• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New BP DJ II from Lucy (with my gen)

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
I just got my new BP Datejust II from Lucy! SS with white dial and stick marker. Wow. It's gorgeous.

The main thing you notice when compared with the gen is obviously the weight and feel of the bracelet, but after some vaseline it should feel better.

Here are some quick pics with my gen for comparison. I'll take some photoshoot pics later on. For now I'm too busy wearing it =P

HerrOberst

26/9/13
Those are really great looking watches! I get mine from Lucy as well, she's great.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

The gray dial on the GEN is a beauty.. it´s very captivating, but the white DJ is amazing none the less.. one of the few Datejust II I´d like to have...
...Congrats! Wear ´em well and in good health, mate!

Cheers,
Spirit.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Nice, thank you for sharing. I like the DJII watches, they are elegant and clean looking.

hoanghung45

Renowned Member
12/10/14
Wow, BP djii is way better than noob
here is another comparison in detail. Noob vs gen, very interesting
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=89128&highlight=gen+djii
IMG_5570.jpg

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
Yes, the BP is much better with the DJ II. than noob is. Only issue I had with mine was slightly left justified numbers in the 20's on the date. Other than that it was awesome. I regret selling mine.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Thanks guys! It really is beautiful, and I was really pleasantly surprised at how close this one was to the gen. Look at the J in Datejust! It's beautiful.

George do you have a DJ now?

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14

The gray dial on the GEN is a beauty.. it´s very captivating, but the white DJ is amazing none the less.. one of the few Datejust II I´d like to have...
...Congrats! Wear ´em well and in good health, mate!

Cheers,
Spirit.

Thanks Spirit! The gray gen is my wedding watch. That dial is so amazing in person, very well done. I love it, but i feel like a Russian mafia when I wear it!

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Same here when I wear my gen blue dial 116334... pimp as hell. When you mean by new BP that means new to yu right? Or is this a new release? Looks amazing mate thinking about getting a BP DD...

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Same here when I wear my gen blue dial 116334... pimp as hell. When you mean by new BP that means new to yu right? Or is this a new release? Looks amazing mate thinking about getting a BP DD...

Yea, new to me, bro! Thanks yodog

D

d4m.test

It´s somehow simple, elegant and stylish. I´ve been wearing my white/sticks a lot in the last few weeks. Congrats on Yours:)

DJII_1761c_zpstms2fa0m.jpg

Skywatch

11/1/15
The dial looks great on the rep, the gray dial is awesome used to own a gen years ago with a similar gray dial.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
How is the bezel compared to gen? I always thought he BP bezel was a little big compared to gen. In the pics it looks good!

pecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/14
+1

how is the size and the angle of the bezel compared to the gen?

and how about its shine? is it far from the bling of the white gold?

it looks great by the pictures!

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Thanks for all the compliments, im really loving this watch right now

Pecu, the bezel is really legit. I also read that the bezel is bigger and stuff, but it doesn't look like this one has that.

Here's the width of the beveled part of the bezel on the gen

Here's the rep

They are both pretty much exactly 4mm. Even if they are different, not by much. Not enough to tell obviously.

Here's the angle of the bezel. Rep is on the left.

Looks very very similar. The main difference is that the rep angle is slightly shallower so there is a little more non-bevelled metal on the base on the rep. That could contribute to the appearance that it is maybe larger, but to my naked eye it looks the same.

The metal is nicely polished. Looks really shiny and the bezel has that nice bling to it.

pecu

23/7/14
wow that is very nice!!!

It looks like BP is the one to get. The worry about the bezel is because of the Noob's version. As you can see here, the difference is significant. Noob is on the right. As you can see, its almost 1,5x the size.

001_zps524a070a.jpg

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
Wow that's a huge bezel! This BP blows me away, I think you know what you need to do!

OceanView

19/10/11
Not to rain on your parade but does the Gen DJII have a bevel around the date box?
Your gen has it but I don't see it on the BP.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
The rep definitely does not have the it like the gen does. The date is also squeezed in the window really tight. Lol no rep is perfect bro.

tchockie

Renowned Member
2/5/14
It´s somehow simple, elegant and stylish. I´ve been wearing my white/sticks a lot in the last few weeks. Congrats on Yours:)

I totally agree, this white dial is something else. And it's actually my first white dial watch. Yours looks GREAT