• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW TO: Set the time on the GMT II (CHS) A3186 movement

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does anybody know of a source for 3186/3187 movements? I now have 2 that are bad.

Sent from the RWI App

Have you tried asking your TD to source one? These are jury rigged movements specific to CHS reps and it's highly unlikely they are available anywhere else. It's a 2824 with a 3186/7 deco plate so some 2824 parts would swap in but not any of the GMT bits.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Have you tried asking your TD to source one? These are jury rigged movements specific to CHS reps and it's highly unlikely they are available anywhere else. It's a 2824 with a 3186/7 deco plate so some 2824 parts would swap in but not any of the GMT bits.

It’s a 2824 base? I thought it was a 2836 base.

Ossenaar87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/17
Hij werkt prima, als ik hem niet draag ligt hij in de winder.
Works fine now, when i am not wearing he is a sleep in his winder....

Reactions: RiffRalf

antoktok

23/7/19
hi this may be a dumb question but what if you turn the crown clockwise when in position 2?
will the hour hand jump backwards? If yes, what happens to the date if we went backwards past the 12 hour marker assuming it's 00:00

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
hi this may be a dumb question but what if you turn the crown clockwise when in position 2?
will the hour hand jump backwards? If yes, what happens to the date if we went backwards past the 12 hour marker assuming it's 00:00

That's the best way to break the movement, actually. Try not to move the hour hand in that direction!

Reactions: KJ2020

Ossenaar87

10/8/17
Well mine is dead... brought the watch to a jewler to waterproof oil and pressure test it. Told him DO NOT SET THE TIME!! Well he gave it back and he said i cant set the time.... fck!!! Told u do not mess arround!! Anyway it is still runnig only hand i can move is the houre hand and it keeps running while have the crown out. Wel only way i can wear it now is to wait untill the watch is stopped and then when the time is were it stopped keep it running haha.

Reactions: Surftime

thewee2536

Known Member
22/7/18
hi am not have CHS watch yet but soon

so i read and still confuse some part may b because my weak english

1.all you guy said do not adjust hours hand when gmt locate around 10:00 - 2:00 is this refer to marker on dial right?

2.you guy said if it possible do not play with hours hand so how can i adjust hours hand to correct position with out put crown to position 2 and adjust it?

is it mean safest way is to set time is follow guide one times then put it in winder if i not using watch?

3.about date as i understand that date will change by moving of hours hand is it mean that if i want to move from 31th to 1st i have to deal with hours hand or i can change by using minute hand?

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

1.all you guy said do not adjust hours hand when gmt locate around 10:00 - 2:00 is this refer to marker on dial right?

2.you guy said if it possible do not play with hours hand so how can i adjust hours hand to correct position with out put crown to position 2 and adjust it?

is it mean safest way is to set time is follow guide one times then put it in winder if i not using watch?

3.about date as i understand that date will change by moving of hours hand is it mean that if i want to move from 31th to 1st i have to deal with hours hand or i can change by using minute hand?

There is a sticky thread, on the very first page of the Rolex section that details how to set time and date of the CHS movement. Maybe you could read it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There is a sticky thread, on the very first page of the Rolex section that details how to set time and date of the CHS movement. Maybe you could read it?

This is the sticky thread bro. He's just asking for some clarification.

1. Yes, refers to hour markers on dial.

2. You have to use crown position 2 to initially set GMT offset, after that minimize use of position 2. Using a winder helps minimize using the crown.

3. You can and should change the date by using the minute hand, crown position 3.

Last edited:

devilpro7

25/9/19
This post is very helpful. Never thought abt setting the time in the right way.

zabalalleyoop

Looking Around
18/11/19
hi to all bro n sis,

im very new to replica. and i didnt knw movement have their own way to set the watch.
i sign up and bought a GMT Master from one of the forumer here. expecting to reach me next week. luckily i did some search on how to set the watch. to my understand the setting for A3186 is totally different from gen unit. am i right? please correct me if am i wrong.

so i did read the sticky post. but many doubts.
i wan to make sure i get it correct before i actually turn the crown when i received the watch.

1. what its actually mean by 10.00 to 2.00?
does it mean, if the watch time between 10.00 to 2.00 do not set the watch? please englighten me.

2. date. i manage to get the hour and minute hand and gmt correct. if it stopped for 2 days. say stopped on 18th, and i wan to make the date 20th. i need to turn the minute hand for 48 hours wic equal to 4 round passing the 12 o clock? please school me.

3. the setting position 3 if i got anything not right. i wanted to start over again. do i push down and screw it. and start over again?

please i really need help. i don have anyone can repair or service for me at my area (Borneo)

chiccovn

4/10/19
GMT nightmare lol... some local shop offered me a noob gmt 2 3186 at a very great price.. after reading this matrix here and sending the link to him, shop dares not touch the watch and i dare not buy it though i really liked it while ago.. LoL.. frozen...
So given the complicated and risky setting, beside wearing it all the time and/or winder usage, do we have other solutions? Good luck users!

Last edited: