• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

kdo2milger

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/3/06
This will never replace gen insert, the color is still a tell if you put gen and rep together for comparison.
True, but still an improvement nonetheless. I would still choose this route to modify my noob v7 inserts, provided it doesn't break the bank to do so.
Once coated and chamfered it arguably looks smoother (better) than the gen in your pic.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Haha! Why are people arbitrarily entering entering price bids for a product that has not yet been priced by the OP?
It seems strange to bid on something before you know its cost.

The OP said he would scale his costs and get back to us with a price. Perhaps just wait until then?
Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised at how affordably these can be supplied : )

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
As I stated before nothing involving platinum powder is affordable! Do a search on google at well over 1500 gram that isn't much platinum powder because platinum is heavier than gold so figure!

Very expensive unless OP has found killer deal!!

Norrie

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/12
Jebus! I'd go gen before I ever spend 300 on a rep insert. If OP could make this work for something reasonable, I'm sure everyone would do it.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Fascinating and very impressive, op. I might have to melt down the missus' engagement ring

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Haha! Why are people arbitrarily entering entering price bids for a product that has not yet been priced by the OP?
It seems strange to bid on something before you know its cost.

The OP said he would scale his costs and get back to us with a price. Perhaps just wait until then?
Maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised at how affordably these can be supplied : )

I just simply stated how much I would be willing to pay for said product. Didn't offer it to the OP.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
Haha. I wouldn't take any of you guys to help me if I was buying a used car : )

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Haha. I wouldn't take any of you guys to help me if I was buying a used car : )

The Sydney property market has a few too many of these guys

I don't care if it's only worth $700k, $1.2 million is my final offer

Spongebob

8/9/10
Good morning, I appreciated you like this mod and i am evaluating the possibility of offering this service.

I started to do this treatment from last December and the first sample is 4 months old, it's color gets dark a bit, but still match gen.

This insert is 4 months old and here is the photo under dim light:
DSC_2791_zpsjqc5l1za.jpg

This From the beginning, I took the pearl off to avoid spoiling it, but the insert cracked accidentally, than i always seal the pearl after this tragedy......

About the material, it is 99.99% pure platinum "bulk", not powder. It is expensive if you just need a layer to be coated on the insert.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Good morning, I appreciated you like this mod and i am evaluating the possibility of offering this service.

I started to do this treatment from last December and the first sample is 4 months old, it's color gets dark a bit, but still match gen.

This insert is 4 months old and here is the photo under dim light:
DSC_2791_zpsjqc5l1za.jpg

This From the beginning, I took the pearl off to avoid spoiling it, but the insert cracked accidentally, than i always seal the pearl after this tragedy......

About the material, it is 99.99% pure platinum "bulk", not powder. It is expensive if you just need a layer to be coated on the insert.

I think what you have is achieved is groundbreaking for sure. I hope you do seriously consider offering this service

Sent from the RWI mobile app

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Adding my voice to the crowd of people interested in this... this is a fantastic technical advance in reps. Hope we see a cost soon. :)

Edit: I fully predict a bunch of threads with people asking how to get their bezels/inserts out without cracking... and another bunch of threads with people saying they've cracked their shit anyway. Such is rep life. :)

Edit 2: At 99.999%, it looks like $230/gm, so the other question is how many inserts you can do with one gram...

Eseips

5/4/16
I´m amazed by how fast progress in Reps is happening lately! God, give this game an other year and you literally have no chance to differentiate a rep from a gen without a microscope. Thanks for your input, i´d be glad if you´d offer this service for the public, too. hats off to you!

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
Wow, never imagined that someone would actually found a way to to this! This is mind blowing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spongebob

8/9/10
Adding my voice to the crowd of people interested in this... this is a fantastic technical advance in reps. Hope we see a cost soon. :)

Edit: I fully predict a bunch of threads with people asking how to get their bezels/inserts out without cracking... and another bunch of threads with people saying they've cracked their shit anyway. Such is rep life. :)

Edit 2: At 99.999%, it looks like $230/gm, so the other question is how many inserts you can do with one gram...

Haha, i have destroyed at least 10 pcs of inserts for my test, I feel nothing if i break it again!!

About your second input, I shall say this is a very good question, I have no exactly the yield per gram, but I must say that the material loss is extremely high and I believe it is approx. 90-95%. Yield loss is something about the surface size and its shape. Pls remember this insert is a hollow ring. This being said, plating material shall cover whole insert surface (not just index numbers)and even entire hollow area.

Spongebob

8/9/10
I´m amazed by how fast progress in Reps is happening lately! God, give this game an other year and you literally have no chance to differentiate a rep from a gen without a microscope. Thanks for your input, i´d be glad if you´d offer this service for the public, too. hats off to you!

Hope these factory always make some progress, than I am willing to pay more for the better rep.