• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The dd 40 is here!

Naughtylus

18/4/19
This looks great! I've been meaning to get one of these with a silver dial, yet I'm unsure if the diamond bezel's quality is nice enough. Can anyone else with the same model chime in?

Hi, the diamond bezel is in its own good quality level, it’s good. But I’ve seen a gen diamond bezel icy blue Daytona (116504 I think?) and this diamond bezel looks nothing like the Daytona’s one(shape, crystal clear, you can tell it’s different).... and if you’re comfortable of getting called out or have people ask you about the bezel, then you’ll be fine! I personally don’t mind/care! And it does look good!!

Sent from the RWI App

Seven7r

24/5/15
Hi, the diamond bezel is in its own good quality level, it’s good. But I’ve seen a gen diamond bezel icy blue Daytona (116504 I think?) and this diamond bezel looks nothing like the Daytona’s one(shape, crystal clear, you can tell it’s different).... and if you’re comfortable of getting called out or have people ask you about the bezel, then you’ll be fine! I personally don’t mind/care! And it does look good!!

Sent from the RWI App

Have the diamonds on yours dulled already, or is it still as nice as day one? Could you post more pictures?

Sorry for multiple questions hahah

Naughtylus

18/4/19
https://imgur.com/a/wvQXw5B

Here’s the video... hope it works...

Tbh so far I’m very happy with BP’s rolexes. I think they have the most accurate date font by far... um, I just found out there’s LEC on my crystal too, although it bugs me the crystal sits too high from the dial, and this would be the only thing I’d like to get fixed/modded at the moment. Other than that, I’d complain about the cyclops, I’m not sure if it’s the correct ratio. And the day font... I know a lot of people complain about it, but it’s only within us that can tell so it doesn’t bother me.... and another thing I’d fix is the rehault, it’s slightly not aligned with the crown on the dial hahaha but yes id only get it fixed when I finally send it to my watchsmith hahah

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: KENNEY and Seven7r

MoD2Franken

Renowned Member
Certified
27/1/11
Germany
BP "Tux"
4f07f04294363463aa2ce24f0e64d5ed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Heavy watch mate looks awesome - best dial version black tapestry ????????

Replica - Passion

Reactions: leo6929

Seven7r

24/5/15
https://imgur.com/a/wvQXw5B

Here’s the video... hope it works...

Tbh so far I’m very happy with BP’s rolexes. I think they have the most accurate date font by far... um, I just found out there’s LEC on my crystal too, although it bugs me the crystal sits too high from the dial, and this would be the only thing I’d like to get fixed/modded at the moment. Other than that, I’d complain about the cyclops, I’m not sure if it’s the correct ratio. And the day font... I know a lot of people complain about it, but it’s only within us that can tell so it doesn’t bother me.... and another thing I’d fix is the rehault, it’s slightly not aligned with the crown on the dial hahaha but yes id only get it fixed when I finally send it to my watchsmith hahah

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Wow this is beautiful! thanks for posting more pictures and a video!

MaxGMTeggs

Horology Curious
6/12/17
Hi guys, recently got a BP factory plated YG Day Date and read up that over time sweat and other factors can cause the gold color to fade.

Is it true then that wrapped yellow gold Day Dates don't experience fading in color?

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi guys, recently got a BP factory plated YG Day Date and read up that over time sweat and other factors can cause the gold color to fade.

Is it true then that wrapped yellow gold Day Dates don't experience fading in color?

I don’t think so....
but my silver one does rust a bit now after a couple of months owning it. But I think I took off the wrong links maybe that’s why. But look at previous pages, there are recommendations of cleaning solutions.

Sent from the RWI App