• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW TO: Your Rollie (or other) DOA from dealer with A2824/2836

D

d4m.test

Interesting write up. Can someone repost the pics? I'm interested in getting the noob v7.

D

d4m.test

Many people calling for reposted photos for this thread. Can anyone do the service and repost a tutorial with photos ?

Sent from the RWI App

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Okay the pictures are toast, but the idea is sound.

pictures not working but thank you!

Hope we'd get to see reuploaded pics, this sounds like a very good guide.

please repost pictures

Interesting write up. Can someone repost the pics? I'm interested in getting the noob v7.

Many people calling for reposted photos for this thread. Can anyone do the service and repost a tutorial with photos ?

Upon popular request - I'm offering a re-post with working pics

@lukko please let me know if you are not ok with this

To retrieve all pics, I used the method described here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/how-to-view-broken-photobucket-images.391606/#post-3641771

Original post by @lukko

Have many of you guys received your Rolex rep with eta 2824/2836 clone DOA ??

I have read that many of you have called unreliable this movement only for this stupid reason, saying that the SA3135 is better than ETA. (Oh, jesus christ when i read this affirmation i was hoping it was just a bad dream)

However, we come to us and to this problem.

Because many times your watch with 2824/2836 arrives DOA?

The answer is travel, and more precisely the impact that the package undergoes on the way to your home.

What happen inside the movement?

The problem that i have always found it is always the same: the escape wheel that goes out of sync with the other wheel and the pallet.

Have you always send back the watch to your dealer?

No, this may not be necessary if you have a good dexterity with your hands

I do this for so brief and effective guide to saving your DOA arrived watch with an easy fix :)

I tested this thing on more than 20/30 watches, and they have always worked fine and without problem then.

They were completely dead, not working if it were loaded manually and also not working if they were shaken.

You must start by opening the caseback of your watch with a special tool or a ball opener.

View attachment 78035
When you opened the caseback find the two black screws self wind module. Remove the two screws, the rotor, and then self wind bridge.

View attachment 78036

Then see the escape wheel

View attachment 78043
View attachment 78040
View attachment 78041
View attachment 78042

With a tweezer end (very very very very very gently move slightly the wheel escapement to the two directions of rotation of the wheel.

IMPORTANT: move very gently and without force because if you do it stronger you will surely break wheel, or escape wheel or the pallet. So I would recommend that please NOT try this guide to those who have not dexterity with this type of thing and with his hands.

View attachment 78044
The movement starts already so many times, but if nothing happens you can try to move the hairspring

That's simple and that's all :)

TnoJ24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/17
^Life saver. Thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colt45gto

Renowned Member
22/12/10
Mine had a broken retaining clip on the top incabloc A 3135. So unless you are very good at watch repair then this is best left to a ws.

I will strip clean and rebuild an eta but I didn't want to tackle this.

Sent from the RWI App