• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
thank you guys. i took the arf.

but i'm concerned about the date. is it too far on the left?

MtukN3v.jpg

more qc pics and my gen submariner for comparison:

https://imgur.com/a/huqLmgr

Are u sure it’s an Arf?
I think it is a noob version!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
i ordered an arf, not sure if they messed it up maybe?

I don't know what to say and think
it seems to me a noob or at least not an arf
maybe there was an update and we don't know!

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Follow up.

I took my bezel out and cleaned all the dirt and glue residue. Not knowing how the bezel assembly was supposed to be I did a bit of reasearch. Fortunately we have rep forums cause I could not find much on gen ones.
According to this awesome review https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/293511-big-rolex-yachtmaster-review-6-digit the assembly is same as per gen, I found a similar info and a nice sketch also over at rwg https://www.repgeek.com/rolex/268544-noob-116622-yachtmaster-pt-3.html.

Here my pics
VtPQxI.jpg

VtPC73.jpg

VtPcZo.jpg

I expected the retainer ring to have 120 hollows in order to have 120 clicks, but it only has 40. So in order to make 120 clicks with only 40 dents the three "teeth" of the click ring should not all be in the hollows contemporarily but only one at a time. Every bezel turn of a half of a minute, a different tooth should get into a hollow making the click. Well in my bezel they probably were doing it at the same time since it only made 40 clicks.
So now I have a question for the experts. How can I fix this issue? I thought I could reshape the click ring a bit but since it goes into the bezel it shouldn't make any difference as it is always going to sit in the three holes. Might it have been just glue residue or dirt that made it difficult for the bezel to turn? Or is it something else?

I also removed the bezel insert because I thought I could align it better. When I want to put it back is it better to fit the bezel on the watch first, right? otherwise how would I know it will be correctly aligned?
last question is it fine to use loctite to glue the insert or is it better to use another glue or double sided tape? https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6735015-116622-yachtmaster-bezel-install-help
here the tape is suggested but I can't find the adhesive ring for bezel insert from a european seller and can't wait three or more weeks to get them form the US.

thanks and sorry for all the questions but although I have been here for two years I haven't really done any work on a watch other then resizing or changing bracelets/straps

any expert can help me out with the bezel problem?

BWI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/20
DK
Hi,

Anyone who has seen / tried this new model from ARF?
Yacht-Master 116655 ARF SS Custom Made Black Ceramic Bezel on Oysterflex Rubber Strap A2824

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
Hi,

Anyone who has seen / tried this new model from ARF?
Yacht-Master 116655 ARF SS Custom Made Black Ceramic Bezel on Oysterflex Rubber Strap A2824

you can search RWI for more info on that, but from what I can say: it’s a solid build, but based on fantasy. So if you can live with that, it’s a very good watch, if not, you won’t be happy with it

Adam2326

Horology Curious
10/5/18
Has anyone spoke with Tomrep or Spongebob recently about their bezel mod? I have the noob version of this YM and can't get in touch with either of them to have the bezel done...

If this post isn't allowed here please remove, but I figured this was the right bunch to ask!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Has anyone spoke with Tomrep or Spongebob recently about their bezel mod? I have the noob version of this YM and can't get in touch with either of them to have the bezel done...

If this post isn't allowed here please remove, but I figured this was the right bunch to ask!

Communicated with Tom this morning via WhatsApp. He has been pretty responsive last 2 weeks.

BWI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/20
DK
you can search RWI for more info on that, but from what I can say: it’s a solid build, but based on fantasy. So if you can live with that, it’s a very good watch, if not, you won’t be happy with it

Thanks for the message. Know well there is review and search function, but this edition I can't find a reviwe on. The model appears to be released June 1st. Therefore, I ask if anyone has seen the clock.

Unfortunately, I also often found that a standard response to all questions is You can search on RWI ....
If you search on Yacht-Master 116655 ARF ore 116655 ARF, there are 3 And 4 post that link to my question.

Adam2326

Horology Curious
10/5/18
Communicated with Tom this morning via WhatsApp. He has been pretty responsive last 2 weeks.
I've been trying to message him on WhatsApp but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I've never used it prior to reaching out to him, but definently no response...does he have an email?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I've been trying to message him on WhatsApp but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I've never used it prior to reaching out to him, but definently no response...does he have an email?

He communicates via whatsapp only.

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
I'm soon to join the club, ARF blue, fresh off the line from TomRep (standard bezel mod, insert leveling mod...SEL mod pending):
kF2s1.jpg

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
but no it is not a problem, the noob is also excellent I am curious that you have been told that he is an arf maybe I'm wrong!