• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
How much does that one sell for?

It’s the ridiculously priced BP version with supposedly “thick” gold wrapping...$1328. Too rich for my blood

0e4650f5e5197380f08a944bf5c10929.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka

butkus0321

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Is BP the current favorite for a YG DD40? I'm most interested in BP due to the 2836 movement compared to Noob's 3255. I thought I'd read that Noob had a better bracelet along with dial. BP seems to win in gold color, dial markers and movement. I do plan on adding gen parts over time.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Is BP the current favorite for a YG DD40? I'm most interested in BP due to the 2836 movement compared to Noob's 3255. I thought I'd read that Noob had a better bracelet along with dial. BP seems to win in gold color, dial markers and movement. I do plan on adding gen parts over time.

They have their own give and takes, read on the previous pages and find your own favorite......

Sent from the RWI App

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
It’s the ridiculously priced BP version with supposedly “thick” gold wrapping...$1328. Too rich for my blood

0e4650f5e5197380f08a944bf5c10929.jpg

Hey man some stated that BP's bezel is thicker than gen. What do you think about it. I'm planning to do an dd40 franken so thats that.

butkus0321

Horology Curious
1/10/19
They have their own give and takes, read on the previous pages and find your own favorite......

Sent from the RWI App

I did, plus, I've read up on many other forums and threads. I was hoping someone who's recently bought or is aware of what BP and Noob has recently put out would comment or add further insight into my comments. Instead, I received your rather lazy reply.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I did, plus, I've read up on many other forums and threads. I was hoping someone who's recently bought or is aware of what BP and Noob has recently put out would comment or add further insight into my comments. Instead, I received your rather lazy reply.

I would probably recommend the NOOB vs the BP.
I like both but NOOB have a better DW and that makes a big difference.
BP bracelet is better than NOOB, but shorter and I needed to add a few extra links setting med back 100 bucks.
Both have equal weight but NOOB 3255 have a better power reserve.
NOOB is swim / pool / shower proof whereas BP fogs up very easy. i.e not shower proof.
The BP wrapped is way overpriced. Both my DD are plated. Both are hard to tell as REPs on the arm.

Last edited:

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
I would NOT recommend getting a gold plated DD Noob version wet by any means. While the crown may screw down tight enough to prevent water from entering, the gold plating will fail that much quicker. Two of mine did and never had contact with water.

Naughtylus

18/4/19

Besides the dial, crystal n cyclop, and bracelet, it’s difficult to replace the date wheels. If you want to franken it, noob or the 36mm version. I personally got the 3255 bp 904L, wanted to franken it with gen day date wheel, super difficult to find gen parts for 41mm. A lot for 36mm tho. Yes, I’d save for a gen bracelet but the gen bracelet itself can probably buy myself a gen watch as well so probably gonna wait for the right thing to come along. If you’re going to franken, I don’t think there’s posts on telling which calibre will work with gen parts for the dd as far as I know, but probably the 2826 version will need mods to gen parts to fit it... just wait til someone like KJ or Legend stumbles upon here and they’ll tell you. But get the 36mm if you want to franken. I personally for the 41mm, it just needs the crystal and cyclops and bracelet. My BP has the lec on the crystal, but get the noob I think they have better day wheel fonts.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: butkus0321

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I would probably recommend the NOOB vs the BP.
I like both but NOOB have a better DW and that makes a big difference.
BP bracelet is better than NOOB, but shorter and I needed to add a few extra links setting med back 100 bucks.
Both have equal weight but NOOB 3255 have a better power reserve.
NOOB is swim / pool / shower proof whereas BP fogs up very easy. i.e not shower proof.
The BP wrapped is way overpriced. Both my DD are plated. Both are hard to tell as REPs on the arm.

Your both DD noob?

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
I’ve been seeing a lot of DJ41 and DJII with the hidden clasp jubilee band. I don’t believe that’s is an option from Rolex AD so wouldn’t that be a giveaway of the watch being a rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butkus0321

Horology Curious
1/10/19
Received my QC pics and video from Fat Panda for my BP DD40. Thought I'd share so people can see what a recent BP looks like. Shipped earlier this week so I'll post on the wrist shots once it arrives. One annoying (newbie) mistake I made was not sharing my wrist size before Tim shipped. Hopefully, it fits just right or is too big so I can remove links. If you have extra BP links, lmk as I may need some and would buy them off you.

Photos: https://imageshack.com/a/GOnH/1

Video: https://vimeo.com/369381516/68c79cfebb

Cheers to folks who shared their insight on Noob vs BP!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
I’m selling my DD, if anyone’s interested please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
Does anyone know if there exist overlays for the DAYwheel in other languages fitting the A2836?

Hermes84

Horology Curious
19/10/19
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a full rose gold DD40, with the striped rose gold dial?

Either BP or Noob. Just want to see what the dial looks like as the Noob one seems to look a little more gen, BP one seems more "pink" and doesn't seem to match the the rest of the watch?