• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Rep of GMT Pepsi vintage?

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
Hey guys,
Curious of what the best route to take would be on an all rep GMT master Pepsi.
I like the 1675 and the 16710 but don't want to pay $12,000 for a gen LOL
I thought of getting a cheaper rep from TD and swapping out dial for a gen dial.
Even that may be too much money for a fling purchase.
What do y'all think?
Any Pepsi experts out there?

Thanks!

Sent from the RWI mobile app

lethalspectre

19/5/16
I'm thinking vintage because the new BLRO is white gold and super case which I would struggle to pull off.
I love the thin, long, skinny lugs on vintage rolex as I feel that they curve and fit my wrist more comfortably (I'm skinny wristed).
What does everyone think?
Would I probably have to age the dial, hands, and insert?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tructure

Supporter
6/1/15
Your location says ohio, so usa I presume :)
In that case you should contact yodog
He does some great vintage pepsi's

crsteen

Known Member
29/1/13
^^^ looks like the cartel 1675 is the popular choice then send it to @yodog for all your custom needs.

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
Agree with yodog's GMT builds. Of all the reps I have, the 1675 by him is my fav

SPQH

Renowned Member
11/8/14
What about the 16710 from BP ?
Are the 250$ worth for this piece?
I compared it with gen pictures and i saw, that the gmt hand is shorter on the BP. Also the case has no lug holes.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
If you intend to put a gen dial in it, then the 1675 is not a good idea, cheapest gen dial you'll come across will be a service dial/damaged original dial, expect to pay $450 upwards.
The 16710 is slightly better as a rep, closer to the gen (1675 has a crap dial, case is too thick, crown guards are terrible ) gen dials for the 16710 can be found for around $300, but it's not a bad OOTB rep.

SPQH

Renowned Member
11/8/14
Well, then it's official. I will get the BP 16710 asap.
Is it possible to change the aluminium inserts on the bp ? Read in some thread, that the inserts are glued on the bezel? Not sure if it is on the bp or cartel ones.

lethalspectre

19/5/16
Your location says ohio, so usa I presume :)
In that case you should contact yodog
He does some great vintage pepsi's

^^^ looks like the cartel 1675 is the popular choice then send it to @yodog for all your custom needs.

Agree with yodog's GMT builds. Of all the reps I have, the 1675 by him is my fav

What about the 16710 from BP ?
Are the 250$ worth for this piece?
I compared it with gen pictures and i saw, that the gmt hand is shorter on the BP. Also the case has no lug holes.

If you intend to put a gen dial in it, then the 1675 is not a good idea, cheapest gen dial you'll come across will be a service dial/damaged original dial, expect to pay $450 upwards.
The 16710 is slightly better as a rep, closer to the gen (1675 has a crap dial, case is too thick, crown guards are terrible ) gen dials for the 1670 can be found for around $300, but it's not a bad OOTB rep.
Thanks guys!
Sounds like I will have to reach out to Yodog in that case.
I'm in between a few projects right now, but this pepsi idea has always been on my mind on and off.
I saw a few members that had yodog builds and it was hard as hell to tell if it was gen or not.
Just need to figure out how much he charges, and if I have the extra dough at the moment.
I appreciate all your help, and I do realize it is kind of noobish to post a new thread just to ask a question; but hopefully noobies here who want a pepsi will be able to see this and learn from it :D

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
No point putting a gen dial in a 1675 case, it would be like putting $12,000 dollar rims on a 1980 honda civic. The 16710 is a better base, but its ICHS, if you care about that.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well, then it's official. I will get the BP 16710 asap.
Is it possible to change the aluminium inserts on the bp ? Read in some thread, that the inserts are glued on the bezel? Not sure if it is on the bp or cartel ones.

Yes, they are glued on - everything in China is glued on.

Just pull it out and put in a gen one.

crsteen

Known Member
29/1/13
Now I'm curious. I understand the cartel 1675 is the best option for that model, correct?

But (which maker) 16710 is a better OTB rep as far as closer to gen?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Now I'm curious. I understand the cartel 1675 is the best option for that model, correct?

BP.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

BP.

rwatch0

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Belgium
Thanks guys!
Sounds like I will have to reach out to Yodog in that case.
I'm in between a few projects right now, but this pepsi idea has always been on my mind on and off.
I saw a few members that had yodog builds and it was hard as hell to tell if it was gen or not.
Just need to figure out how much he charges, and if I have the extra dough at the moment.
I appreciate all your help, and I do realize it is kind of noobish to post a new thread just to ask a question; but hopefully noobies here who want a pepsi will be able to see this and learn from it :D
I am that absolute GMT noob and I learned a lot here. Subscribed and thanks for creating it!

Dreams watch

8/6/13
I've just received the BP 16710 and I reckon its great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk