• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I think they look close to gen size. In theory, the design of them should reflect light in a certain way to make them appear to be thinner. Those photos don’t capture the light well so they look flatter and more thick. I think they’re fine though.

Gen on left:

VmxzkI.jpg

Funny I was just looking at this one today. Always scared of gold though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Here’s the link to my sell thread: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...w-gold-40mm-presidential-roman-numeral-228238

It was bad enough that I started to feel uncomfortable wearing it so that was my sign to pass it on. At the time i was unaware of getting the watches re-plated by some of the watch modifiers here on the forum, so I’d maybe explore that next time for a watch I really wanted to keep. I’ve had my fair share of gold reps and Noob has been the only one I’ve had wear/fade issues with.

That's funny. I've owned multiple gold BPs and Noobs and the only ones that had gold fade were the BPs. I have the pictures to prove it. There's a BP bracelet sitting in my spare watch parts box that's rotting away since the gold started to fade. Badly, I might add. You can see some sort of bronze looking base metal underneath.

IFrederickI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/19
I see that GMF released the white Roman dial DD40, did they release a blue Roman dial as well?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's funny. I've owned multiple gold BPs and Noobs and the only ones that had gold fade were the BPs. I have the pictures to prove it. There's a BP bracelet sitting in my spare watch parts box that's rotting away since the gold started to fade. Badly, I might add. You can see some sort of bronze looking base metal underneath.

Strange indeed as I have had exactly the opposite experience too. I put some mild tape on a Noob TT bracelet to "protect" it while regulating the movement and when I removed the tape, some of the top layer of plating came off with it. Wow. OTOH I have 5 BP "gold" reps (plated only, not wrapped) that have not shown one sign of color change or flaking, spotting, etc. Go figure.

bj9dL.jpg

bj1IQ.jpg

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
Strange indeed as I have had exactly the opposite experience too. I put some mild tape on a Noob TT bracelet to "protect" it while regulating the movement and when I removed the tape, some of the top layer of plating came off with it. Wow. OTOH I have 5 BP "gold" reps (plated only, not wrapped) that have not shown one sign of color change or flaking, spotting, etc. Go figure.

bj9dL.jpg

bj1IQ.jpg

This is interesting. I suppose it matters more what these "gold" watches are exposed to, as opposed to what factory plated them. Your case was tape, my case was oils from my wrist as well as probably friction. Here's pictures of my gold faded BP factory bracelet. The Noob factory bracelet is next to it in the last picture. BP left, NOOB right. My Noob Day-Dates and my gold ARF Daytona still have perfect plating after a year+ of ownership. I've made it a habit this past year or so to wipe the gold reps down after each wear with a soft cloth and wash with WristClean every once in a while. That seems to do the trick and the plating has been perfect on my gold reps ever since. This is true with my other gold plated non-rep watches. I have a Corniche Heritage 40 I wore the hell out of and never really wiped it down, gold faded after a few years of daily use. I have a Seiko Presage rose gold plated, I wipe it down after each use and it's as good as the day I bought it.

IMG_20201007_155058cd114d3bab58db2a.jpg

IMG_20201007_1549276e566fb45e48134a.jpg

IMG_20201007_155824994853b18d76b4b9.jpg

IMG_20201007_1550107aece1696354a97e.jpg

IMG_20201007_155412_1e27f2e954f50d760.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
when I removed the tape, some of the top layer of plating came off with it. Wow
I don't know but this made me chuckle :lol:

Reactions: KJ2020

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
They do both in YG and in WG. Just approved my QCs today for silver tuxedo dial in WG. Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
They do both in YG and in WG. Just approved my QCs today for silver tuxedo dial in WG. Fingers crossed for a smooth delivery.

Sent from my IN2020 using Tapatalk

Let’s see those QC’s!

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
There you go!

Thanks! After I asked for the pics, I seen u posted it on the other thread. Looks good - my only concern is the day font seems to be the style BP uses. When looking at the TD websites they all show a slightly more accurate font for the GMF version. We’ll have to see a few more QC from buyers I suppose.

Reactions: peniwan

peniwan

Known Member
28/2/19
Switzerland
Thanks a lot for sharing the QC pictures. I also agree that the watch looks good. But as the mate above me already said it would be nice to have some more and closer pics of the day and date font.

Think i am going to pull the trigger soon for the white gold with white dial and roman markers. This combination is a beauty!