• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
whats the current best clone for YM? Since the noob debacle with their 904L being actually 316L steel. are ARF real 904L and is the vs3135 coming to a YM near us anytime soon?

depends on your preferences.
try to read into the thread, ARF vs. Noob was addressed several times on the previous pages

I wouldn’t expect to see a YM with VS3135 anytime soon, but you could buy one and swap it in

Drepoch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/20
depends on your preferences.
try to read into the thread, ARF vs. Noob was addressed several times on the previous pages

I wouldn’t expect to see a YM with VS3135 anytime soon, but you could buy one and swap it in

yeah, I've been going back now for an hour or so, ARF seems to be a favorite with maybe a second hand swap. do we know if any of these are confirmed 904L steel or just that noob definitely isn't?

edmart9968

15/3/12
US
I just pulled the trigger on a BP Rhodium. For the price I don’t think it can be beat. When I get it a Tomrep mod. Thoughts? Thank you !!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Pippo9

17/11/16
I just pulled the trigger on a BP Rhodium. For the price I don’t think it can be beat. When I get it a Tomrep mod. Thoughts? Thank you !!

Which movement did you go for? I'd be very interested to see what you think when you've got it. Pretty sure my next rep will be the Rhodium YM. There's lots of info about ARF vs Noob out there, but not much on some of the other factories. Some of them (like BP) are available for a really good price too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

edmart9968

15/3/12
US
I got the SA3135 movement. I know the ARF with a Tomrep mod is the best version. But at the price is the BP ok????

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
b2e2c07849822356fd72f07aa80fc738.jpg

Noob yuki 3135 arf band and Tomrep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm waiting on a Noob a2824 rhodium from Trusty Andrew, it's in the post.. did I buy the right one? He recommended it as being the best YM.. also, down the line can I fit a 3135 inside a 2824 case?

So this arrived today! Very pleased with it to say the least. I think it 'feels' very close to genuine and certainly has the best feel to it out of any rep I have ever had. This is a Noob 2842. Pictured next to my wifes ARF 37mm that we got recently too. The ARF also feels very good but loses points for a loose bezel. The finish of the Noob is really great, can't fault it. Clasp is lovely too. Being used to wearing (top heavy) Submariners this feels very comfortable on the wrist. It's bling compared to the Subs to. I'm very pleased, thanks Trusty Andrew for a great watch!

Now, where's this Tomrep bezel I need to get, can someone advise?

Some pics below! Thanks for looking.
Z2adnQ.jpg
Z2akuL.jpg
Z2aXhS.jpg

Last edited:

Esprit007

Patron
Certified
8/11/15
CONUS
Do you like it ?
I was going for Noob, but now maybe VRF ?

I love my VRF! I had read about the Noob plating wearing off, and the VRF looked right to me, so I picked it up and haven't looked back. I wear it in rotation about once every two weeks, but it's held up just fine.

Is that a big hairy gorilla wearing that? Man you hairy...

I'll take it as a compliment. Or, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MJsGk5o5k

Thanks, buddy :)​​​​​​​

Reactions: RonP

Pippo9

17/11/16
Anyone know if the Noob rhodium dial is available with A2836 movement?

The rhodium dial yachtmaster is the next rep I want. Puretime suggested the Noob is only available in SA3135, but I've seen the reviews about reliability issues on that movement (especially the stem).

A2836 have been great on a few of my reps so far - no issues. And I prefer it to the A2824 which doesnt have the instant date change at midnight.

Seems that the A2836 is being phased out in favour of the clone movements.

Pippo9

17/11/16
Out of interest, can anyone confirm if their Yachtmaster has the 5mm easylink extension on the clasp/bracelet? I think this is gen spec, but not sure if it is present on the reps.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Out of interest, can anyone confirm if their Yachtmaster has the 5mm easylink extension on the clasp/bracelet? I think this is gen spec, but not sure if it is present on the reps.

I had a cheapo DJ that had the 5mm Easylink so I would hope a YM from any reasonable factory would have. Good question to be sure though, I would have taken it for granted.