• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
Hey everyone,
I'm researching my next purchase of a Rolex Yachtmaster 126622 40mm Slate dial from VSF. It seems a few years ago the way to go with this watch was to have Tomrep mod the bezel among other items. Is that still the way to go for the 126622 from VSF or have the factories increased their quality to the point additional mods are not necessary?

Thanks!

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
Clean with new full AR gen crystal. Good enough for me

Hey,
I'm doing a bit of research. This Yachtmaster is the one my wife wants me to get. Can you share a little more about why you went with Clean over VSF? And did you go through a TD that did the gen crystal on it?

Also, it seems like a few years ago getting the yachtmaster bezel updated by "Tomrep" was the way to go. Is that still a necessary thing or have the factories improved their product to the point it's not necessary.

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
Just got my CF 126622, blown away by the quality of them, always been a vsf sub man. Only thing that I’m going to change is the crystal, tempted to get a gen DW and Crystal but heard that deep crystal are good cheaper alternative. Has anyone put a deep crystal in their 126622 ? Thanks all
hey,
I'm planning my Yachtmaster 126622 purchase. Why'd you choose Clean over VSF and what did you end up doing with the crystal? Thanks.

baudio

Horology Curious
19/1/24
Hi,
I'm buying a JVS Yachtmaster 226659 from Trustytime. This Yachtie is onsale and, from what I can tell, the specs are as good anything else.

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
Just got my CF 126622, blown away by the quality of them, always been a vsf sub man. Only thing that I’m going to change is the crystal, tempted to get a gen DW and Crystal but heard that deep crystal are good cheaper alternative. Has anyone put a deep crystal in their 126622 ? Thanks all
Did you end up doing the deep Crystal swap? I’m wondering the same. From what I read the VSF already have better crystals than Clean and most people do the crystal swap to eliminate the blue’ish hue. I am wondering if the blue’ish is an issue when it’s a grey or blue dial (and blue hands on grey).

EK69

Looking Around
19/9/23
Hello, I made a post on yacht master crystal swap guidance that didn't get much traction. Thought I'd post it here.

First time poster. I have had a CF Yachtmaster for about a year now. Looks fantastic but two weak points are the bezel rotation to be very tight and the stock crystal to reflect a crazy amount of light. Far more reflection than my VSF Seamaster (Currently at the watch smith for the chronic stripped stem tube R.I.P.)

Finally decided to swap the crystal to a DEEP. I have been planning my next purchase and was plotting to build a Franken Batman with a gen crystal etc. For the Batman, I found that due to the stock CF crystal thickness being more than gen, gasket being bigger & DW font being too thick, the date appears 3x mag, not 2.5. And to adjust for a gen crystal, a smaller gasket would be needed to achieve the right magnification.

For the Yachtmaster, the community is much smaller and I could not find much intel on whether stock gasket is ok or smaller was needed to achieve similar magnification. I found contradicting info. Gen vs CF . Here is Steve's comparison. CF is very similar magnification, just slightly larger, manageable. Use this as a base case.

Here are the sources for my confusion:
1. Date looks too big on this Deep swapped CF YM with what I assume is stock gasket: CF YM w/ Deep
Gen for reference: Gen on Chrono24
2. Asked David @Deep. He said Stock gasket will work
3. This RepTime post says to use a 2.3mm gasket in the last comment RepTime Opinion

Hunted RWI and RepTime for a few days and couldn't find a definitive answer. I hope this post is reflective of me doing my own research prior to posting. . My research is pointing me towards getting a 2.3mm gasket but it's a single data point telling me that so I am genuinely unsure. Therefore, I would very much appreciate help from those knowledgeable in the matter.

Thank you in advance.

robm39uk

Horology Curious
21/2/24
Hello, I made a post on yacht master crystal swap guidance that didn't get much traction. Thought I'd post it here.

First time poster. I have had a CF Yachtmaster for about a year now. Looks fantastic but two weak points are the bezel rotation to be very tight and the stock crystal to reflect a crazy amount of light. Far more reflection than my VSF Seamaster (Currently at the watch smith for the chronic stripped stem tube R.I.P.)

Finally decided to swap the crystal to a DEEP. I have been planning my next purchase and was plotting to build a Franken Batman with a gen crystal etc. For the Batman, I found that due to the stock CF crystal thickness being more than gen, gasket being bigger & DW font being too thick, the date appears 3x mag, not 2.5. And to adjust for a gen crystal, a smaller gasket would be needed to achieve the right magnification.

For the Yachtmaster, the community is much smaller and I could not find much intel on whether stock gasket is ok or smaller was needed to achieve similar magnification. I found contradicting info. Gen vs CF . Here is Steve's comparison. CF is very similar magnification, just slightly larger, manageable. Use this as a base case.

Here are the sources for my confusion:
1. Date looks too big on this Deep swapped CF YM with what I assume is stock gasket: CF YM w/ Deep
Gen for reference: Gen on Chrono24
2. Asked David @Deep. He said Stock gasket will work
3. This RepTime post says to use a 2.3mm gasket in the last comment RepTime Opinion

Hunted RWI and RepTime for a few days and couldn't find a definitive answer. I hope this post is reflective of me doing my own research prior to posting. . My research is pointing me towards getting a 2.3mm gasket but it's a single data point telling me that so I am genuinely unsure. Therefore, I would very much appreciate help from those knowledgeable in the matter.

Thank you in advance.
Don't get deep. It doesn't look right on the watch compared to gen. The deep is alot thicker and doesn't have curved edges. I'm getting the gen on mine.

Reactions: Brooksy1

Brooksy1

Supporter
Certified
13/2/12
Hey guys, Im liking these Yacht masters more and more and might pull the trigger on a VSF rose gold.

Q. Is it worth paying extra for the 3235 moevement over the 3135?
Any pros/cons form people that've owned them?
Thanks