• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

Wraithier

19/6/16
So must we provide the insert or can they be purchased as well? Seems like we have to provide but just thought I'd ask if there is a different price with the insert included.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
We have some incredible members on this forum that go to great lengths to improve our replicas.

This insert mod is fantastic, it looks so close to gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
Any chance of fixing a broken pearl for an additional fee? Or would I just buy the modded insert from you? If so, is that the $195?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
Subscribed! Amazing work. Congratulations and thank! I will be sending you mine as well!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

unicornpad

Known Member
1/1/15
If you could figure out how to coat it onto the GMT BLNR bezel, it'll be a complete winnner for sure!

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Niceeeee

Really good price too.

Now whos gna be the spongebob for the pearl???

Spongebob

8/9/10
If you could figure out how to coat it onto the GMT BLNR bezel, it'll be a complete winnner for sure!

Coating on BLNR insert is no problem, the problem is the quality of this insert, the ripple inside the digital is just like my favorite potato chips.
I have done one BLNR insert, will upload some photo later.

potato_crisps.jpg

@d09624008

Can we call this the spongebob mod?

I was thinking about calling this as spongebob mod, but i love bikini, so it would be fine for me to call it "Bikini Bottom Mod"

@maxracingshox very appreciate your idea....:cheese:

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
I was thinking about calling this as spongebob mod, but i love bikini, so it would be fine for me to call it "Bikini Bottom Mod"

@maxracingshox very appreciate your idea....:cheese:

Haha, where did the 'bikini bottom' name come from?

Very interested in having this plating mod done!

Also, are you able to supply the actual insert too for a little extra @d09624008 or will you only work on inserts if we supply them to you?

If you're able to supply the actual insert too, that would be a great, convenient option!

I imagine this could be an opportunity to align bezel pearls, too, before plating.

Spongebob

8/9/10
Haha, where did the 'bikini bottom' name come from?

Very interested in having this plating mod done!

Also, are you able to supply the actual insert too for a little extra @d09624008 or will you only work on inserts if we supply them to you?

If you're able to supply the actual insert too, that would be a great, convenient option!

I imagine this could be an opportunity to align bezel pearls, too, before plating.

Bikini bottom?
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Bikini_Bottom

I will never remove or adjust the pearl, don't want to crack the triangle again....lol