• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SEL - Solid End Link - Comprehensive Guide & FAQ

Limpy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
3/7/16
EU
OP let me tell you, this is an excellent thread. Well done. I'm totslly with [MENTION=133005]IWCAP[/MENTION]! Thanks for explaining the whole SEL-issue in a fun but fact related way. all i now see are perfectly aligned SEL - to flush SEL - to long SEL .. its madness man :)) but atleast i know what everybody is talking about. I love your thread. Keep on and thanks

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

poiuy

Renowned Member
10/10/16
Now i know what SEL means! Thanks a million!

Great post, a credit to the forum! :punk:

dan89

Renowned Member
4/9/16
Now I know what SEL is and not alien to me anymore, thanks for the guide!

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Hi again, although all gen subs i've seen on the internet and here on the forum have recessed SEL ,i saw one at an AD ly looked like it had the sel almost flush with the lugs, at least in my opinion. Here are some pictures:

b1abd9a0c66b7332ab56cf117e8ef03a.jpg

0bb4ff167e4a157394bf6ae258854b6d.jpg

020ad00c0f3b17a0f4bd576427f43969.jpg

What do you guys think?

Also other members have stated that not all gen subs have the sel recessed nowadays.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Nice pics! I recently spent the afternoon hanging at my local AD and spent a lot of time with all the watches and I can tell you, with complete certainty that all the subs, gmts, sd's this year have almost flush sels. They are receased but very, very slightly. Just BARELY... Ihave noticed more pronounced recess in older subs. That being saidn i have no idwa if the older subs sels are more recessed by design or if its from stretching and wear..anyway i just wanted to chime in here....

powerdrome

Certified
6/9/16
Nice pics! I recently spent the afternoon hanging at my local AD and spent a lot of time with all the watches and I can tell you, with complete certainty that all the subs, gmts, sd's this year have almost flush sels. They are receased but very, very slightly. Just BARELY... Ihave noticed more pronounced recess in older subs. That being saidn i have no idwa if the older subs sels are more recessed by design or if its from stretching and wear..anyway i just wanted to chime in here....

good point

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Theammer

Horology Curious
19/11/16
Someone should do a thread on all the differences and abbreviations on rolies. I had no idea WTF was going. Thank you op !!!

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Very interesting post thank you. Now I know where to look exactly with the next Qc pics.

apottedplant

6/6/12
Thank you! Now I'm enlightened.

And I agree with your other advice too. It's good to know what 'flaws' or differences compared to from Gen, but really no need to fixate on it.

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Guys we all want the best we can get that is a given!
But more than once we have proven there is variance in the gen watches from production run to run, so if someone can see these super minuscule flaws and it on my wrist they are way to close to me for comfort!
I will politely ask you to back away, if you ask to see my watch then you are way to nosey, just comment nice watch and move on!

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Guys we all want the best we can get that is a given!
But more than once we have proven there is variance in the gen watches from production run to run, so if someone can see these super minuscule flaws and it on my wrist they are way to close to me for comfort!
I will politely ask you to back away, if you ask to see my watch then you are way to nosey, just comment nice watch and move on!

here, here.

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
As someone who obsesses over properly recessed and curved SEL, I love this thread.

I just hope our friend @puretime shows it to Mr Noob : )

m2msolutions

Horology Curious
7/6/15
Best explanation of SEL I've seen so far. Thanks very much for taking the time to post it up and spread the knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

DannyTheDoberman

Renowned Member
17/11/16
U.K
I love it when people put so much effort into explanations.
Great write up and pictures, well done Sir.

Sent from my iPad using RWI