• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Thank you sir, much appreciated! It was an AD purchase - I made the mistake or registering my interest couple weeks ago then one came in...:cryingbadly:

What do you mean mistake? Like you weren't quite ready to buy it yet and assumed it would be a longer wait? Did it sell at full retail? Totally curious about how these things go these days. All my gens are grey market. Also all steel pieces. Well besides the dj41 with WG bezel. Lol.

Reactions: Fontaine

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
What do you mean mistake? Like you weren't quite ready to buy it yet and assumed it would be a longer wait? Did it sell at full retail? Totally curious about how these things go these days. All my gens are grey market. Also all steel pieces. Well besides the dj41 with WG bezel. Lol.

You got it in one - I didn't think it would come up so quickly! :yes:

The AD didn't even put it on display, they just emailed giving me a heads up. I paid full retail but that's actually the cheapest price I can find it for (particularly in the UK); according to the valuations/sale prices on Chrono24 I'll not lose a penny on it as the average price for a 126655 on there is currently about 8% above retail...

The main reason I could justify buying it was because I was able to sell my 116622 (rhodium dial/steel case) back to the guy I bought it from that same day so I effectively paid 50% instead of the 'full whack' on the 126655.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
You got it in one - I didn't think it would come up so quickly! :yes:

The AD didn't even put it on display, they just emailed giving me a heads up. I paid full retail but that's actually the cheapest price I can find it for (particularly in the UK); according to the valuations/sale prices on Chrono24 I'll not lose a penny on it as the average price for a 126655 on there is currently about 8% above retail...

The main reason I could justify buying it was because I was able to sell my 116622 (rhodium dial/steel case) back to the guy I bought it from that same day so I effectively paid 50% instead of the 'full whack' on the 126655.

Totally understandable. Do you feel it's a worthy upgrade? I love Rolex sunburst dials and generally would choose that option over non sunburst dial, however I *love* the kind of matte textured dial on this one. I think this is one of the most versatile pieces in terms of being able to be dressed up or down.

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Totally understandable. Do you feel it's a worthy upgrade? I love Rolex sunburst dials and generally would choose that option over non sunburst dial, however I *love* the kind of matte textured dial on this one. I think this is one of the most versatile pieces in terms of being able to be dressed up or down.

Having lived with it for a couple days now I'd say that yes, it is indeed a worthy upgrade - I always wanted an 116655 from the first day I saw one but back then I simply couldn't afford it so the 116622 was my second pick after it. Obviously the main difference is between the two is the weight - you definitely feel it and I can only imagine what wearing the original 16628 Yachtmaster must be like!

Thing is, I've always been wary of gold watches generally as I'm a) not a fan of overly loud pieces at all and b) don't like the connotations associated with someone who looks like me wearing such pieces - I'm not a rapper, sportsman nor a drug dealer...:laugh:

That being said, I've always felt this watch is relatively subtle as gold watches go; there's more black in the dial, bracelet and bezel (I really like the matte and polished contrast of the markers) than gold on display so I feel the balance really works well, plus Everose isn't quite as 'shouty' as yellow gold to my eyes. I agree that it's an extremely versatile piece that pretty much works in every situation, either dressed up or down.

And now, the quest begins for the New Grail! :bless:

Last edited:

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
Hi, I’ve just received my Noob 116622, overall I’m very happy with it however there is a minor detail I noticed which wasn’t visible in the QC photos. The crown does not line up with the 12 marker on the dial correctly, as you can see in the photo I’ve taken it is slightly off centre. Does anyone know if this is easily fixable as I would like to give it a go myself. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance

elzac

Known Member
7/12/10
Just got my VS 42mm

Z51Anb

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi, I’ve just received my Noob 116622, overall I’m very happy with it however there is a minor detail I noticed which wasn’t visible in the QC photos. The crown does not line up with the 12 marker on the dial correctly, as you can see in the photo I’ve taken it is slightly off centre. Does anyone know if this is easily fixable as I would like to give it a go myself. Any advice would be great, thanks in advance

You can rotate the dial slightly to align the crown with the marker, however, this will change the alignment of the date/cyclops. How does the date/cyclops alignment look now? If the date/cyclops is good now then moving the dial will change that and the crystal will need to be removed and repressed too. The date/cyclops alignment is more noticeable than the crown/marker.

Remember, gens sometimes have this rehaut engraving alignment flaw too.

To rotate the dial you have to remove caseback and loosen a few screws, not a hard job but many would shy away from it. Im sure theres a more intricate instruction post somewhere on the forum with pictures etc.

Reactions: Mark1986

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
You can rotate the dial slightly to align the crown with the marker, however, this will change the alignment of the date/cyclops. How does the date/cyclops alignment look now? If the date/cyclops is good now then moving the dial will change that and the crystal will need to be removed and repressed too. The date/cyclops alignment is more noticeable than the crown/marker.

Remember, gens sometimes have this rehaut engraving alignment flaw too.

To rotate the dial you have to remove caseback and loosen a few screws, not a hard job but many would shy away from it. Im sure theres a more intricate instruction post somewhere on the forum with pictures etc.

The date/cyclops looks pretty spot on to be fair. I might have a crack at it and see what it looks like, could always move it back if it doesn't sit right. Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated!! Cheers

Reactions: Mathisbou155

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
The date/cyclops looks pretty spot on to be fair. I might have a crack at it and see what it looks like, could always move it back if it doesn't sit right. Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated!! Cheers

I think there are a couple of screws that hold the dial in place but I would advise to find an instructional thread on it before you undertake the job ... Ive never done it, I am going by memory of reading from here.

Here mate.... https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7774888-rehaut-alignment-fix
Note KJ2020s comments.

Last edited:

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
I think there are a couple of screws that hold the dial in place but I would advise to find an instructional thread on it before you undertake the job ... Ive never done it, I am going by memory of reading from here.

Here mate.... https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-alignment-fix
Note KJ2020s comments.

Excellent, much appreciated mate! I've been watching a few videos on YouTube as well, as I don't want to dive straight in there. Once I've had a go at it I'll let you know how i got on, cheers!!

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Excellent, much appreciated mate! I've been watching a few videos on YouTube as well, as I don't want to dive straight in there. Once I've had a go at it I'll let you know how i got on, cheers!!

I just noticed that KJ2020 posted a reply into the other thread where you posted about rehaut alignment, have a look there before you do anything!! (He said there isn't enough play to center it!).

Last edited:

Mark1986

Horology Curious
24/7/20
I just noticed that KJ2020 posted a reply into the other thread where you posted about rehaut alignment, have a look there before you do anything!! (He said there isn't enough play to center it!).
Just seen his post, looks like I'm best off leaving it as it is