• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

Spongebob

8/9/10
Wow, never imagined that someone would actually found a way to to this! This is mind blowing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Actually I bumped my head on floor, than this idea popped up.......lol

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Hope these factory always make some progress, than I am willing to pay more for the better rep.
I'd hold off on exploring this too deeply, at least for two tone, because JF is developing one now. They've historically been worse than noob but who knows.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
This is the best mod I've seen since join the forums.I want to send you some hulk v7 inserts bro. Noticed your a rg forum supporting vendor.so I'm assuming you will definitely be selling this mod.as 99 percent of the forum will be wanting this done

Spongebob

8/9/10
I'd hold off on exploring this too deeply, at least for two tone, because JF is developing one now. They've historically been worse than noob but who knows.

Yea, i still prefer Noob and I am poor now,cause this mod burns out money.....lol

Spongebob

8/9/10
This is the best mod I've seen since join the forums.I want to send you some hulk v7 inserts bro. Noticed your a rg forum supporting vendor.so I'm assuming you will definitely be selling this mod.as 99 percent of the forum will be wanting this done

I am waiting for next batch of modded inserts incoming, will check the stability of the quality, than proceed taking orders....
Thank you smoke!!

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
Oh snap!

As everyone rushes to contact there dealer for v7 inserts, lol
Noob will be out of inserts before the end of the week :funny:

Spongebob

8/9/10
Oh snap!

As everyone rushes to contact there dealer for v7 inserts, lol
Noob will be out of inserts before the end of the week :funny:

Yea, no watch, just insert!!!! Noob will kill me if he knows me.....

Does anyone know where does Noob get these inserts?

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
Yea, no watch, just insert!!!! Noob will kill me if he knows me.....

Does anyone know where does Noob get these inserts?
That is the 100 dollar question...

Maybe Angus from Puretime could help you arrange a better deal than retail.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Jebus! I'd go gen before I ever spend 300 on a rep insert. If OP could make this work for something reasonable, I'm sure everyone would do it.

Adding my voice to the crowd of people interested in this... this is a fantastic technical advance in reps. Hope we see a cost soon. :)

Edit: I fully predict a bunch of threads with people asking how to get their bezels/inserts out without cracking... and another bunch of threads with people saying they've cracked their shit anyway. Such is rep life. :)

Edit 2: At 99.999%, it looks like $230/gm, so the other question is how many inserts you can do with one gram...

Haha, i have destroyed at least 10 pcs of inserts for my test, I feel nothing if i break it again!!

About your second input, I shall say this is a very good question, I have no exactly the yield per gram, but I must say that the material loss is extremely high and I believe it is approx. 90-95%. Yield loss is something about the surface size and its shape. Pls remember this insert is a hollow ring. This being said, plating material shall cover whole insert surface (not just index numbers)and even entire hollow area.

i think this sums it all up.
as fabulous as this all sounds, the price is going to be ridiculous per insert with loads of member's broken inserts and mucho nightmares for our brilliant OP who i am sure is not looking to quit his day job to ramp up industrial production of some illegal product.
gen insert is the only easy/cost effective way to scratch this itch boyz.

awesome innovation by the OP though.

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
i think this sums it all up.
as fabulous as this all sounds, the price is going to be ridiculous per insert with loads of member's broken inserts and mucho nightmares for our brilliant OP who i am sure is not looking to quit his day job to ramp up industrial production of some illegal product.
gen insert is the only easy/cost effective way to scratch this itch boyz.

awesome innovation by the OP though.
Pretty much. It's like a concept car at a car show - proof of what is possible but it wouldn't be commercially viable.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you OP for your excellent work and for coming with such nice results, I couldn't believe my eyes when I was going over your pics, congrats and thank you once again... we are waiting to see how to get those nice inserts in our hands, where are you located by the way?? And do something for your name, we need a short catchy name for your mod [emoji12][emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji844]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Why are people saying 300 dollars per insert?if that's the price this will not be viable

Presumably Cost per gram adjusted by loss rate. Also, that's just one dude's willingness to pay, not OPs potential cost of labor and goods.

Spongebob

8/9/10
Pretty much. It's like a concept car at a car show - proof of what is possible but it wouldn't be commercially viable.

Yea, i have a concept watch now.....
The 100th Anniversary Submariner produced by sponge Bob.....
124358_zps2wavoi3i.jpg

Why are people saying 300 dollars per insert?if that's the price this will not be viable

If the price is 300 dollars, I would like to buy a gen insert...

Presumably Cost per gram adjusted by loss rate. Also, that's just one dude's willingness to pay, not OPs potential cost of labor and goods.

Yes, the price will be less than $300, but the yield loss must be amortized....

Spongebob

8/9/10
Thank you OP for your excellent work and for coming with such nice results, I couldn't believe my eyes when I was going over your pics, congrats and thank you once again... we are waiting to see how to get those nice inserts in our hands, where are you located by the way?? And do something for your name, we need a short catchy name for your mod [emoji12][emoji12][emoji23][emoji23][emoji844]

I am located in Taiwan, a small island neary mainland China...... :woohoo:

Is it possible to rename?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I am located in Taiwan, a small island neary mainland China...... :woohoo:

Is it possible to rename?
We know where Taiwan is mate lolol!!! User name you cannot but giving a nice name to this mod is easy, you can chose [emoji108]