• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are the best Rep 16610LN Hands for ETA 2824 ?

GT1-Reach

Known Member
10/1/17
Hi guys,

in a few days i will be recieving my Ginault Ocean Rover Date and i want to change the hands to original Sub Style.

My question now is, who or what are the best quality 16610LN hands out there for a ETA 2824 movement ?

You would help me alot guys!

Greetz

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
TC v3 hands are what you want, but you'll have to scour the earth for them! Post a wanted ad and hope

Sent from the RWI mobile app

iPwnage

I'm Pretty Popular
1/6/14
okay thats kind of a surprise, what seperates the v3 hands from other TC hands?
They are better in gloss, have the pinion cap on it and they have a real 3D Effect. But nothing beats GEN Hands!

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
+1 TC V3

I have been very OCD with choosing the right sub hands

TC sub hands are made so damn correctly and very identical to gen hands:
1. the rectangular lume is made to gen proportions (a lot of aftermarket ones can't do this, not even clark ones which is the closest substitute for some)
2. the pointy ends of the hands are pointy just like gen (a lot of aftermarket ones are blunt)
3. it got that right 3D-looking polished shine like gen (a lot of aftermarket ones look flat by comparison)
4. it got that good superluminova glow to it (a lot of aftermarket ones require re-lume)
5. it is made to the right length / specs as gen (a lot of aftermarket ones have wrong lengths - this can be an OCD issue when you see that the hands are not proportionate like gen hands, by comparing the distances between the aftermarket hands and the dial indices)

The TC V2 hands are also as good as V3, except it doesn't have that gen-like capped pinion on the seconds hand - this was an obvious tell for trained eyes

This used to be a good thread to give you an idea about how many variations there are with aftermarket sub hands -> https://rwg.cc/topic/179042-ultimate-rolex-mercedes-hands-comparison/ (too bad photobucket took away all the pics)

If you can't get TC hands, then I heard that Startime Tudor Sub hands come next. But bear in mind that some manufacturers may produce ETA Sub hands (made for Tudor replacement) to be shorter than Rolex hands (e.g. Clarks Sub and Datejust hands for ETA Tudor is shorter than gen 3135/3035 hands). Therefore research is needed to determine which set of hands have the correct-like-gen lengths