• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I think this is an Arf

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Mrpong

15/9/19
Had a chance to wear gen on my wirst today. What a feeling!
Look like I need crystal mod and bezel mod!!
wfMzo.jpg

Last edited:

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Hi everyone, I've gotten my QC pics from Jtime. I'd talked with Li about sourcing a YM with the VR3135 movement. Can anyone here spot cues that confirm this? I was under the understanding that the Noob had a SA3135, and I don't think this is that. But could it be a SH3135? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I think the painted teeth on that burgundy colored gear distinguishes it from the SA3135, but someone had mentioned that the VR3135 has a blue parachrome spring? Hadn't heard that before.

coqvfb7ygo351.jpg

5rgb9g7ygo351.jpg

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Hi everyone, I've gotten my QC pics from Jtime. I'd talked with Li about sourcing a YM with the VR3135 movement. Can anyone here spot cues that confirm this? I was under the understanding that the Noob had a SA3135, and I don't think this is that. But could it be a SH3135? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I think the painted teeth on that burgundy colored gear distinguishes it from the SA3135, but someone had mentioned that the VR3135 has a blue parachrome spring? Hadn't heard that before.

coqvfb7ygo351.jpg

5rgb9g7ygo351.jpg

can’t speak for the coloring, but due to the finishing I’d assume it’s a VR. also: the latest noob all come equipped with the VR3135

Reactions: shel504

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
:D
can’t speak for the coloring, but due to the finishing I’d assume it’s a VR. also: the latest noob all come equipped with the VR3135

It’s a VR. Reversing wheel uniformly full color, balance KIF spring is golden and arm is to the right (2 dots on arm). Hard to see color ofspring but seems parachrom blue to me. I would accept it. Can never go wrong with a Noob YM ;)

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
:D

It’s a VR. Reversing wheel uniformly full color, balance KIF spring is golden and arm is to the right (2 dots on arm). Hard to see color ofspring but seems parachrom blue to me. I would accept it. Can never go wrong with a Noob YM ;)

I'm looking forward to it, thank you!

srhoque

28/11/18
If any of you are interested...This is the new TomRep Premium mod, just received the pic of my completed Noob insert.

4iWrn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.JC and leo6929

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
If any of you are interested...This is the new TomRep Premium mod, just received the pic of my completed Noob insert.

4iWrn.jpg

It'd be interesting to see a picture before/after Tom's mod side by side in same light, on the arf bezel.
The top should be before/after/gen side by side
Maybe he's able to do it....

srhoque

28/11/18
It'd be interesting to see a picture before/after Tom's mod side by side in same light, on the arf bezel.
The top should be before/after/gen side by side
Maybe he's able to do it....

Maybe you can ask him directly...

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Yes, of course, I'll do whether I decide for the mod, because actually I am not convinced...
If I recognize well, you should have the first Tom s mod done. May I ask you if you tested its consistency in daily use?

Adam2326

Horology Curious
10/5/18
fe8e5880cd8c942fcc0d1a854a99e1b3.jpg

it’s an ARF with tomrep bezelmod and now also a swiss ETA movement
Have you compared the platinum to a Gen? It looks darker in this picture than Gen to me but maybe just the lighting? Jealous non the less, I use WhatsApp but cannot figure out how to initiate the chat with TomRep I guess because I've never gotten a response from him...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Have you compared the platinum to a Gen? It looks darker in this picture than Gen to me but maybe just the lighting? Jealous non the less, I use WhatsApp but cannot figure out how to initiate the chat with TomRep I guess because I've never gotten a response from him...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

it indeed has a slightly darker tone, but I have seen gens darker than that due to wear.. so don’t worry too much about that

apart from that, it really depends on the light
1ada60aff2f32d2fae9d1c612dbb95f3.jpg

Reactions: Mr.JC

srhoque

28/11/18
Yes, of course, I'll do whether I decide for the mod, because actually I am not convinced...
If I recognize well, you should have the first Tom s mod done. May I ask you if you tested its consistency in daily use?

Even I am not convinced here...still believe this premium Mod is tad lighter than gen Platinum (which becomes "darker' with Patina over time). I prefer the insert to be a bit darker.Tom did another bezel for me in early April which was exactly the same as this one but didn't call it the premium. Also, this whole bezel mod color is more pronounced with the Platinum dial 9so that they can match colors)...For Blue/Rhodium dials, either of his mods (standard or premium) will be fine.

Regarding daily use, my first Tomrep insert is about 12 months old. Has been holding well so far, but watch is worn infrequently in rotation with others.

Phradge

Horology Curious
2/5/20
Here is a shot of my new ARF For a comparison. No mods.
Apologies picture didn’t attach - see next post

Last edited: