• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrapped Noob Gold Mod

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sorry to say but the texture of these hand painted mods looks horrendous....colour/shade therefore is irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sorry to say but the texture of these hand painted mods looks horrendous....colour/shade therefore is irrelevant

I don’t know if some of you guys are joking when you say these shaky, uneven painted inserts look like they’re precision made in Switzerland

Sent from the RWI App

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I don’t know if some of you guys are joking when you say these shaky, uneven painted inserts look like they’re precision made in Switzerland

Sent from the RWI App

Speaking only about silver markers for now (working on gold and intent on success), the texture on my paint mods is only visible in magnified pics or under a loupe. IRL at arm's length (simulated quite well in lower resolution pics), the markers look better than gen to me in low light. Rep and most gen markers look dark and dull in low light conditions. Not mine, they are bright beautiful silver in even the lowest light. While I am certainly not claiming to make better looking inserts than gens, I am quite satisfied that for $50, 25 cents worth of paint and a couple hours, I can have an insert that looks great to me. I think many folks who haven't actually seen how one of these look IRL are negatively biased toward the concept because admittedly they can look rough in magnified pics.

IEq23.jpg

IEhni.jpg

IE3Rc.jpg

IEKhX.jpg

IE2sb.jpg

IEeI5.jpg

IELZp.jpg

IEUxt.jpg

IE5XF.jpg

IEmfn.jpg

IEaW2.jpg

IEiQE.jpg

IEIns.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hold your phone at arm's length looking at these full watch pics. The images are still double life size. I see no texture at all in them and I have 20/15 corrected vision.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

Sent from the RWI App

I know what you mean. Even on the daytona where you can barely see the digits, I wasn't happy with my first attempt. I'm practising on noob v2 bezels so I'm not really bothered, let's see if I can make it any better when the new pens arrive.

I will be using black sharpie on my gen gold daytona bezel though, which I sent for a modder for a build which he sat on for 8 months and then eventually returned not completed and the bezel looking like it had been scraped along a kerb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk