• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide"

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Can someone confirm if these 6 digit bracelets will fit a 5 digit case?

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Oh that rep dial [emoji20] For this particular watch a gen dial is essential!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Will do a similar attempt at finding any gold content once I get my warchive bluesy... again, thank you OP, @2470f2.8ii, and @Versaceboy54 for your invaluable inputs. But I'm not holding my breath as it has been established Noob's and BP's don't have any. But hey! Maybe Loco Louie will surprise us. If anything, even without real gold content, it's Louie who actually bothered to address this "steel-showing-at-the-side" issue, a deal breaker for all.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Will do a similar attempt at finding any gold content once I get my warchive bluesy... again, thank you OP, @2470f2.8ii, and @Versaceboy54 for your invaluable inputs. But I'm not holding my breath as it has been established Noob's and BP's don't have any. But hey! Maybe Loco Louie will surprise us. If anything, even without real gold content, it's Louie who actually bothered to address this "steel-showing-at-the-side" issue, a deal breaker for all.

Your very welcome my friend. Looking forward to hearing about the results and seeing the pics :)

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
Now just have to compare between the two types W-Archive has on offering. The "J12" and it sounds like he customizes the Noob with real 14k. I am holding out a little hope...he seems to do great work. I'm waiting on an ARF Daytona from him now.

D

d4m.test

Since this is pinned, it might be a nice thing to add a list at the bottom of the original post of the factories that have been tested, wrapped and plated, and the results. Just a quick synopsis.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Parabuteo

Patron, Salt and Lime
7/9/12
Since this is pinned, it might be a nice thing to add a list at the bottom of the original post of the factories that have been tested, wrapped and plated, and the results. Just a quick synopsis.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Done.

King of Coffee

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
1/8/13
Great article, informative and raising interesting questions. I’d like to tag @locolouie to this hoping to see him chime in as he offers a ‘good wrapped’ sub and states that it is done in house. I for one am curious and looking to pull the trigger on it. Maybe he could clarify his process and the thickness of the plating or possibly fill, as well as the base layer material used. Another thought for me as well is, gold aside, are we paying for better execution, durability and color with these gold wrapped versions as the op showed the color for one seems more gen like. Many of us are in the pursuit of perfection or as close to, and seeing the plated bracelets with uncompleted plating on the links is enough to keep us away from gold. Tarnish is another reason as I have had a rose good AP do that to my horror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

FYI ... According to Louie, only the Noob V7 Submariner Blue Date Combi 116613LB 14K Gold Custom Bracelet has 14K gold .... Not the JF 116613 Custom Bracelet.

D

d4m.test

Great post super helpful! even if very disappointing haha it is strange that we expect counterfitters not to lie to us

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
FYI ... According to Louie, only the Noob V7 Submariner Blue Date Combi 116613LB 14K Gold Custom Bracelet has 14K gold .... Not the JF 116613 Custom Bracelet.

Oh shucks. Don't know if it's too late to change it to the Noob-based version. Thanks for this information, mate!

2470f2.8ii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/16

any updates??

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
What a great thread. I'm shocked the wrapped bp and noob watches contain no gold content.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
What a great thread. I'm shocked the wrapped bp and noob watches contain no gold content.

Yes it’s very unfortunate concidering the high price of these watches. That said as far as the BP“Wrapped”are concerned both the texture and the gold color are still extremely accurate to gen. compared to the standard “plated” versions of the same watch. In person there is a very noticeable difference in the process they are using to make these so if your the kind of person that is looking for accurate gold color these are still the best watches to buy. You just need to be willing to pay a premium for that alone and completely forget about weather there is or isn’t any real gold content used at all.