• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show off your TC Subs...

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
d2289b48a8e2f56e6e73b2a12816be1a.jpg

ef4f72ff035bd3c7c9dac3a4702dd387.jpg

bladerunner34

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/14
I can’t find ads for a TC in the sales section. I would have liked to know the price for a model. Do you have an idea?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I can’t find ads for a TC in the sales section. I would have liked to know the price for a model. Do you have an idea?

They show up pretty rarely at this stage. The prices will always vary. You have to be quick when they go green in the sales area.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Can someone advise the differences between a TC V6 and a V7x please? Thanks

After some research, some of the differences between V6 and V7x are: movement holder cutouts in the case, a cap on the hands centre pin, chamfers on the lugs.

I'd like to add chamfers to the lugs of my V6. I have a rough idea how to do it but have never done it, I do have a case to practise on. Is there a guide or known method for doing this?

Reactions: Onepickledginger

Spoons

Supporter
Patron
Certified
21/4/19
After some research, some of the differences between V6 and V7x are: movement holder cutouts in the case, a cap on the hands centre pin, chamfers on the lugs.

I'd like to add chamfers to the lugs of my V6. I have a rough idea how to do it but have never done it, I do have a case to practise on. Is there a guide or known method for doing this?

lawlessflyer provided some great info on how to add chamfers in his ST build thread.

Reactions: Parto

jlish983

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Anybody willing to Sell? Need one ASAP for Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
I saw someone here converting a TC to a 16613. I have a brand new V7 that I never use. But I want to make it a 16613. Any ideas? I think the bracelet is the hard part but Nikz could probably fix that

Ramone50000

Horology
10/5/18
I saw someone here converting a TC to a 16613. I have a brand new V7 that I never use. But I want to make it a 16613. Any ideas? I think the bracelet is the hard part but Nikz could probably fix that

You just need to get a 16613 bezel, crown, dial, hands, insert, dw, and a 3135 (rep or gen) movement - I believe TC cases are gen spec so the parts should all fit.

Might be easier to get a rep or gen 2 tone 93153 bracelet instead of having yours plated. You can also have the case engraved with correct markings for 16613.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: mumk

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
You just need to get a 16613 bezel, crown, dial, hands, insert, dw, and a 3135 (rep or gen) movement - I believe TC cases are gen spec so the parts should all fit.

Might be easier to get a rep or gen 2 tone 93153 bracelet instead of having yours plated. You can also have the case engraved with correct markings for 16613.

Cheers!

Thanks bro, will try to find a genuine bracelet. Isn't bracelet code 93253 correct for cases without lug holes? :)

Ramone50000

Horology
10/5/18
Thanks bro, will try to find a genuine bracelet. Isn't bracelet code 93253 correct for cases without lug holes? :)

My bad - yes it should be 93253. I'm more used to typing the 93150 code for my 1680 lol.

Are you going for a LN or LB build?

Cheers!

Reactions: mumk

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
A genuine bracelet will have sel gaps on a TC. A TC is wider than gen spec (just over 20mm lug width) so I'd suggest using a JF for a 16613 build if your planning to use a gen bracelet.

Reactions: okaybg and mumk

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
A genuine bracelet will have sel gaps on a TC. A TC is wider than gen spec (just over 20mm lug width) so I'd suggest using a JF for a 16613 build if your planning to use a gen bracelet.

Thanks for the heads up! That's a shame, a genuine bracelet could be found for about 3k euros including clasp. Maybe Nikz19 can replate the original tc bracelet including the inner side of the links?

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
My bad - yes it should be 93253. I'm more used to typing the 93150 code for my 1680 lol.

Are you going for a LN or LB build?

Cheers!

Ah I see! I was thinking of an LB build. I actually just sold my genuine 116613LB because I have too many watches atm.. But it would be nice to have one two-tone even though I barely use it lol. I've owned the TC since the V7 came out and only used it once. So maybe this way I will get more use out of it :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Ah I see! I was thinking of an LB build. I actually just sold my genuine 116613LB because I have too many watches atm.. But it would be nice to have one two-tone even though I barely use it lol. I've owned the TC since the V7 came out and only used it once. So maybe this way I will get more use out of it :)

Did you sell all your WM9s? They were the best base for the 16613. I have a startime 18k on my 16803 build but that is a 93153. So yeah gen, BP or JF for the 93253.

mumk

Renowned Member
13/7/10
Did you sell all your WM9s? They were the best base for the 16613. I have a startime 18k on my 16803 build but that is a 93153. So yeah gen, BP or JF for the 93253.

I am glad you remember those! Yeah unfortunately I sold them all... I was stupid to do so.. I guess at the time I didn't know or appreciate the kind of rare watch I got my hands on. I managed to get like 3-4 of them. But all sold now :(

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have been looking for one of these ever since I heard about them. Today, after a long jounery and a close call with customs, I got one.

First up, Submariner's is my favourite subject. I've been rep collecting since around 2002 and playing with gen Subs since 2004. I cannot even remember how many rep or how many gen Subs I have bought ad sold, it's a lot. I keep them anything from 6 months to a couple of years. I have a lot of experience with the 5 digit Submariner. In my opinion, I'm qualified to say what's a good and bad rep Sub.

This TC (despite the obvious red hand and negative DW) is the best 16610 rep I've had. It's better than the discontinued JF and current ARF by a long way in my opinion.

I always look at crown guards, they are never right on any other 5 digit Sub rep, but this TC has nailed it! Wow, those are near perfect gen like CG's! The crown guard is missing a little angle line where they slope away from the case but this can be polished away or softened on a refurbished gen a lot of the time and it n be added by brushing the case so no matter. The case is great, if a little sharp around the edges, I can fix that, it needs chamfers on the lugs which I can fix too.
Amazingly, the crown and bezel action are very gen like, the crown more so than the bezel but both are great. The crown in particular screws with a smooth tight thread just like gen, without gritty threads. It turns the rong way to set the time but that's because it's a ETA not clone 3135. Dial is really lovely with embossed fonts and the hands look pretty good too. The tube is very slightly different. Crystal is a little bit too high. The rehaut on the TC is not quite as deep as the gen and I detect the gen is ever so slightly more angled/wok than the TC maybe this is an illusion because the TC rehaut has a shorter wall, but the TC rehaut appears to be ever so slightly more vertical than the gen I'm talking fractions. I have a gen crystal to fit, this may alter the appearance of the rehaut. The insert is pretty poor, it's alomst rounded/contoured around the edges, it should be flat. The pip is not perfectly centered in the triangle.

The bracelet has numerous flaws. First it feels very light and cheap around the clasp. The claps blades are too wide and the middle parallel strenghthing lines are too narrow compared to gen. The endlink midlink have too much of a high step and they are elongated. On a plus, the bracelet has very good crisp and clear gen like stamps that you dont get on JF or ARF (or others).

Summary
The bracelet isn't fooling anyone but a newbie (if that) however the watch case set is fantastic and is the best 5 digit Sub I have owned. This one is a keeper. I'll put gen insert, bracelet, crystal, crown and tube, that'll be the project for now, later it may get a 3135 gen or clone and dial etc.. Very pleased with this.

Pictured with 2004 gen 16613.

jl6Z1c.jpg
jl63Di.jpg
jl6jMX.jpg
jl6Hob.jpg
jl6KTp.jpg
jl6hb5.jpg
jl6A5F.jpg
jl6W9n.jpg
jl6LBt.jpg
jl6eR2.jpg
jl6UKE.jpg
jl6as3.jpg

Last edited:

mandipan

Sic Mundus Creatus Est
Certified
18/11/13
Already posted this on WTB with no luck so I try again here! any TC owner open to consider a sale?