• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

G

So in typical British fashion despite being an amazing sunny day here in London yesterday, today is overcast and grey. Hopefully you can get a glimpse of how good the dial is on this thing.

Just to recap this is the 40mm from ARF. ChazingTime were the TD. Ordered on Wednesday, rejected the 1st QC on Thursday (wonky date / window). Accepted 2nd QC on Friday, on my wrist Monday afternoon. Astonishing speed from China to London, I was amazed.

Apologies for any smudge marks or fingerprints!

0fC5suB.jpg

tC2E0Ew.jpg

XOkx6Yj.jpg

pwweJXP.jpg

XlxwRLa.jpg

Spikedlee

23/5/10
My noob YM compared to a gen I tried on a few weeks ago.

DOlT9y4.jpg

I took the time to re-align the bezel insert to center, as well as re-aligned the dial so it was center with the reheat. I originally thought my reheat was just off, but it was definitely the dial that made it seem that way. Overall, this watch is superb. There are only subtle things I noticed are different from gen, like the lume marker on the seconds hand being too small on the rep, the ROLEX font being too wide, the YACHT-MASTER font being way too thing, and the font on the bezel being a little too close to the rim. Again, little things that nobody will tell from a distance. I did luck out with the date font being centered on this model. It would have been a bigger pain to try and fix that so I was okay with just having to deal with the centering issues.

Reactions: maxelmen

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
So in typical British fashion despite being an amazing sunny day here in London yesterday, today is overcast and grey. Hopefully you can get a glimpse of how good the dial is on this thing.

Just to recap this is the 40mm from ARF. ChazingTime were the TD. Ordered on Wednesday, rejected the 1st QC on Thursday (wonky date / window). Accepted 2nd QC on Friday, on my wrist Monday afternoon. Astonishing speed from China to London, I was amazed.

0fC5suB.jpg

tC2E0Ew.jpg

XOkx6Yj.jpg

pwweJXP.jpg

XlxwRLa.jpg

Is REP rose gold color same with the gen gold color?

Surgeonmd

21/1/17
Just to show how much toms updated insert mod is a must for any yms. Here is a pic of his older mod before i sent it back for an update. Really almost gen like.
256275b3fe85e71e40a68215bbff24d7.jpg
b81bb217e61a0b11ae9413afd7e0956f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanj08

8/5/16
Just to show how much toms updated insert mod is a must for any yms. Here is a pic of his older mod before i sent it back for an update. Really almost gen like.
256275b3fe85e71e40a68215bbff24d7.jpg
b81bb217e61a0b11ae9413afd7e0956f.jpg

Is that the Noob Platinum Dial ? Look amazing

I can’t seem to find many gen dials so may just go with the Noob platinum dial or the jf blue

Looks awesome mate

Sent from the RWI App

Surgeonmd

21/1/17
Is that the Noob Platinum Dial ? Look amazing

I can’t seem to find many gen dials so may just go with the Noob platinum dial or the jf blue

Looks awesome mate

Sent from the RWI App

Nope i believe thats a gen. pic came from tom showing the comparison of a gen insert with his mod. Mine says hi.:)
5e4fddb9ed0d57c49042305b7163f7d9.jpg

Patrick_Rolex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/5/17
When the arf dark rhodium 40mm comes out?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17

0fC5suB.jpg

tC2E0Ew.jpg

XOkx6Yj.jpg

pwweJXP.jpg

XlxwRLa.jpg

For how long do you have it and hows the gold holding? Its looking pretty sweet btw!

G

For how long do you have it and hows the gold holding? Its looking pretty sweet btw!
Only a little while. Gorgeous looking piece, I've had so many compliments already and only worn it twice. I wipe it down after use so there's no sweat or dirt to discolour it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

padorkous

Known Member
13/1/17
Only a little while. Gorgeous looking piece, I've had so many compliments already and only worn it twice. I wipe it down after use so there's no sweat or dirt to discolour it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

What version and have you franken it at all?

auskip07

18/9/14
My noob YM compared to a gen I tried on a few weeks ago.

DOlT9y4.jpg

I took the time to re-align the bezel insert to center, as well as re-aligned the dial so it was center with the reheat. I originally thought my reheat was just off, but it was definitely the dial that made it seem that way. Overall, this watch is superb. There are only subtle things I noticed are different from gen, like the lume marker on the seconds hand being too small on the rep, the ROLEX font being too wide, the YACHT-MASTER font being way too thing, and the font on the bezel being a little too close to the rim. Again, little things that nobody will tell from a distance. I did luck out with the date font being centered on this model. It would have been a bigger pain to try and fix that so I was okay with just having to deal with the centering issues.

pretty darn close! i just ordered the same Noob.

Patrick_Rolex

Banned
10/5/17
How good is the bezel of this Yachtmaster JF? A big difference between this and the genuine?
bd0c75570b1f8b376da61279b09dd0bc.jpg
6197edea5ada8222852f1182ef15a3c3.jpg

bubu77

Banned
4/4/16
EUROPE
Is it just me or have the latest Noobs 116622 silver Rolesium dial less sparkle? I had a 2015 YM Noob and the dial was sparkling. A friend of mine get last friday his new YM Rolesium and the dial is defintinetly not sparkling....What are your experiences???

GodlyAntonio

Horology Curious
26/4/18
I'm guilty of having two..

591138d28332a0588f81fb7e637533c6.jpg

c6400308401daf70afde2f5018932786.jpg

Blue dial is being repared atm

bought the belts to match the watches or vis versa, i must know haha (I know this will never be answered)