• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW TO: Set the time on the GMT II (CHS) A3186 movement

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Makes sense as it's when the movement has more stress due to the date change mechanism. Thanks a lot mate.

charity7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/16
Sorry to hear that mate, but I'm not sure your problem is related to this, actually. Google "reset keyless works", as I'd say that's what happened. Good luck!

Thanks for the hint! I guess I figured I was not setting time correctly and that caused the stem to come off, I looked at some tutorials however I don't think I'm capable of fixing it, Hopefully I will find someone that will be able to!

Reactions: Hinclimincli

adj

Known Member
12/4/19
thaaaanks for the tutorial! extremely helpful! i will then go for , jump in the CHS world with no fear!

mfl

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
23/3/19
Germany
Thanks for this helpful info. At least for future watches.

On my GMT II the hour setting in position 2 is now fluidly, not jumping anymore. I guess, I broke it. Right? ;-(

I was setting the time as described in the thread. Any chance to fix this?

caicai3087

Looking Around
9/5/19
It's certainly not sloppy mate , at the moment anyway . Got mine from Andrew at trustytime , its the noob chs version . I try not to adjust it clockwise as i have heard that can overstress the spring as well as altering it netween 10 & 2 , certainly seems to have had its issues but so far mine seems ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR Watch
Reference number:116710 BLNR
Movement:3186 Automatic GMT movement with decorated bridges & rotor with correct hand stack (Hour Hand Adjustable)
Case Diameter:40.5mm
Thickness:13mm
Dial Color:Black Dial with Round Markers (Correct Hand Stack)
Bezel:Blue and Black Ceramic Bezel with Platinum coated numerals
Case Material:Solid Stainless Steel 316F Case
Bracelet:Solid Stainless Steel 316F
Front Glass:Sapphire Crystal with etched crown at 6:00 position
Back:Solid Stainless Steel Caseback
Clasp Type:Rolesor Clasp
Date Indicator:At 3:00 position

Last edited by a moderator:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Rolex Oyster Perpetual GMT-Master II 116710 BLNR Watch
Reference number:116710 BLNR
Movement:3186 Automatic GMT movement with decorated bridges & rotor with correct hand stack (Hour Hand Adjustable)
Case Diameter:40.5mm
Thickness:13mm
Dial Color:Black Dial with Round Markers (Correct Hand Stack)
Bezel:Blue and Black Ceramic Bezel with Platinum coated numerals
Case Material:Solid Stainless Steel 316F Case
Bracelet:Solid Stainless Steel 316F
Front Glass:Sapphire Crystal with etched crown at 6:00 position
Back:Solid Stainless Steel Caseback
Clasp Type:Rolesor Clasp
Date Indicator:At 3:00 position

As Hinclimincli said please do not post links to non trusted dealers.

Link removed.

Pierre Le Trek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/3/19
UK
Thanks from me too for posting this tutorial. I'm new to this forum and new to reps. I have been doing a lot of research and have been after a GMT Master II Batman. Just found out my sister's partner has a Master GMT II on the way for me. (was meant to be a surprise but the secret is now out ha!). I think I would have caused damage on the first day whenever I get to put my hands on this watch. It is apparently a Noob GMT Master II V8 with black bezel. Not the batman I have been looking to buy unfortunately but I wont be complaining. Can't wait to see it!

markus_sp3

Looking Around
18/7/10
I have a GMT II with the 3186 CHS and today the movement broke. The hour hand does not click into place when adjusting, so it would seem the spring has broken. Any recommendations on a good watch repairer in Melbourne, Australia? Thanks guys

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieWatcher

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
I have a GMT II with the 3186 CHS and today the movement broke. The hour hand does not click into place when adjusting, so it would seem the spring has broken. Any recommendations on a good watch repairer in Melbourne, Australia? Thanks guys

I am sorry to hear that.
Most likely it is cheaper to by a new movement and exchange it instead of trying to repair that broken one.

AussieWatcher

Known Member
28/6/19
Down Under

I'm based in Melbourne as well. If you find someone that will do rep repairs let me know!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I am sorry to hear that.
Most likely it is cheaper to by a new movement and exchange it instead of trying to repair that broken one.

Does anybody know of a source for 3186/3187 movements? I now have 2 that are bad.

Sent from the RWI App

Ossenaar87

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/8/17
Just received my gmt with 3187 set the time once just put it in a watch winder.