• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MEIN HULK - review and modding (pic heavy)

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
andrei01 Wow! Finally, someone paid attention to the scallop shine. It really makes a difference especially when you stand several meters away in a well-lit room. I plan to do your bezel mod on my ARF 116610LN in 904L steel. What round sanding tool did you use to manually brush the bezel scallops before you used the 500 grit sandpaper as a finish?

Thanks ! The best and safest way to do it is to find a mill bit (end mill ) that will fit the scallop profile the best. It should be able to touch all the scallop surface at once.

Then i've used a dremel mounted like this :

999_3303_2_12.jpg

I mounted the endmill in the dremel and with it turned off i've manually rotated the endmill on each scallop.

I hope you got what i was trying to say : ) If not send me a pm .

This is the eaiest and fastest way to do it . Also when useing an endmill you won't have to use sandpaper after. The shine will be 90% like gen.

This end mill is similar to what i've used :

pl11789067-manufacturer_solid_carbide_carbon_fiber_end_mill.jpg

Reactions: marimar

marimar

Known Member
20/4/17
andrei01 Wow, that really takes a great deal of manual labor and handwork. What was the size of the mill end you used?