• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gold painting on the side of the TT mid link bracelet

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
i5pvSpr.jpg

If you read "The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide". You will know there is no actual gold in there.

BP Datejust "Gold Wrapped" price aver $1000. But have nice gold plating on center links side.

So why spent more money only to get that.

This is simple mod how i 'plating' center links side with 'gold'. It is super easy.

Below before i do this mod. As you can see. The side of the center links is naked.

i5pvSpr.jpg

I'm using this marker. Because this the only one i can get in asia. Actually this marker for painting model kit like Gundam. I saw nice 18 K marker in ebay but to lazy to order. You can try that one. I think it's better.

1QZS3Rb.jpg

Take out the bracelet. Cover the top mid link and side link using clear tape or other tape. Then paint it. Try the marker in the paper first until you get the best result. Don't paint it to thick.

5eBT05U.jpg

ykZt2cS.jpg

o8R1tZR.jpg

After the paint dry. Take all the clear tape.
And this is the result.

oatkAyx.jpg

otPqyrl.jpg

Not bad huh?

PS. You can use small brush for better result. If you do mistake you can wipe it with your wife nail paint remover.

I wear to the beach a few days. Wash this watch using soap and the gold painting still good. Sorry for my bad english.

Soldier2304

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/17
Nice! Can you post more pictures of this bracelet? I have BP version but i might order the MK bracelet gold wrapped for it

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hey. Just a heads up. It the SEL isn't gold all the way down then how is it wrapped. I own a WM9 and the center links are so thickly wrapped they look solid gold even when cut through. The SEL has gold all the way to the SEL. Amazing job. If you can see the sides are steel then that is plated.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
haha i like that painting tutorial, kinda reminds me of the ol' modeling kit days :D

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
very clever mod! i like it. How long does it stay you think?

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
Nice! Can you post more pictures of this bracelet? I have BP version but i might order the MK bracelet gold wrapped for it

I can. But i think you will regret if you buy this MK. As you can see the mid link attached to the sel is to way up. It's really ugly when wear this. The gold colour also funny more copper colour but not as dark like rose gold. I don't know, maybe mine old version. And the link more thick than normal bracelet.

The bezel and mid link i polish a few time using cape cod and now look very shiny. Don't using cape cod to gold plated it will fade just on one swipe.

Hey. Just a heads up. It the SEL isn't gold all the way down then how is it wrapped. I own a WM9 and the center links are so thickly wrapped they look solid gold even when cut through. The SEL has gold all the way to the SEL. Amazing job. If you can see the sides are steel then that is plated.

Maybe you are right. They plated a few time so more thick than normal plated. TD call it or sell it as a wrapped. As you can see in the link below.

https://www.intime01.co/rollie/2589...d-grey-dial-roman-marker-oyster-bracelet.html

very clever mod! i like it. How long does it stay you think?

I think it will stay as long as not dirty or get wet.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
nice mod. i agree, BP bracelet is the bomb.
i'd avoid cape cod on any gold, it puts tons of tiny little scratches in the gold and then you just keep wiping and wiping to try to get rid of them and then....
i've found a car polish does a very nice job polishing gold.

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
nice mod. i agree, BP bracelet is the bomb.
i'd avoid cape cod on any gold, it puts tons of tiny little scratches in the gold and then you just keep wiping and wiping to try to get rid of them and then....
i've found a car polish does a very nice job polishing gold.

hi can you share which car polish?