• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA3135 Vs SH3135/Yuki and how to tell the differences

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Since there are still a lot of people who don't know the differences between these two movements I'll make a short introduction and a "how-to" spot each movement with ease, so even a person with no knowledge at all could say which movement he is looking at.

Both movements are clones of the Rolex 3135 movement. Both movements operate the same way as the genuine one. The difference is that SH/Yuki is a real clone that can accept genuine parts, all of the parts are interchangeable with genuine except for the mainplate and the balance, which some times may work but most of the times it just won't.
On the other hand SA3135, while a clone, cannot accept any genuine part except for the reverse wheels of the automatic mechanism.

What does that mean? If a SH/Yuki has a part failure, it can be most likely repaired with genuine parts, when the SA3135 has a part failure, you just throw it to the trash can.

Stability:
Both movements had DOA cases, and a few issues. However they are both proven stable when they are cleaned and serviced before any damage occurs.

Hands/Dial:
Both movements have interchangeable dial/hands. Both movement will accept gen dial/hands.

How to tell what movement I am looking at?

I'll share a couple of key points so anyone can determine on what movement he is looking at, that doesn't mean there aren't other optical differences, but I wanted to make it easy for everyone to spot the differences.

SA3135:

Looking from the movement center point of view, balance cock has the single hole on the left.
Reverse wheel teeth are uncoated

pxDv5p3DR8uM-XmUBDuJ2w.png

SH3135/Yuki:
Looking from the movement center point of view, balance cock has the single hole on the right.
Reverse wheel teeth are fully coated
Standard serial number: 5510969
IqWphMC-SuK3y9PDEnST4Q.png

OfREGzfDTpCdNwTbhgOe5w.jpeg

Of course the finishing of both movements is kinda different, but that's not something anyone can tell without having both movements next to each other.

Bonus information:

First batch of noob v6s submariners had the SH3135/Yuki movement inside.

Hope that helps

Reactions: Cr4sholo

JohnnyBe

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/1/16
What would you know about movements,when you couldnt tell a gen crystal in a sales thread two weeks ago..lol :p :p :p

Nice info there man,also as i remember there is difference between the jewels.the ones on the yuki/sh are a bit bigger than the SA right?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
What would you know about movements,when you couldnt tell a gen crystal in a sales thread two weeks ago..lol :p :p :p

Nice info there man,also as i remember there is difference between the jewels.the ones on the yuki/sh are a bit bigger than the SA right?
Ha ha that xtal was so obviously fake it was lol

The yukki date change jewell is different from the sh isn't it

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
As I said, the differences are not limited to the above stated, I just wanted to point a couple of the easiest to spot for every inexperienced eye.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Bonus information:

First batch of noob v6s submariners had the SH3135/Yuki movement inside.

Hope that helps

First time I have seen this mentioned anywhere. Anything to back this up?

Tazmo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/8/16
Wouldn't it be heck of a lot cheaper to just get a SA3135 or SH3135 than a Y3135? Even if you have to throw them away when something breaks down. I'm struggling to understand why the Y3135 sells for $350+ when for $70 more you can get a complete watch with the exact same movement. And if you were to extract the movememnt you can sell the rest and get another $170 out of it for sure. Making the cost of the SH3135/Yuki $200. That's $150 cheaper than buying just the Yuki movement.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Wouldn't it be heck of a lot cheaper to just get a SA3135 or SH3135 than a Y3135? Even if you have to throw them away when something breaks down. I'm struggling to understand why the Y3135 sells for $350+ when for $70 more you can get a complete watch with the exact same movement. And if you were to extract the movememnt you can sell the rest and get another $170 out of it for sure. Making the cost of the SH3135/Yuki $200. That's $150 cheaper than buying just the Yuki movement.

You won't throw away SH3135 as it's the same with Y3135. Of course it's cheaper to buy a complete watch and flip the parts

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The sh beats the normal yukki for me

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11