Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

HOW TO: Set the time on the GMT II (CHS) A3186 movement

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say don't adjust the quickset hour when GMT is between 10-2 does that mean the 12 he scale on the dial, or the 24hr scale on the bezel?

Comment

Gen2Rep if it's anything like the Breitling which I have it will be based on the 12 hr dial. This is because it has something to do with damaging the gears. Not 100% sure but I've never heard of it being eelarel to the 24hr dial.

Comment

Hey guys and gals .is there a how to on getting here? I couldn't find it i'm sorry.

I mean a how to disassemble the watch to were you can actualy change the DW.

Thnx!
        Tik tak my friend!

Comment

Sorry! Wrong thread!
          Tik tak my friend!

Comment

Is this guide still valid for new v8 reps?

Comment

Originally posted by watchboi View Post
              Is this guide still valid for new v8 reps?
              pretty sure most of the new v8's are ichs now.
              Current Rotation
              Noob 116710ln GMT2C Franken, BP IWC 5002 Platinum Franken,
              DW 6263 modded, BP16600 Seadweller modded.
              Franken 1016, Franken 1603
              I'm [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]lofi [/COLOR]everywhere!

Comment

So I think I’ve f**ked the GMT...saw this tutorial too late.
                Request for help - Who in the UK could take a look at it?
                Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                New here but hopefully a quick learner.

Comment

Thanks for this tutorial.
                  Iv'e just purchased from another member & this information will be invaluable to me.
                  Thanks again...

Comment

Originally posted by HelenBK27 View Post
                    Thanks for this tutorial.
                    Iv'e just purchased from another member & this information will be invaluable to me.
                    Thanks again...
                    One thing is not so clear , and maybe the most important thing... can we use safely the second crown position to set the date or not? Tutorial said we can, several friends here don’t use the second crown position at all. I am a bit confused.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

I'm getting a bit confused too! The watch I bought is actually an A3187 CHS.
                      Does this tutorial apply to only to the A3186 CHS or also to the A3187 CHS?
                      I'd be well pi***d off if I break it..

Comment

Originally posted by HelenBK27 View Post
                        I'm getting a bit confused too! The watch I bought is actually an A3187 CHS.
                        Does this tutorial apply to only to the A3186 CHS or also to the A3187 CHS?
                        I'd be well pi***d off if I break it..
                        You can use this tutorial also for the 3187. Same procedure as 3186.

nothingelse I would not recomend to use the second crown position for date setting.
                        The main problem is this "finger" for the independent hour time setting which can break.
                        time goes by so slowly ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nur-Uhr View Post

You can use this tutorial also for the 3187. Same procedure as 3186.

nothingelse I would not recomend to use the second crown position for date setting.
                          The main problem is this "finger" for the independent hour time setting which can break.
                          So you have to use only the third position, set Gmt hand then turn anti clockwise the crown , in third position, and go forward until you get the right hour and date. Am I right? Thanks.

Comment

nothingelse Yes correct. Only use the position for time setting. I know it can be very annoying to make this, but it is much better for the movement.
                            When you read some older threads, this movement will break very often when you set time or date with the "hour" hand postion.
                            This is the weak point of this CHS (correct hand stack) movements for the GMT.

The best would be to build an hybrig from a SH3135 and put the needed parts of an 3186 into the SH3135 movement. But it is not cheap :-(
                            Another solution is to upgrade with GEN ETA parts and than to fix and freeze the unique GMT hand position. But his means than you cannot have another GMT time than the normal time.
                            time goes by so slowly ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nur-Uhr View Post
                              nothingelse Yes correct. Only use the position for time setting. I know it can be very annoying to make this, but it is much better for the movement.
                              When you read some older threads, this movement will break very often when you set time or date with the "hour" hand postion.
                              This is the weak point of this CHS (correct hand stack) movements for the GMT.

The best would be to build an hybrig from a SH3135 and put the needed parts of an 3186 into the SH3135 movement. But it is not cheap :-(
                              Another solution is to upgrade with GEN ETA parts and than to fix and freeze the unique GMT hand position. But his means than you cannot have another GMT time than the normal time.
                              Many thanks, very useful indeed.

Comment

Glad I didn't get this movement without checking first! Probably would of broken it first wind lol

Comment

Working...
                                X