• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
beautiful,noob or arf?

Thank you!
It‘s a Noob with gen crystal and Swiss ETA 2824.

To the YM pros:
What do you think which mods did make sense to this watch?
Is a TomRep bezel mod is necessary or other hands?
Input is much appreciated.

Last edited:

DrblueZzz

Looking Around
6/4/21

Hello everyone, I'm a newie and will like to seek your expert opinions..recently bought a ym rhodium and I felt the cyclops lens looked abit weird.. is the cyclops lens slanted?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

Hello everyone, I'm a newie and will like to seek your expert opinions..recently bought a ym rhodium and I felt the cyclops lens looked abit weird.. is the cyclops lens slanted?

Yes it looks slightly slanted. I think you may get it looking straight if crystal is rotated slightly to the left - any watchmaker can do it.
hmm... now that I’m looking at it again, it looks like date window is not completely straight. Can you post more pics of that cyclops / date window.

otherwise watch looks great!! What factory?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

I got it from AR..
is this picture clearer?

yes. It doesn’t look that bad. I think crystal distorts date window making it look just a little bit uneven.
Crystal looks slightly slanted but like I said in my other post it should be easy fix - rotate crystal to left.

Reactions: DrblueZzz

Shylock Eins

3/2/16
b99aa399900920473727a98aad79e92a.jpg

4dd718f395288e88cd1c8949b0c6bf9b.jpg

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21

I'm still very fond of the classic silver dial yachtmaster and I have a 5 digit rep from 2004 which was fairly good at the time, but by today's standards is pretty lousy. Now I'm ready to update to a 6 digit 116622 and I'm at a crossroads of the classic silver dial vs rhodium dial.

The struggle back and forth is classic vs modern. As for the silver, I'm also torn on the ARF vs Noob debate, with no clear cut winner. My understanding is the Noob silver is more accurate, but the ARF is better overall, but reversed when it comes to rhodium, with Noob being better overall. Or have I gone bonkers reading too many arguments over the two? Which do members find more interesting, the silver or rhodium? And who has the best 6 digit silver dial rep? Arf or Noob?

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Would have to say Noob.

ARF bracelet quality is phenomenal, but bezel action, crystal, hands and case all better on the Noob. Couldn’t compare dials as I had different colours.

Either way, both good watches.

Sent from the RWI App

Which colour do you think looks better? Rhodium or blue?

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
someone that wants too sell his noob ym with 3135 movement???
let me know

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Would a Noob 116622 take an ARF Insert? Curious if my Tomrep mod can switch over. I want to see if I'd like a Noob base more, particularly due to the lugs.

Mortybig

Looking Around
29/11/19
Anyone ever try the D1F factory for their YM rose gold wrapped model ? How is quality for that model/factory ? Have read through numerous threads on this watch and it seems most are about ARF, Noob and a few other factories, but not much on D1F (which comes recommended from TD)