• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to source 1680 dials?

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
I have a 1680 I got from PureTime a couple years back which JMB modded the case.

I had the dial aged by an RWG member back then who ended up getting banned, and really ruined my dial. Haven't worn the watch since then, it's sat in my box because how and it looks, and now I was thinking about finding a good dial replacement.

I was looking at the Yuki eta dials, anyone have experience with the them? Are there any other alternatives? Does anyone also know if there are any Tiffany and Co rep dials out there?

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
eBay for the tiffanys dials. All the good shit that people get from yuki, phong, etc with the singer backplate are from ebay. $150-$250 will nab you a gen singer backplate refinished tiffany dial, omani, uae, gilt 5512, etc etc.

Whats wrong with your current dial? I bet I can salvage it.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Raffles dials are OK -especialy for the money, but they are 29mm so proportionaly wrong.

A lot of the refinished dials on Ebay are, the rumour has it, from Ingod who made very good stuff. They sell for around $150 - $250 - they're auctioned so you never know where it's gonna go.

Helenarou also do dials, qulity seems good ( never had one) .

Then there's Phong & Ming - stupid money - may as well go gen (unless it's a 1680 red you want)

Yuki is about the cheapest - about $125 ( plus shipping) for a 1680, plus you get a set of hands. The quality is ok, a bit hit & miss - he seems to have a problem with ink... LOL.

Your dial is possibly salvageable - put up a pic so we can see.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
I have a Yuki that was never mounted and probably won't ever be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I have a Yuki that was never mounted and probably won't ever be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's at moments like this that I wish there was a sort of internet "club" for watch enthusiasts, a place where people could meet "virtualy" ,exchange ideas, opinions and why not, maybe even sell and buy watches, spare parts they no longer wish to use etc - we could call them forums, from the greek word - no, wait ... OP here's your solution!

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
It's at moments like this that I wish there was a sort of internet "club" for watch enthusiasts, a place where people could meet "virtualy" ,exchange ideas, opinions and why not, maybe even sell and buy watches, spare parts they no longer wish to use etc - we could call them forums, from the greek word - no, wait ... OP here's your solution!

Hahaha. Spit some coffee on that one.

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
Thanks for the replies fellas.

eBay for the tiffanys dials. All the good shit that people get from yuki, phong, etc with the singer backplate are from ebay. $150-$250 will nab you a gen singer backplate refinished tiffany dial, omani, uae, gilt 5512, etc etc.

Whats wrong with your current dial? I bet I can salvage it.

Raffles dials are OK -especialy for the money, but they are 29mm so proportionaly wrong.

A lot of the refinished dials on Ebay are, the rumour has it, from Ingod who made very good stuff. They sell for around $150 - $250 - they're auctioned so you never know where it's gonna go.

Helenarou also do dials, qulity seems good ( never had one) .

Then there's Phong & Ming - stupid money - may as well go gen (unless it's a 1680 red you want)

Yuki is about the cheapest - about $125 ( plus shipping) for a 1680, plus you get a set of hands. The quality is ok, a bit hit & miss - he seems to have a problem with ink... LOL.

Your dial is possibly salvageable - put up a pic so we can see.

I contacted rafflestime, as well as Helenarou about either a red or white, and I didn't see any Tiffany ones on eBay, I'll try looking again. I'll see what they have to offer, although you say Raffles aren't size correct. I may end up just going Yuki, i'll see.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks for the replies fellas.

I contacted rafflestime, as well as Helenarou about either a red or white, and I didn't see any Tiffany ones on eBay, I'll try looking again. I'll see what they have to offer, although you say Raffles aren't size correct. I may end up just going Yuki, i'll see.

If you specifically want Tiffany you best set up a search on Ebay - although they don't come up often and usually at auction- they'll be refinished dials obviously

This guy here has sold 4 Tiffany dials this year - follow him on Ebay so you can catch the next one !

http://www.ebay.com/usr/watchparts-kane19?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I just got a 1680 red sub dial from watchparts-kane on the bay for a little over $100. I think it's a good copy of the MKIV red sub dial. Like tripdog says, you just have to keep following him and sooner or later you'll get a good deal

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
So I just heard from Helenarou, and they sent me a picture of a dial their working on.

Here it is, what do you guys think?

x54ci.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
So I just heard from Helenarou, and they sent me a picture of a dial their working on.

Here it is, what do you guys think?

x54ci.jpg

I think you misspelled "they're"

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
actually the coronet looks off to me

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Tonywatces on Instagram and eBay. Some guys have been using his!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Well quality is often directly linked to price - how much does it cost ?. It will never pass for gen, thats for sure - coronet and Rolex font are from a different production period, and look to be badly printed. "submariner" doesn't appear straight but that may be camera angle - printing looks fuzzy, woolly.
I don't really like it - Yuki is slightly better for about $130 - if the Helenarou dial is less money that changes things, if it's more than Yuki I wouldn't touch it.
Diameter also is important - it must be 26.5mm or all proportions are thrown off.

B on "submariner" looks like shit...