• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 16610 case set ! Enter !

walid

22/7/17
Hi to all...today I want to explain my new project to you...I have experience whit the CAD...also I have a friend that have the lathe and cnc...now my idea is to make a sample of a sub case (since tc are unavailable) and replicate him...I have only one problem the measurement of the case....now at home I have a pair of jf case but I want to replicate a tc case and upgrade it..also since I have the jf case I can make one sample for the sh and another for the eta mov...if anyone can take the measure of the case it will be perfect...you only have to buy a digital caliber...or if you like I can buy your case...or if you like I can pay your case take the measurement and return it to you...Thanks a lot to all !

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Hi to all...today I want to explain my new project to you...I have experience whit the CAD...also I have a friend that have the lathe and cnc...now my idea is to make a sample of a sub case (since tc are unavailable) and replicate him...I have only one problem the measurement of the case....now at home I have a pair of jf case but I want to replicate a tc case and upgrade it..also since I have the jf case I can make one sample for the sh and another for the eta mov...if anyone can take the measure of the case it will be perfect...you only have to buy a digital caliber...or if you like I can buy your case...or if you like I can pay your case take the measurement and return it to you...Thanks a lot to all !

That's great project buddy! :)

Danlee224

Renowned Member
27/6/17
This could be very interesting :happy: wish I had a case to loan you so I could see the results sooner! Good luck

walid

22/7/17
This could be very interesting :happy: wish I had a case to loan you so I could see the results sooner! Good luck

Thanks friend...! Subscribe to the thread I will post any news...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

Ok so start with a genuine late 16610 case if poss anyway tc cases accept.......
The yukki, the gen 3135, the sh, and the eta 2824. will fit the sa.so get a gen case preferably mserial or later and copy the case and engraving exact the rehaut and lugs are kind of impossible t relicaye imo but still please try if you have the means .its not easy no body in this industry has done this yet.tc was super close though and nobody is close to the 116610. Also if you make 6 didget case that is identical or so close 99 percent and i cant even spot it you will be rich af end of.

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
This is a hard project. I think it takes a lot more equipment than a lathe and cnc mill, or a whole lot of expertise in place of that equipment. Good luck

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
This is a hard project. I think it takes a lot more equipment than a lathe and cnc mill, or a whole lot of expertise in place of that equipment. Good luck

I used to work in a shop that had cnc lathes and mills. I can tell you with 100% certainty that in the right hands just about anything can be made. A watch case is not that tough...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
I should add that just because someone runs a lathe or a mill doesn't mean they could set it up for a project like this. Most shops have a set up guy that is very skilled and many other guys that just run the jobs. These guys would have no chance at anything difficult. A good set up man though. .... should be no problem

SubdayExpress

Village Idiot
30/12/15
I have thought often of doing just this but was exploring the route of having a 3D scan of the case done as it would be far more accurate than manual measuring. That scan file could easily be pulled into ACAD Inventor and then converted to .dxf or whatever proper file type your particular CNC requires ...

walid

22/7/17
Hi all...yes I know that is a difficult project but why not I have the tool...i have the time...the possibility to invest...so why not...for the case I'm talking whit a member that have sean,phong case ecc and If he can take the measurement the project can start...also if the first sample where good in the future i can use also a gen case...but for the moment i prefer to invest in new software ecc...so if anyone can help me this will be very good...I can buy software ecc to make a best project and the member take the glory ![emoji23]
whit a nice lathe,cnc and the skills you can make whatever you want...

walid

22/7/17
I have thought often of doing just this but was exploring the route of having a 3D scan of the case done as it would be far more accurate than manual measuring. That scan file could easily be pulled into ACAD Inventor and then converted to .dxf or whatever proper file type your particular CNC requires ...

Yes ! I know the 3D scan if I don't have to buy the case I can buy it...I can make the project import it in the software(correct the mistake ) but I have to sand the case or put a film on it because it can't scan a reflective object...also is a big problem for the inside of the case....the tolerance isn't too high so I preferer to measure whit mechanical tools...and also if I have problem I can remeasure the whole thing faster because whit the scan I have to do about 50/100 photos...

walid

22/7/17
Anyone that have a case for the measurement???

walid

22/7/17
Hi to all I'm in the way to have the measurement of the tc case...another case that I'm stunting is this as far I know is a rare wm9 for 7750 movement...comparison between the noob one and the "wm9"...since the factory didn't release it a Daytona whit working crono and we don't ave any news other the non factory spent 2 million ecc...this would be a nice alternative

[emoji634]

walid

22/7/17
12ac2cba148401906d0064b6795b0ef4.png

CarlosFFF

25/6/13
This has come up before; 3D scanning cases will not work for the case dimensions. 3D scanning only works well on applications where you don't care about dimensions (e.g. Scanning in people or pets or shapes that are amorphous). I work with these sensors daily so feel free to take that into account in weighting my opinion :p

The route I would take is handheld measurements. I would also encourage taking very high resolution photos with the camera at a known angle to the case (e.g. Case is exactly flat with respect to the camera) and then using MATLAB to actually produce equations that match the curves of the case. For example, the lug profile (the "inverted canoe" shape that is frequently mentioned) could be modeled easily using MATLAB and known dimensions (such as lug tip-to-tip length).

If you combine a couple of these equations with a couple known dimensions from calipers, it would be easier to model the case at that point. Solidworks is pretty good about letting you make complex geometries with equations.

For taking these photos, I would probably CAD and 3D print a few jigs that would hold the case in a known position to a fixed camera.

If I had time on my plate I would take this on, I was keeping these ideas to myself but why not move the hobby forward as a community. If anyone chooses to go this route and has questions, I am happy to set aside time to answer them.

walid

22/7/17
This has come up before; 3D scanning cases will not work for the case dimensions. 3D scanning only works well on applications where you don't care about dimensions (e.g. Scanning in people or pets or shapes that are amorphous). I work with these sensors daily so feel free to take that into account in weighting my opinion :p

The route I would take is handheld measurements. I would also encourage taking very high resolution photos with the camera at a known angle to the case (e.g. Case is exactly flat with respect to the camera) and then using MATLAB to actually produce equations that match the curves of the case. For example, the lug profile (the "inverted canoe" shape that is frequently mentioned) could be modeled easily using MATLAB and known dimensions (such as lug tip-to-tip length).

If you combine a couple of these equations with a couple known dimensions from calipers, it would be easier to model the case at that point. Solidworks is pretty good about letting you make complex geometries with equations.

For taking these photos, I would probably CAD and 3D print a few jigs that would hold the case in a known position to a fixed camera.

If I had time on my plate I would take this on, I was keeping these ideas to myself but why not move the hobby forward as a community. If anyone chooses to go this route and has questions, I am happy to set aside time to answer them.

Yes the best choice is measure it whit mechanical tools