• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide"

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16

mouse

Known Member
12/4/16
Does anybody has a VRF Two tone sub compared to gen for the gold color?

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
As for the rep "sunburst dial" I've owned many and they always just seem too purplish to me. So, I finally gave in and purchased an "M" series 16613 gen. That takes away all of the "gold" and "tell issues." They are beautiful watches, but the worrying about the gold and dial, in the end, kill it for me and I end up selling. For a rep, IMHO, the best way to go (sorry folks) is SS.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

There are variations between the GEN LB & the VRF LB. Like Insert & dial are the most prominent differences.
The VRF gold however is very good.
The guy I compared min to had no idea it was a REP. He actually liked the REP better as the bezel was more firm -and mine did not have any hairlines. His clasp looked terrible.
He did not spot the dial and insert deviations.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
There are variations between the GEN LB & the VRF LB. Like Insert & dial are the most prominent differences.
The VRF gold however is very good.
The guy I compared min to had no idea it was a REP. He actually liked the REP better as the bezel was more firm -and mine did not have any hairlines. His clasp looked terrible.
He did not spot the dial and insert deviations.

Regarding dial, is it the color that is off? From most of your pics the blue looks good? Or are you talking about dial print?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Regarding dial, is it the color that is off? From most of your pics the blue looks good? Or are you talking about dial print?

The color is actually very good on the VRF ( compared to my purple BP ) but side by side the GEN looked better. I can definitely recommend the VRF it’s an amazing watch.
Cut`n dry

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
The color is actually very good on the VRF ( compared to my purple BP ) but side by side the GEN looked better. I can definitely recommend the VRF it’s an amazing watch.
Cut`n dry

My doubt now is full G or TT, Daytona and DD I'd go Full but your TT pics are making me doubt. might go TT to try it out then upgrade to Full, or Both....HMMMMMMMMM

Reactions: johnlogan

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Dial print on the wrapped bluesy 116613LB VRF is very faint. Repgeek has a topic showing side by side comparison with gen. Changed my mind immediately after seeing that pic. Black dial is much better in terms of colour accuracy and dial print.

Reactions: oREZ1

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
So what’s the best recipe for a 116613, using rep parts?

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
It looks like the VRF has the same purple dial as the BP?