• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Pompompurin's] Comparing Genuine and Replica Rolex Jubilee bracelet (62510 H)

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
This will be the first out of many series of guides/tutorials that I will be creating, because I like to share my horology passion to many people out there!

Today, I am comparing the common rep jubilee bracelet with a gen one. The rep jubilee bracelet is commonly seen on classic reps like Franken Datejust.

Sorry for the poor photo quality, the lighting in my home is not the best for taking photos.

What I will be comparing:
- Rep Jubilee bracelet (with generic rep '455' end links) = the design appears to be based on the model specific 62510h bracelet (i.e., not the 6251h). The rep Jubilee bracelet was sourced from Rafflesdial.
- Gen Jubilee bracelet (with gen 555b end links) = the design is based on the model specific Rolex 62510h bracelet. The serial of the clasp is "O" series (1990) and the condition is very new with tight links.
- Both bracelets have hollow middle links, but these middle links are not the folded type (e.g., 6251h)

For all of the pictures...
- G = genuine
- R = replica

At first glance, the gen bracelet looks shinier and whiter than the rep, which suggests that the gen bracelet was polished better from the factory. The coronet on the gen bracelet's clasp contains more detail and finesse: the coronet on the clasp of the gen bracelet is really 3D-looking. Comparatively, the coronet on the clasp of the rep bracelet is very flat and lacks detail.

The photos do not appear to show the extent of the gen bracelet being shinier and better-polished, because of the poor lighting in my home, but I can guarantee that the gen bracelet is better in the aforesaid aspects.

When the clasps are opened, there is much more stamping detail done on the gen bracelet's clasp coronet (the arrows)

When the clasp is closed, here are some visual differences:
1. The underside of the gen bracelet's jubilee links is completely flat and very smooth (i.e. no jagged feeling - very comfortable when worn). The replica bracelet on the other hand has uneven underside jubilee links and the edges are sharp.
2. The gen bracelet is stamped as '62510 H' whereas the replica bracelet reuses mass-manufactured clasp parts - so it uses a stamped '93250' part (which is incorrect). However, this can vary as I have seen replica jubilee bracelet that is correctly stamped as 62510H.

3. The replica bracelet's clasp is wider than the gen one by 1-2mm approximately. You can also see from the arrows that the gen bracelet is better polished (shinier and whiter looking) than the replica bracelet's duller finish.

However, the most obvious flaw of the replica bracelet is there are only 6 micro-adjustable holes on the clasp - a lot of replica 20mm Rolex clasp (of this design) have this problem. By comparison, the gen clasp has 7 micro-adjustable holes. It is also worth mentioning that the gen bracelet's jubilee link screws sits flush and it is well polished, whereas the replica bracelet's jubilee link screws can sit uneven in its slot - some are flush and some aren't.

End links:
- A lot of replica end links are stamped as '455b' regardless if it is for two-tone/stainless steel, oyster/jubilee, or case with lug holes/ non lug-holes: this can be wrong/inaccurate
- Gen end links are stamped appropriately to their configuration/model (e.g. 502T end links are for non-lug hole Rolex, etc.). My particular gen end link is 555B and it is designed for the early 16200 Datejust series with lug holes
- When the gen and replica end links are installed into a Rolex, they both look very similar.

The gen end link has longer tube for guiding the spring bar and it is well polished/finished on the inside. The replica end link has shorter tubes for guiding the spring bar and it is unfinished on the inside (very rough-looking)

The feeling of the bracelets when worn
- Gen bracelet feels very comfortable as the jubilee links are polished without jagged edges. Also, the links are tighter so the bracelet feels like it naturally wraps around the wearer's hand. But bear in mind that my gen jubilee bracelet's condition is extremely new - a lot of second jubilee bracelets out there are quite worn and stretched badly.
- Rep bracelet feels a bit rough when worn because of the jagged edges on the jubilee link (as the finishing isn't as good as the gen bracelet, but it is still comfortable). The replica bracelet makes a lot more rattling noise than the gen bracelet because the links are not as tight.

Last edited:

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
very nice write up. I'm planning something similar for the TC V6 93150 SEL vs the JF LV 93150 SEL bracelets...

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
very nice write up. I'm planning something similar for the TC V6 93150 SEL vs the JF LV 93150 SEL bracelets...

Thanks! i look forward to your comparative review - i wonder if your JF bracelet is durable because some members have reported that their SEL link breaks easily

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it

I love the Jubilee and feel it gets very little love on this forum. Looking forward to your next installment. It's been too many "what's the best sub" posts lately. Glad your uping the quality...

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I love the Jubilee and feel it gets very little love on this forum. Looking forward to your next installment. It's been too many "what's the best sub" posts lately. Glad your uping the quality...

I absolutely love the jubilee as well - on GMT Master and Datejust especially. They are so comfortable as well to wear, especially during summer.
Thank you for your feedback, I will write reviews and franken diaries as well when I got time

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Really great write-up bro! You are my biggest inspiration for this hobby and I have learned so much only from you. Thank you for being so open and well-explained in all your posts and PM's without expecting anything from it in return.

Guys listen up whenever OP posts something because this is someone who really knows his stuff from research and practical experience. He isn't scared to hold back anything even when it concerns flaws of builds, parts or reps.

To add to the discussion: Overall I think the replica jubilee is good enough for a franken build but I think the bracelet would atleast have to be rebrushed and repolished to look closer to gen.

In my opinion the finishing of the brushing and polished areas is always a big tell on most stock replicas. Its what I have noticed very quickly when comparing genuine rolex to replica in real life.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Really great write-up bro! You are my biggest inspiration for this hobby and I have learned so much only from you. Thank you for being so open and well-explained in all your posts and PM's without expecting anything from it in return.

Guys listen up whenever OP posts something because this is someone who really knows his stuff from research and practical experience. He isn't scared to hold back anything even when it concerns flaws of builds, parts or reps.

To add to the discussion: Overall I think the replica jubilee is good enough for a franken build but I think the bracelet would atleast have to be rebrushed and repolished to look closer to gen.

In my opinion the finishing of the brushing and polished areas is always a big tell on most stock replicas. Its what I have noticed very quickly when comparing genuine rolex to replica in real life.

haha thank you for your kind compliments. You too buddy, you raise critical opinions and I enjoy reading your threads with your critical (but important) perspectives
you are very right that all replica Rolex lacks the same finishing and 'shine', unlike the genuine Rolex. This includes TC! (I have a TC bracelet and it is dull when compared to my genuine Oyster bracelet)

ttya2071

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17
Awesome article! Great photos too, despite your disclaimer. If those are bad photos, my camera is a potato.

Sent from the RWI App

ttya2071

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17
If your camera is a Potato, then my camera is a Potato Deluxe
See I skipped out on this year's model and bought last year's on clearance so that makes sense. It was all moldy and had roots but it cleaned up ok.

Sent from the RWI App

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
See I skipped out on this year's model and bought last year's on clearance so that makes sense. It was all moldy and had roots but it cleaned up ok.

Sent from the RWI App

At least your potato is genuinely grown, my potato is franken

TQPDiXQ.jpg

Holla09

7/5/17
@pompompurin Do you know if that gen jubilee bracelet would fit on a new model GMT (116710)? I have seen them used on the 1675 like you said and thought it may fit the new GMTs as well.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
@pompompurin Do you know if that gen jubilee bracelet would fit on a new model GMT (116710)? I have seen them used on the 1675 like you said and thought it may fit the new GMTs as well.

Depends on which jubilee bracelet.

The gen older ones with hollow end links (e.g. 62510h) can fit on noob or TC. You might have to bend the hollow end link slightly to make it fit and this is why I use aftermarket riyi002 end links as I don't want to damage the gen end links.

I have a gen older 62510h jubilee in my TC supefranken with riyi002 end links
7t50qhp.jpg

Modern gen jubilee bracelets with solid end links and solid middle links + hidden clasp might not fit.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Depends on which jubilee bracelet.

The gen older ones with hollow end links (e.g. 62510h) can fit on noob or TC. You might have to bend the hollow end link slightly to make it fit and this is why I use aftermarket riyi002 end links as I don't want to damage the gen end links.

I have a gen older 62510h jubilee in my TC supefranken with riyi002 end links
7t50qhp.jpg

Modern gen jubilee bracelets with solid end links and solid middle links + hidden clasp might not fit.

Mr Temple St. let me share some love in this great Jubilee thread.

AXNnRL1.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
you managed to fit a modern hidden clasp SEL jubilee onto a 1680 rep? AMAZING!!!
what are the specs?

I had to bend the springbars to make it fit -and the fit is now perfect. Its a raffles bracelet with a silicone job. It feels very smooth now. The 1680 is a Society build loaded with GEN components including a very sexy & clean Cal 1570 Rolex movement.

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I had to bend the springbars to make it fit -and the fit is now perfect. Its a raffles bracelet with a silicone job. It feels very smooth now. The 1680 is a Society build loaded with GEN components including a very sexy & clean Cal 1570 Rolex movement.

a gen 1570 movement?!?! okay you MUST tell me more about her, especially the "silicone job" lol
what case did you use? and what gen parts are in there

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
a gen 1570 movement?!?! okay you MUST tell me more about her, especially the "silicone job" lol
what case did you use? and what gen parts are in there

Jubilee:

By just rubbing silicone on the entire bracelet it gets a very smooth, gen like!
Vaseline would probably work equally good.

The Watch:

TheSociety Case with all correct engravings
TheSociety Insert with Vintaged Pearl
TheSociety 1680 Tropical Red Dial
Genuine Rolex Hour / Min hands / service second hands
Genuine Rolex Caliber 1570 with hacking (rare for this caliber - hacking feature means the second hand stops when changing time)
Genuine Rolex DateDisc with open 6s, 9s, and flat top 3s (rare!)