• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Gentleman,

I like to ask a question here because I'm a bit lost. I tried to find it myself without asking but I'm not a Roly guy so better I friendly ask the Roly experts here and I hope you guys are willing to help.

I ordered a Rolex rep for a friend. He's not so into surfing the web and when I told him about the forum, the NWBIG list and my new 'hobby' surfing the forum, he asked me help to order a Rolex rep for him. I showed him a few options (watches that are on the NWBIG list) and he chose the Basel World 2016 116622 Yachtmaster Men in Dark Rhodium Noob Factory Best Edition: http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&produc ts_id=15543

The TD did a stock check, and the makers said that it was in stock so I placed the order. After that, the TD checked every few days but the watch couldn't be delivered because it wasn't ready (?) Now, one month later, it's still not ready and the TD's advice is to change to another factory or send me the money back. This is what she told me:

"Noob still hasn't sorted out their issues after getting seized, some staff not working for them anymore, some parts lacking for the watches, all that stuff causing their problems. China recommends switching to ARF or GMF."

Although I know it's for some people not holy, I did some searching here on the forum and choose from the NWBIG list for my friend because he wanted something close to gen as possible. Now I want to ask you guys, what's the best decision to make here, should I go with ARF or GMF? Only the NOOB version is on the NWBIG list so I'm a bit lost.

Extra comments:
My friend wants to do the Tomrep bezel modification and a bracelet polish, we are also looking into a crystal replacement and he's thinking of the Prof crystal.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance!

Theres a new noob 904l version out today on puretime? Could be an option
https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-mast...l-gray-dial-blue-hand-on-bracelet-sa3135.html

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Gentleman,

I like to ask a question here because I'm a bit lost. I tried to find it myself without asking but I'm not a Roly guy so better I friendly ask the Roly experts here and I hope you guys are willing to help.

I ordered a Rolex rep for a friend. He's not so into surfing the web and when I told him about the forum, the NWBIG list and my new 'hobby' surfing the forum, he asked me help to order a Rolex rep for him. I showed him a few options (watches that are on the NWBIG list) and he chose the Basel World 2016 116622 Yachtmaster Men in Dark Rhodium Noob Factory Best Edition: http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&produc ts_id=15543

The TD did a stock check, and the makers said that it was in stock so I placed the order. After that, the TD checked every few days but the watch couldn't be delivered because it wasn't ready (?) Now, one month later, it's still not ready and the TD's advice is to change to another factory or send me the money back. This is what she told me:

"Noob still hasn't sorted out their issues after getting seized, some staff not working for them anymore, some parts lacking for the watches, all that stuff causing their problems. China recommends switching to ARF or GMF."

Although I know it's for some people not holy, I did some searching here on the forum and choose from the NWBIG list for my friend because he wanted something close to gen as possible. Now I want to ask you guys, what's the best decision to make here, should I go with ARF or GMF? Only the NOOB version is on the NWBIG list so I'm a bit lost.

Extra comments:
My friend wants to do the Tomrep bezel modification and a bracelet polish, we are also looking into a crystal replacement and he's thinking of the Prof crystal.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks in advance!

If a one month wait is a long time for you then wait till you get the bezel done. Tomrep must be very busy as he's had my daytona parts for over 3 months now with no sign of any progress :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
If a one month wait is a long time for you then wait till you get the bezel done. Tomrep must be very busy as he's had my daytona parts for over 3 months now with no sign of any progress :/

It's not about the wait, one or two, even three months is ok if the makers would tell us something but they don't give any information on if they still gonna make it or any estimation on how long it's gonna take while the money is already send to the dealer, because at first they said it was in stock.

If there is no alternative for this watch, we can choose another watch other then using the dealer as a bank to hold money.

Last edited:

ssouthall6

10/10/13
It's not about the wait, one or two, even three months is ok if the makers would tell us something but they don't give any information on if they still gonna make it or any estimation on how long it's gonna take while the money is already send to the dealer, because at first they said it was in stock.

If there is no alternative for this watch, we can choose another watch other then using the dealer as a bank to hold money.

Because they are mostly buying from wholesalers and the market changes all the time.

It's how it works, does it really matter if you have to wait that's my point...it's a watch, does it really matter?

I have 6 daytona builds on the go at the moment, in 6 months I've not worn one of them for one reason or another, they have all been sat with modders, and I don't hear from them for months on end...not great but this is illegal watches we are talking about

Reactions: KJ2020

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

I asked, today, for a turnover time from Tomrep once he gets my 116622 and he said 2 weeks max...

Berike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/2/19
Is there a post review comparing Yachmaster RG from Noob, ARF vs Gen? I remember seeing one but I can't find it again

Reactions: Nanga

therealbatman

Looking Around
12/7/19
I've been waiting for a Noob YM from a TD, they all send me shocking QC photos. Seen 3 watches so far, and the bezel gaps are huuge. Now i'm being told they cant get anymore ! What is going on with Noob!! Dont really want a jf or arf if there are tells and not as good as Noob!

P@t

Patron
9/6/19
Netherlands
Because they are mostly buying from wholesalers and the market changes all the time.

It's how it works, does it really matter if you have to wait that's my point...it's a watch, does it really matter?

I have 6 daytona builds on the go at the moment, in 6 months I've not worn one of them for one reason or another, they have all been sat with modders, and I don't hear from them for months on end...not great but this is illegal watches we are talking about

I see what you mean but if you have 6 Daytona's on the go atm and you didn't worn one of them the lasts months, you probably have more watches than the 6 Daytona's and it's more a hobby for you than for the purpose of wearing them.

My friend just wants to order the watch and receive and use it, all in a reasonable time. With a industry with such flashy websites and special offers and advertisements for the watch that he wants, I guess that should be possible. Anyway, with all the stories I heard and read lately, it's better to choose another model for now and leave the YM for what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikegemmill

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
02bc314ab2c373fb8196eafebd1e81f2.jpg

Reactions: Razorig2

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Hello gents! I am in the market for a Yachtmaster, I saw the grey dial and blue hands with the platinum/oystersteel case and fell in love. I have a couple questions, was hoping you guys could chime in.
116622 vs 268622- what is the difference? The watches look very similar to me. I thought it was size, and I'm looking for the smaller (37mm) but it would appear that they both come in this size.
Which factory currently has the most accurate rep, but with a reliable movement? I definately was a 2824/2824 clone. I have the GMT master II (GMF batman) now, and it has the 3186 movement. I am babying it, and it's been fine for me so far, but I'm anticipating it dying before it should, as it is a fickle movement, and parts or an entire movement to replace it with are nowhere to be found =(
Is the ARF datewheel any better than it used to be on this watch? The way I understood, noob made the best one. Followed by JF then maybe ARF. Any advice on which one I should pick? I don;t mind dropping an extra $100 to get a noob if it's hands down the best, and comes with a reliable movement- or at least one I can swap out with a relibale movement if it dies. I would totally be willing to grab a new ETA and drop it in this watch. I know this thread is old, and I apologize for digging it back up, but I haven't found any other *good* threads dedicated to the yachtmaster. Help a brother out, please. =)

Edit: research yeilded the answer to one of my questions. The 268622 is the 37mm variant. In noticing that my Batman is a 40mm size, and as far as I'm concerned fit's perfectly on my wrist (I can wear larger watches, but prefer the smaller size of my Batman). So the watch I am looking for, then, is the 116622. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanga and Lu44s