• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
For a number of weeks now my Noob v7 bezel has been stuck at Spongebob as the upgrades to the plating process did not yield the expected results.
How many of you are also waiting for their bezels to be returned?

Waiting on my Hulk insert (and watch head).

NoahT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/18
For a number of weeks now my Noob v7 bezel has been stuck at Spongebob as the upgrades to the plating process did not yield the expected results.

Complaining in public and put a trusted modder under pressure is :asshat: Maybe next time you use different ways to solve your sensitivities first.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

it took two months for me but well worth the wait bro..sucks..yup..

jetguy

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
24/7/18
Just read through the entire 67 page thread looking for images of the BLNR insert w mod. Saw one small pic. Has the BLNR still not been perfected?

Didiny

Horology Curious
3/11/18
A rep insert with nice paint is still a rep insert, they are fragile and crack unlike the gen. The last v7 insert I bought was $85 plus postage, $385 for a rep insert? Not sure about that

OP is the insert you have modded cracked at the triangle?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Hello, from where you bought the insert of the noob v7?

Sent from the RWI App

Carlytoss

Certified
18/3/16
Snitching your TLS connexion
If some of you are still wondering how good Spongebob insert are, here is the one I just got for my Noob DSSD V7 D-Blue taken in very low light.
I still have to figure out how could I remove the old insert that I glued with hypo cement a while ago tho.
If you have any suggestion...

6a8e75b244b608afecb60c958442343d.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Insert looks really good! You could try finding an edge of the old insert to get under with a case knife. Tape off the bezel underneath the pry point if you need to. Once you get it started just cut the glue from under the insert around the bezel until you can pull it off. Hypo cement is pretty easy to undo, much more so than crazy glue or epoxy.

If that's not possible, you can try heating up the glue. I would take the movement out first if it were mine, heat will dry out the movement lubrication. If that's not an option for you, block off the case with a rag and heat the bezel from a side angle, aimed up slightly away from the case.

If that doesn't work, next choice would be to remove the bezel. It can be done with a case knife, even better with a bezel removal tool. Once the bezel is off the insert can be pushed out from underneath.

Reactions: Carlytoss

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Looks really good! I’d pop the pearl out of the old insert and using a dental pick through the hole where the pearl was start prying it out under heat.