• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SEL - Solid End Link - Comprehensive Guide & FAQ

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Hi again, although all gen subs i've seen on the internet and here on the forum have recessed SEL ,i saw one at an AD that really looked like it had the sel almost flush with the lugs, at least in my opinion. Here are some pictures:

b1abd9a0c66b7332ab56cf117e8ef03a.jpg

0bb4ff167e4a157394bf6ae258854b6d.jpg

020ad00c0f3b17a0f4bd576427f43969.jpg

What do you guys think?

Also other members have stated that not all gen subs have the sel recessed nowadays.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
I think you have found the evidence that proves everyone should calm down.

jameslook

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/14
Yeah and if i remember well also Smoke stated that the dial of the v7 is correct so v7 should be a very good rep.

I think it is more the gap that is sometimes present that is more of an issue?
How to get a v6S bracelet? I'm waiting on my v7

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Yeah and if i remember well also Smoke stated that the dial of the v7 is correct so v7 should be a very good rep.

I think it is more the gap that is sometimes present that is more of an issue?
How to get a v6S bracelet? I'm waiting on my v7
I was also thinking about getting a v6s just to swap bracelets and sell the v6s with the v7 bracelet at a lower price but after seeing the sub shown above i calmed down and settled with the v7 as it is.

I am also waiting for my v7. In the qc pics i noticed a gap between the lug and the sel. I have mentioned the issue to puretime but they said that they don't see this problem and have sent other pics in wich the gap was less obvious. I hope it won't be a big issue.

jameslook

22/7/14
I was also thinking about getting a v6s just to swap bracelets and sell the v6s with the v7 bracelet at a lower price but after seeing the sub shown above i calmed down and settled with the v7 as it is.

I am also waiting for my v7. In the qc pics i noticed a gap between the lug and the sel. I have mentioned the issue to puretime but they said that they don't see this problem and have sent other pics in wich the gap was less obvious. I hope it won't be a big issue.

My thoughts exactly.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
I don't think you can order the v6s bracelet separately and also am not shure if swaped it fixes the issue.

avorolex

28/2/16
Hi, do somebody know if its possible to swap the SEL? I cant see any way to separate it from the rest of the links but I am not sure

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi again, although all gen subs i've seen on the internet and here on the forum have recessed SEL ,i saw one at an AD that really looked like it had the sel almost flush with the lugs, at least in my opinion. Here are some pictures:

b1abd9a0c66b7332ab56cf117e8ef03a.jpg

0bb4ff167e4a157394bf6ae258854b6d.jpg

020ad00c0f3b17a0f4bd576427f43969.jpg

What do you guys think?

Also other members have stated that not all gen subs have the sel recessed nowadays.

That's recessed perfectly and sharp.get ya eyes testing :)
No offence

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I think you have found the evidence that proves everyone should calm down.

Nope because that's recessed like a dream.I've got my v7 and new V6s sel to look like that super sharp.zero gaps and recessed perfectly

avorolex

28/2/16
Yea you can
Great, my V5 has good SELs but the rest of the links have gaps between the middle part and the side parts, if I swap the SELs with the V7 SELs then maybe I will have a perfect bracelet with no gaps in the links and perfect SELs. How can I separate the SEL if it doesnt have amy screw?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Great, my V5 has good SELs but the rest of the links have gaps between the middle part and the side parts, if I swap the SELs with the V7 SELs then maybe I will have a perfect bracelet with no gaps in the links and perfect SELs. How can I separate the SEL if it doesnt have amy screw?

V5 sel is too long it will fit but will not look good as the v5 sel is as long as the lugs.only the v6s bracelet or sel is a replacement to use.you wouldn't separate the sel you would just use the sel and the first 4 fixed links.but u may aswell just use the entire thing.

Repgoon

27/8/15
[MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION] I sent you a PM yesterday. Got a couple of things to ask you if you don't mind.

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Best post I've read on RWI so far. Facts, combined with your own opinion and humor. Excellent and so well written. Thanks for settings the whole SEL business straight for me :)