• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
a83e88e7b026430452b4a77e68f147f5.jpeg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Takes some cojones to wear that in public

Reactions: NinetyThree

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
I don't mind that the bracelets are light, that is to be expected. I don't equate lightness to junk, I have some 5 digit reps whose bracelets are way lighter and flimsier so you just have to lower your expectations on how much it's going to "feel like a gen". It won't, so if that's your standard of satisfaction then these models aren't for you. I like the ones I bought and am happy seeing them on my wrist. It's all a big fantasy afterall.

16014468332872.jpg

Yeah agreed I guess I was just surprised what poor quality they felt, but I’m very used to 6 digit Rolex and VSF Omega where they are fantastic quality

Completely correct I need to lower my expectations

Sent from my iPhone 11 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
In house photos until we finally get some sun where I live.

Safe to say I'm pleased with the watch. Not my first gold GMF, but my first none wrapped gold GMF so the jury is still out on the quality of the gold. But as far as color, it's pretty spot on imo.

Photos are 100% stock iPhone photos.

VAzsf6.jpg

VAzxXh.jpg

VAz9z0.jpg

VAzG2D.jpg

Damn, wear this one nicely. Nice shots and a beautiful watch!

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20

When I first got into reps, I wasn't too sure if I'd ever pull the trigger on a gold rolex, but seeing pictures of this olive green dial with the rose gold bracelet is convincing me otherwise! It looks fantastic!

Sure.. The lightweight bracelet won't appeal to everyone, but it's definitely something I could live with considering it only costs a fraction of the price compared to the real deal. If it was solid gold, I'd be paying 10x the price right?

This is definitely a watch I'm going to consider in the near future! They've done a cracking job matching the olive green dial! In the future, hopefully they'll get the Chocolate dialled version a little more close to gen like too. Once they do that, I'd snap one up in a minute!

Last edited:

NinetyThree

14/5/19
When I first got into reps, I wasn't too sure if I'd ever pull the trigger on a gold rolex, but seeing pictures of this olive green dial with the rose gold bracelet is convincing me otherwise! It looks fantastic!

Sure.. The lightweight bracelet won't appeal to everyone, but it's definitely something I could live with considering it only costs a fraction of the price compared to the real deal. If it was solid gold, I'd be paying 10x the price right?

This is definitely a watch I'm going to consider in the near future! They've done a cracking job matching the olive green dial! In the future, hopefully they'll get the Chocolate dialled version a little more close to gen like too. Once they do that, I'd snap one up in a minute!

10x? To get a gen of these your gonna pay over 100x and that would be a steal

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Sorry for posting this in another topic but I have just noticed this to be the main DD40 thread. I'm interested in the RG DD40 with green dial. It seems both BP and GMF sell these. Is there a reason to go for GMF over BP?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
All of the above,
also, apparently, GMF is actually BP, I can’t confirm that but that’s what I heard. BP was the first factory to do a half decent dd 40, then came noob them TWF or
something similar, GMF just happens to be the latest.

also I’ve had both rose gold in BP and now GMF, it’s just better, bracelet is slightly less flimsy, dial is really nice date and day wheel are centered well ( my BP Wednesday and Saturday were off.

trust me, it’s just better haha

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Thanks for the feedback. I have never had a BP/GMF DD. How does the quality stack up to the likes of VSF and ARF Datejusts?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Thanks for the feedback. I have never had a BP/GMF DD. How does the quality stack up to the likes of VSF and ARF Datejusts?

Can’t say unfortunately as I’ve not had those DJ!

on the wrist it feels great,
obviously the bracelet feels light and a bit “rattly” because it’s not solid gold like gen. But the watch head itself, winds very nice, ticks over date and day as it should dial and markers looks good, if you’re wanting daydate it’s the best option

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Do others have this same issue with the 20+ dates left adjacent? RL worthy?