• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob GMTII CHS rep bezel vs gen bezel

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Great Beasy, thats the first thing I upgrade on any rep. Love noob, plug and play with all gen parts.
Is it really plug and play? I bought a full gold gen bezel assembly for 116713 GMT TT and i learned the hard way that it was slightly larger than noob gold wrapped version?

Wasn't going to try and add this 116710 myself but if its plug and play then might try it out...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rjk1

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/13
Is it really plug and play? I bought a full gold gen bezel assembly for 116713 GMT TT and i learned the hard way that it was slightly larger than noob gold wrapped version?

Wasn't going to try and add this 116710 myself but if its plug and play then might try it out...

I was able to have the gen assembly pressed onto the new CHS with gen xtal too ... It has nearly zero wobble - not as tight as a sub but the gen GMT also has wobble.

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
I was able to have the gen assembly pressed onto the new CHS with gen xtal too ... It has nearly zero wobble - not as tight as a sub but the gen GMT also has wobble.
Nice thanks. I will try it this afternoon.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Nice thanks. I will try it this afternoon.

Same w/ rjk1, no issues but I was building submariners only. Make sure there is a little wobble its what the spring balls are used for to allow the bezel to bounce, not a whole lot but a noticeable amount.

mudd

Horology Curious
3/1/10
wow! i just got myself a gen bezel assembly for my Noob CHS LN too and was also wondering the steps to pop the bezel. is it something that I can do at home or would I need special tools to remove and press in the new bezels.

I do have a crystal press lying around..

Thanks in advance ! & once again, lovely watch! (cant wait to get mine looking like that :) )

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
Imho the rep bezel doesn't come close to the gen. I have gen bezel and it transforms the watch.

I have to agree. I recently put a gen bezel assembly on my SubC V7. Very noticeable difference, not just the insert, the bezel itself looks much better, much higher quality.
The funny part is, they are very hard to tell apart, even side by side. However on the watch it is a very noticeable difference.
I wanted the insert and planned to sell the bezel assembly but once I installed the gen assembly I had to keep it.
With the gen crystal and gen bezel assembly the watch has a much higher quality look & feel. Best part about the GMT- you can get a full bezel assembly for $500 vs the $1000+ for the Submariner.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
take a very close look at the horizontal line at the bottom of the "2" and the cross of the "4": on the gen these lines have a slight curvature following the circle of the insert. the reps have never got this right and it's still flawed.

nasssy

Known Member
26/7/15
111.jpg Here's my Gen, everything is 100% perfect on it. If anything like the date/bezel/rehaut was even slightly mis-aligned Rolex would be getting an immediate warranty claim from me !!

PETROLHE4D

Known Member
21/1/19
Hello! Is it still a must have the gen bezel and cristal in the V9 GMT2? (CHS)

Thanks!

H.Larry

Horology Curious
10/2/19
Looks amazing thanks for the comparison.

Could you guys assist from where to get a gen bezel that would fit on the noob gmt? And how to install it?

thanks am new to the rep world ????

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
There a gen bezel for sale in m2m now. U would want to take a look around.

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
PETROLHE4D Yes, gen bezel and crystal and hands and DW and mvt and so on is a must LOL! Depends on your level of OCD i guess. :)