• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Continuation of my modded MBW: now with gen crown/tube

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
So we're always asked who's has the best sub....which rolex is closest to the gen...which dealer sells the 'perfect' sub...what's a noobmariner or I should I say the Pugmariner...what's a MBW etc...

In the end, the majority of the population won't be able to tell if you're wearing a rep...unless of course you live in NYC, where we assume all Subs are fakes!

I think by now we can put the argument to rest. For the price point, the subs that come from the noob factory are the best out of box. Amazing frontal look. Nice rehaut depth(a tad short of gen)...great rehaut thickness. Near perfect dial/hands/dw
You can wear it straight out of box with confidence. If you want to get that much closer the following are musts.

1. new insert, gen of course is perfect, but a great alternative is the jewelryoutlet insert for $15 shipped. mill the back so it sits recessed in the bezel. This small detail adds so much to the overall look of your sub

2. New pearl. Watchmaterial pearl is good for $31 shipped.

3. Trim the CGs

All the above has been discussed before and you can find the details of these mods in BK's Garage.

BK will begin rolling out modded handpick noobs that will look absolutely amazing I'm sure. The guy has an amazing eye and is an artist. If you get a chance to pick one up I strongly recommend you do. And for the budget conscious he's got a A21j version that you cannot beat!!

I've had a handful of these and I decided to give the modern MBW a try. There is something very substantial feeling about the MBW...not sure how to explain it...maybe its psychological...maybe because it has solid links the weight is messing with my mind...whatever it is one thing that I love about it is the bezel. Thicker than the noob...love the way it rotates and clicks. Now the noob's bezel has a great look to it don't get me wrong...I just prefer the look of the MBW's bezel. I also love the deeper rehaut (slightly deeper than a gen)

So my MBW underwent some surgery. Replaced parts with noob dial/hands/date overlay. Pearl done, cgs done, bezel insert recessed in bezel.

So another mod that can be done is to install a gen crown/tube. On most sub reps the crown is oversized/undersized/teeth cuts not sharp. The feeling of a gen crown/tube is an absolute joy!

rg1jj0.jpg

rg2ed2.jpg

rg3qr4.jpg

rg4bu8.jpg

rg5lm6.jpg

rg6bh3.jpg

wristcrownhm8.jpg

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Looks great. Makes me regret a bit more of selling of my MBW moded with gen and noob parts.

D

d4m.test

Looks really great with the gen crown+tube.

-bk