• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thanks mate.

The whole crystal is 2AR so it’s looks like there’s no crystal - can see the whole dial clearly.

I’ve got a gen crystal for it too - just prefer this look.

I command you to put the gen xtal on this thing of beauty!! Just kidding!! Enjoy it the way you like it :D

When I first saw the picture, I was wowed by the clarity of your crystal. Well now I know why:confused:

On a seperate note: I have an AP with Prof 2xAR. The glass has many scratches on the outside because of the coating bumping against surfaces. Does yours do the same?

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
1416d5d84a9ed2a93df09580b2a0b345.jpg

6fe8d924bd9c7836a5bd20b05b4cf24c.jpg

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
Sorry, Guys!

Lots of double post by Tapatalk’s error.

Really sorry for that.

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Sorry, Guys!

Lots of double post by Tapatalk’s error.

Really sorry for that.

tapatalk sometimes feels like it’s the AI that is talking to another AI which then goes on and destroys the world

@shylockeins
very nice pics!
the blue dial is growing on me, always vouched for the rhodium one so far, but could see myself getting into that next

Reactions: Shylock Eins

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
tapatalk sometimes feels like it’s the AI that is talking to another AI which then goes on and destroys the world

@shylockeins
very nice pics!
the blue dial is growing on me, always vouched for the rhodium one so far, but could see myself getting into that next

Thanks, bro thediesel17 . You won't regret.

Cheers,

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I use Gen crown from an aesthetics and reliability perspective. The finish of the grooves, shine and looks of the coronet is better on the gen. Since I service all my movement right away and use gen parts for the entire autowind, I don’t have much experience with rep crown and how winding feels with rep crown.

Ok makes sense. The crown is one of those things that I've been going back and forth on for my upcoming frankens. I suppose I'll budget a little extra now.

Would you (or anyone else?) happen to know if a vr3135 will fit into a 2824 case? I know this is not normally possible, but I've read that the yachtmaster case is an exception to that.

Edit: and anyone know if ARF bracelet will fit noob case?

Doing some searches and can't seem to find an answer so far.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
Ok makes sense. The crown is one of those things that I've been going back and forth on for my upcoming frankens. I suppose I'll budget a little extra now.

Would you (or anyone else?) happen to know if a vr3135 will fit into a 2824 case? I know this is not normally possible, but I've read that the yachtmaster case is an exception to that.

Edit: and anyone know if ARF bracelet will fit noob case?

Doing some searches and can't seem to find an answer so far.

Ootb, VR3135 will not fit 2824 since the dimensions are different. That said, maybe watch makers can do mods to fit them.

Regarding bracelet, ARF fitting a Noob case is a hit or a miss. The Noob SELs (specially the new 904L) is almost perfect. In my franken, I have the Noob bracelet but ARF clasp.

Note: I just bought the oyster bracelet adjustment tool. Currently playing around with it - trying to use the Noob SELs along with the rest of the bracelet being ARF. Will share results later.

Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Ootb, VR3135 will not fit 2824 since the dimensions are different. That said, maybe watch makers can do mods to fit them.

Regarding bracelet, ARF fitting a Noob case is a hit or a miss. The Noob SELs (specially the new 904L) is almost perfect. In my franken, I have the Noob bracelet but ARF clasp.

Note: I just bought the oyster bracelet adjustment tool. Currently playing around with it - trying to use the Noob SELs along with the rest of the bracelet being ARF. Will share results later.

I was reading "the big yachtmaster review" by Zocker on Rep Geek, and he stated that the case could fit a 3135... but I had still assumed some modding would need to be done. Also, that was 3 years ago so who knows if that is even applicable anymore. Nonetheless, I did find out the ARF bezel and insert are one piece now, according to Tomrep, so fitting a Noob insert wont work.

If possible, I'm going to use my Noob as a base for a franken, because I have use for the swiss ETA elsewhere, and it's already got the tomrep mod. I can sell the prof xtal fairly easily. And then I'll just cross my fingers that the ARF bracelet fits.

If the case can't accept a VR3135, then I'm just going ARF and dealing with the bezel font. I don't see too much difference in case quality between Noob and ARF on pictures...

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
If the case can't accept a VR3135, then I'm just going ARF and dealing with the bezel font. I don't see too much difference in case quality between Noob and ARF on pictures...

Noob rehaut engravings and case shape/shine is exceptional. Plus the SELs are almost perfect. No experience with ARF except for bracelet. Good luck with your project, post some pics!!

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
I was reading "the big yachtmaster review" by Zocker on Rep Geek, and he stated that the case could fit a 3135... but I had still assumed some modding would need to be done. Also, that was 3 years ago so who knows if that is even applicable anymore. Nonetheless, I did find out the ARF bezel and insert are one piece now, according to Tomrep, so fitting a Noob insert wont work.

If possible, I'm going to use my Noob as a base for a franken, because I have use for the swiss ETA elsewhere, and it's already got the tomrep mod. I can sell the prof xtal fairly easily. And then I'll just cross my fingers that the ARF bracelet fits.

There’s no comparison between the Noob and the ARF case. I had both cases.

Noob rehaut engraving, case engraving, lug shape, bezel scallops are miles ahead of ARF. The Noob insert also has way better numbers than the ARF - compare the zeros on the Noob insert and the ARF insert to a gen insert.

IMO the best build needs a Noob case, no question. The only issue is that the bezel turns easily, compared to ARF which has a better click. The rest - Noob wins.

I’ve fitted an ARF bracelet to my Noob case - I used the Noob springbars, not the ARF. Looks pretty good. I will post up pics of the SELs once I get home.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
There’s no comparison between the Noob and the ARF case. I had both cases.

Noob rehaut engraving, case engraving, lug shape, bezel scallops are miles ahead of ARF. The Noob insert also has way better numbers than the ARF - compare the zeros on the Noob insert and the ARF insert to a gen insert.

IMO the best build needs a Noob case, no question. The only issue is that the bezel turns easily, compared to ARF which has a better click. The rest - Noob wins.

I’ve fitted an ARF bracelet to my Noob case - I used the Noob springbars, not the ARF. Looks pretty good. I will post up pics of the SELs once I get home.

Appreciate the feedback. Well, I certainly hope my 2824 case can accept a vr3135!

Do you know if anything be done to improve the bezel rotation?

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Appreciate the feedback. Well, I certainly hope my 2824 case can accept a vr3135!

Do you know if anything be done to improve the bezel rotation?

Even if you got the case to accept the VR movement, you’d need a 3135 dial. The 2824 dial has the datewindow cut slightly differently to account for the 2824 datewheel placement below (the placement is different for a 3135 datewheel). So the VR datewheel will not be perfectly centered with a 2824 dial (or vice-versa).

My Noob had the SA3135, so it was a straight for the Yuki. I will shortly be upgrading the Yuki to a VR3135 with gen rotor assembly, as I’ve already got the parts.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Even if you got the case to accept the VR movement, you’d need a 3135 dial. The 2824 dial has the datewindow cut slightly differently to account for the 2824 datewheel placement below (the placement is different for a 3135 datewheel). So the VR datewheel will not be perfectly centered with a 2824 dial (or vice-versa).

My Noob had the SA3135, so it was a straight for the Yuki. I will shortly be upgrading the Yuki to a VR3135 with gen rotor assembly, as I’ve already got the parts.

I have gen blue dial and gen hands and gen datewheel. Crystal is being sourced for me :) I actually was going to buy a gen bezel assembly but it was too worn for it too even make sense.

I suppose I should start looking into the parts to upgrade the VR3135. My understanding is nothing is necessary like it is for the SH. But might be a good idea anyways.

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
fc3c4069090e09b7a8f40bd2355d149d.jpg

6271ac11bbe873bf248a96a5f81bef29.jpg

ARF bracelet on the Noob case, with Noob springbars. SELs look pretty good.

109b5750a863b7139be3247e1e205542.jpg

Tiny gaps, not at all noticeable though, and there is no play in the end links.

Last edited:

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Then newest Tomrep mod is a abit too grey. I compare my older Tomrep mod from January 2019 with his from February 2019.

I asked TomRep about this and he basically said that the difference is the consequence of a change in electrolyte supply.
The new substance doesn't allow for the lighter tone, but he emphasized that it is only noticeable in darker environments, not under direct sunlight.

For me personally, I prefer the darker appearance as it gives the rhodium watch some distinction between bezel and dial, kinda stealthy looking