• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date sits too low!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Is this low date correctable?

IMG_3460.jpg

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

ProDivers

Renowned Member
22/9/12
EU
you will need to remove the case from the movement, remove the dial and hands. remove the DWO and re aligne it by gluing it on the date wheel... while you are doing that i suggest you to get a TC v4 DWO with raised print and correct font numerals numbers. you will get something decent

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
A gen crystal would make the newly aligned date wheel look even better too.

Zulu44gmt

3/7/15
I would add use a couple of dial dots instead of glue, split two dots in half, for four contact points. Less messy then glue, too much glue can overflow and bind up the DW teeth.

shockme66

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/07
I have had this issue with one my watches as well; it really grates at me overtime I look at it. ugg....

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
you will need to remove the case from the movement, remove the dial and hands. remove the DWO and re aligne it by gluing it on the date wheel... while you are doing that i suggest you to get a TC v4 DWO with raised print and correct font numerals numbers. you will get something decent

Easy peezy lemon squezy.

Erik.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
I would add use a couple of dial dots instead of glue, split two dots in half, for four contact points. Less messy then glue, too much glue can overflow and bind up the DW teeth.
I might try that next time. I have always used glue, just need to be careful. The dial stickers will add a very small amount of thickness, which could cause the wheel to jam against the dial.