• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Want to order a BK DSSD V2 BUT!!

greekgod

Renowned Member
3/5/11
So guys I hear that BK himself does not swap the old movement for a swiss movement. He just makes sure that the Noob fac sends you the correct thing.

Is this right? If so whats the main purpose from buying from him?

Also Can I get any other mods done? Like thickining the OGEV letters etc from BK or someone else?

Also any word of the finish of the dial? Matt or Glossy?

I will be going the Franken way (dial, hands, xtal) hopefully on this one so any input if the Gen parts would just fit?

Thx

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Gen parts fit. The hardest to make fit is the ceramic bezel (and retaining ring.) I believe it needs to be sanded down or adjusted a bit. But it can be made to, and will, work! ;)
Have fun!

D

d4m.test

Hi, I would just get it from Intime and take a careful look at qc if everything is well aligned. Than use the savings for the gen or aftermarket xtal if You want to do that.
The gen dial feet will not be compatible so You will have to tear them off and glue to the movement, hands will not fit. The alternative would be a Yuki movement but I think that would not fit the caseset.
I´d get it waterproofed and wear it otb until it was time for a service. Maybe than do some change (or not).

read with care, I did not try it,

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I hate gluing dials to movements. That is a one time situation that can't be undone easily. Does TC sell DSSD? I'm looking at the SD4000 and thinking of going with Noob and being happy with the watch out of the box. Maybe getting a negative DWO and that's it unless I really want an EZ glide clasp. Sead had some thoughts. BP if I wanted to franken the watch or Noob if I like the ceramic bezel. I'm leaning towards the Noob.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

darkelfx

Known Member
11/9/15
I hate gluing dials to movements. That is a one time situation that can't be undone easily. Does TC sell DSSD? I'm looking at the SD4000 and thinking of going with Noob and being happy with the watch out of the box. Maybe getting a negative DWO and that's it unless I really want an EZ glide clasp. Sead had some thoughts. BP if I wanted to franken the watch or Noob if I like the ceramic bezel. I'm leaning towards the Noob.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

Check out TC's blog. I don't believe he sells the DSSD, only the YM and Sub.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Im not sure if the other dealers actually get new ETAs in their watches.
BK has always been in tight with NOOB

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I'm going to check out TCs blog. The negative DWO will be for a new Noob SD4000. Thanks. Just trying to straighten out my Tissot sales thread. I accidentally posted in reps and trying to get a gen thread going while mobile. Yikes, the horrors of smart phones.

vapplebomb

13/6/14
Canada
2015 BK DSSD (aka V2) has different spec from gen. Gen bezel/insert does not fit...I have one (2015/V2 version) intended for franked and sent to my modder and he confirmed that it doesn't fit. Get bezel/insert only fits for 2014 BK DSSD (do we call them V1??).

Also the gen dial is definitely glossy! There are 3 versions of DSSD dials out there. I have all of them, and none of them is matt. It turns satin at some angles under the light though. Usually it is easier to see under direct sunlight.

Photo%202015-07-25%2010%2043%2009%20PM_zpsyaa14sg5.jpg

73ED5994-53B6-44BC-8DDA-6A9004ADDBCE_zpsdd7wlewj.jpg

Photo%202015-07-28%202%2001%2038%20PM_zpsif5evsmf.jpg