• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs

Andy0

Horology Curious
1/5/20
United Kingdom, Essex
Still a useful guide, as a noob I found it very useful. As has most of this site, so much to learn - whole new world! Gone from one YouTube video (gen vs. replica) now contemplating a Submariner no date ZZF V2....

That was Friday, well it's Sunday now now thinking Franken, lol

By Monday will probably be looking for a Gen..:)

So I've fallen down a rabbit hole, TBH the ZZF will be fine for me as a first rep. If I pull the plug on that, my understanding is that it's not cool to share QC pics, are members on here happy to verify quality via PM?

Also have a gen Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant (A413700) 37mm version, whilst nice is a little small on the wrist now, so fancy a larger watch for a while.

(I've also a gen Appple watch 1 and 5 lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

jksko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/1/20
Paris
Why it's not cool to share QC pics? I'm wondering...

jksko

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/1/20
Paris

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

You can share a we pic if you have a specific question (is this a v2; is the cyclops crooked; is that a scratch on the 9 index) but not for vague questions (should I accept; is this a good example)

Reactions: jksko

firuz

Known Member
19/4/16

QC pics are to make sure when the watch arrives it looks like what you paid for. People post “spoon feed me” requests and questions that have their origins rooted in LAZINESS.

post if its a precise question, or if its a brand new version the forum is desperate to see first pics of.

TheChrisP1

Horology Curious
7/5/20
Thank you! This helps a lot. Here it is years later and still a relevant post. Well done!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Fernz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
This is a great post!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI