• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 16613 Gang - Show off your 16613 TT thread!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
VCSqae.jpg

Reactions: Nur-Uhr

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hi, I just read the super rep list again, wondering about the TW Bluesy... is it still available?? Can someone point me a direction to figure whether the current ARF/VRF MAX are better or still the TW can’t be beat??? Thank you.... sorry if I haven’t done enough homework before I ask this...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hi, I just read the super rep list again, wondering about the TW Bluesy... is it still available?? Can someone point me a direction to figure whether the current ARF/VRF MAX are better or still the TW can’t be beat??? Thank you.... sorry if I haven’t done enough homework before I ask this...

I think the TW is based on the 5-digit Submariner while the ARF and VRF Max are based on the newer ceramic-bezel 6-digit Submariner. Either way, they are all really nice watches.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland

Hinclimincli is correct. The old old TWbests at one time shared the same case maker as wm9. The wm9 has been the best out of the box bluesy rep so far discontinued a long time ago. The ARF VRF etc are all 6 digit ceramics. So it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Hinclimincli is correct. The old old TWbests at one time shared the same case maker as wm9. The wm9 has been the best out of the box bluesy rep so far discontinued a long time ago. The ARF VRF etc are all 6 digit ceramics. So it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Ohhhhhhhh :eek: think you so much for the explanation.... currently wanting to add one more collection before I leave Hong Kong. Bluesy or Smurf is on the top of the list. :D (depends on which will be easier to mod and a sweeter eye candy :D)

Sent from the RWI App

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Bluesy or Smurf is on the top of the list. :D (depends on which will be easier to mod and a sweeter eye candy :D)

In my biased opinion Bluesy. It is an expensive road and takes a lot of learning. Just remember not all rep cases take gen parts. Do a lot of research before you go on this journey. It took about 9 months to build mine, a lot of mistakes and headaches plus customs charges that would make your eyes water lol.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
In my biased opinion Bluesy. It is an expensive road and takes a lot of learning. Just remember not all rep cases take gen parts. Do a lot of research before you go on this journey. It took about 9 months to build mine, a lot of mistakes and headaches plus customs charges that would make your eyes water lol.

Hi C Master,

I’m thinking of getting the most gen like one(thinking of the ARF.... closest to Gen’s case size I believe, noob and GMF/BP are a tad bit smaller), and replace the bezel insert and dial,crown, crystal, and DWO first(saved the budget for it... and found couple of them on eBay...) so it’s highly on my list right now. But still sourcing which one to get, VRF Max or ARF, towards ARF cuz the bracelet is pretty *clear throat* expensive, so if get the VRF Max, definitely will have to replace bracelet, but I can’t afford this at the moment.

Sent from the RWI App

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi C Master,

I’m thinking of getting the most gen like one(thinking of the ARF.... closest to Gen’s case size I believe, noob and GMF/BP are a tad bit smaller), and replace the bezel insert and dial,crown, crystal, and DWO first(saved the budget for it... and found couple of them on eBay...) so it’s highly on my list right now. But still sourcing which one to get, VRF Max or ARF, towards ARF cuz the bracelet is pretty *clear throat* expensive, so if get the VRF Max, definitely will have to replace bracelet, but I can’t afford this at the moment.

Sent from the RWI App

Good luck with that. The beauty of a Franken build is you can do it over time. Beware of EBay, there are plenty of scammers on there. Franken 6 digit parts/kits do come up in M2M from time to time.

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Good luck with that. The beauty of a Franken build is you can do it over time. Beware of EBay, there are plenty of scammers on there. Franken 6 digit parts/kits do come up in M2M from time to time.

Deciding on the LB or LN now.... bluesy is definitely a catch, but lately has been into the black dial as well haha

Sent from the RWI App

Drpepper1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/18
One of my favourite watches along with the navitimer. Will definitely be the next gen I buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk