• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
interesting, looks a bit lighter than the one he made for me 6 weeks ago (but could be the light as well)

do you know if he managed to change back his electrolyte material? he told me that the one he used initially cannot be sourced any longer, therefore the new one makes the bezel look more stealth/darker in certain lightings..

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
interesting, looks a bit lighter than the one he made for me 6 weeks ago (but could be the light as well)

do you know if he managed to change back his electrolyte material? he told me that the one he used initially cannot be sourced any longer, therefore the new one makes the bezel look more stealth/darker in certain lightings..

As you know - The sandblasted platinum paint shine/color is very dependent and sensitive to lighting conditions. Depending on light, it goes from a dark shade (almost seems like nothing is present) to very sand sparkle like shine in bright light. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that his new electrolyte is a shade darker. Also keep in mind, gen platinum puts on a patina with time and metal does look a bit darker.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
As you know - The sandblasted platinum paint shine/color is very dependent and sensitive to lighting conditions. Depending on light, it goes from a dark shade (almost seems like nothing is present) to very sand sparkle like shine in bright light. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that his new electrolyte is a shade darker. Also keep in mind, gen platinum puts on a patina with time and metal does look a bit darker.

yes I know, it’s not a problem at all, I actually prefer it being a bit darker as it separates case and bezel a bit better..
on the picture the bezel just looked that tad brighter than I’ve seen mine so far, so I was wondering if he managed to source his old electrolyte again

srhoque

28/11/18
yes I know, it’s not a problem at all, I actually prefer it being a bit darker as it separates case and bezel a bit better..
on the picture the bezel just looked that tad brighter than I’ve seen mine so far, so I was wondering if he managed to source his old electrolyte again

Personally, I like it darker too just like the gen. The shade Tom used on mine is a bit too light.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
3747bbcbf2caeb8c381e8821dbe67979.plist

Reactions: srhoque

Mrpong

15/9/19
arf 904l with tomrep bezel & bracelet mod. Did you noticed the protective film on the polished midlinks? :D

Oh I think Noob's grey dial is better but ARF's grey is good as well.
But what is the bracelet mod? I thought we have only Tomrep mod and Prof crystal mod.

Reactions: KJ2020

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
6d15cdd26a1977c84cd889a811c3a402.jpg

my different twins right noob 316 steel crystal by prof and tomrep mod left arf 904 steel about to have the tomrep mod

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

PhilippPzy

Supporter
Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Oh I think Noob's grey dial is better but ARF's grey is good as well.
But what is the bracelet mod? I thought we have only Tomrep mod and Prof crystal mod.

includes case polishing and rebrushing of the bracelet like gen.

Reactions: KJ2020

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Marco1937 the main difference you're looking at is the difference in steel... 904l vs 316f. Some people swear there is a difference, and maybe there is. But anyone I have talked to that works with metals (which has only been two people honestly) has said it's a total gimmick.

I nonetheless take some small satisfaction in knowing it's the "same" steel that Rolex uses. I say "same" because it's a lower quality and there is a lot more that goes into it besides simply the "type" of steel.

Regardless, the 316f is likely discontinued, so you may not be able to get it. Or there may be some leftover stock. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Also be aware that the SA3135 has been a problematic movement for quite a few people, while some have had perfectly fine experiences.

Reactions: srhoque