never seen one. I am thinking of getting a gold Patek Nautilus but realistically if I don't wear it that often and I keep it stored properly then it would be fine right? I need to see real gold plating damage for myself

0b7ab4ea681ddf20af3bf2604a745bef.jpg
433f3eb8bcf31cebc6ed322f0d8ece7b.jpg
7a47456c548e710db77b2632516f4db0.jpg

Here one example for scratches on a wrapped BP bracelet, which is heavy used, nearly daily! It’s 2 years old now and it’s still in good shape in my opinion. I can see heavy scratches but never the steel underneath!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

osprey1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/18
Hong Kong
Here one example for scratches on a wrapped BP bracelet, which is heavy used, nearly daily! It’s 2 years old now and it’s still in good shape in my opinion. I can see heavy scratches but never the steel underneath!

Hey man, do you still remember who you got it from? Looks sick

Reactions: walke121

nuclearfuson10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/3/18
Really cool and informative write up. This takes time and effort and we appreciate ya!

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I noticed that the newly released VSF Omega Auqa Terra GMT rose gold version model has the gold plated mid links but the gold plated mid links show the naked steel color on the side surfaces of the gold plated mid links which mean the gold plated mid links only have the gold plating on the top and bottom, not on the left and right side surfaces.

Is it a common flaw for rep gold watches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrea1977

Known Member
28/5/18
ITALY
Very nice and informative write up :)

I have 1st hand experience with both wrapped and plated versions of the Sub and DD and I can confirm that when it comes to color the full gold BP wrapped watches are almost spot on to gen. when compared to the plated.

When it comes to durability I can't confirm which is better because I'm very OCD with my watches and they get a cleaning at least 2 times a week and for the wrapped ones I usually clean them after they are worn to help preserve the gold.

That said I've had my TW Best DD for over 10 years now and it was my everyday watch for almost all of time and I didn't baby it one bit. It was worn in both salted oceans and heavily chlorinated pools and only recently has the inside of the band started to show signs of wear. This watch was sold as "triple wrapped" and I still have no clue to this day what that really means or if that process is the same as these Wrapped BPs. Unfortunately I don't have extra links to test my BP DD but the links on MY TW Best did test Positive for 18K. Ive had the BP 18k wrapped for about 8 months now with no issues.

When it comes to the numbers the factories can really say anything. The only real way to know for sure about how many microns both wrapped and plated has is to have the links tested end of story.

After having mine for a while I get a few people that PM me from time to time asking if I thought the high price tag of the $1,000 plus is really worth it for these watches and I say the same thing every time:

If accurate gold color is what you are after then yes these BP full gold wrapped watches are what you want. From a monitory perspective are they worth the high price tag? I can't say for sure this is just the price that they are.
What I do know is that I had both plated and wrapped versions of the BP DD40 in my hand side by side there is a very noticeable difference and I'm willing to pay the premium for that accurate gold color. It all comes down to what is most important to you.

I hope this helps some of the potential buyers :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But are the TW still on sale?

andrea1977

Known Member
28/5/18
ITALY
0b7ab4ea681ddf20af3bf2604a745bef.jpg
433f3eb8bcf31cebc6ed322f0d8ece7b.jpg
7a47456c548e710db77b2632516f4db0.jpg

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
I like it very much, I want to buy one!