• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 16233 project is finished, Some good and bad results

vmena

9/4/06
So, finally the project is over... even still needs some final adjustments, but here we go with the summary:
  • Genuine 16233 case[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Genuine dial[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Genuine sapphire crystal[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Genuine crown[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Luenfat's datewheel[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Tudor hands[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Aftermarket TT jubilee bracelet from a good friend (thanks avara/007)[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • ETA 2824[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Custom aluminum spacer[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
My watchmaker did most of the job (I mainly sourced parts from here and there).

Issues:
  • Hollow end links of the bracelet sounds like thousand little bells... nothing unexpected but I have to find some new end links and fatter spring bars.[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • Even being quite confidence about the source, I wander the crystal is genuine... maybe just a personal feeling[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
  • The crown doesn't screw up to the end of the tube... but I remember it happened in the past with my genuine Date TT.[/*:m:c5aiz9cd]
Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the final result... now it's time for a new project... maybe a WG version. Enjoy pics (sorry for the bad lighting and quality but were taking very fast at night) MB stuff is all genuine and not for sale :)

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00863.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00871.jpg

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
Nice work, Vic....Wish I could do something like that.

The date seems a little crooked or is it the camera angle..?

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Ni~ce~~~ [smilie=notworthy.gif]

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
I dunno enough 'bout DJs, but this one looks nice made. The gen dial looks so clear... :shock:
Even though gold is not really my style, this might look gorgeous on the right suite.
The only thing, that woul disturb me a little might be the endlinks. They seem to be too small for the case. Maybe you should try a nice croc-strap on this one?
:D

Keep up that great work!

sgv

Renowned Member
1/4/06
Might the endlinks only be 19mm, rather than 20?

The watch looks excellent! There's so much to a gen Rolex dial that it puts every rep dial to shame.

Very nice watch! Wear it well!!

sv

vmena

9/4/06
Thanks to all for so kind words... yes, the enlinks are a sh***t and I have to buy some gen ones as well some fatter springbars...

The date is spot on but the date mag is a bit down... I have to turn up the crystal .005 mm. :) not mtch but is visible.

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Very nice, your post inspired me to do some modding on one of my dj's.

Renowned Member
19/10/06
Even though we are nitpicking here, this is very nice indeed. I used some of these aftermarket end links on my DJ, and they didn't fit as I expected. Then I went and looked at some genuine Rolex DJs from '90s and guess what? The end links didn't fit perfectly on those either.
Good job mate.

vmena

9/4/06
007 said:
Even though we are nitpicking here, this is very nice indeed. I used some of these aftermarket end links on my DJ, and they didn't fit as I expected. Then I went and looked at some genuine Rolex DJs from '90s and guess what? The end links didn't fit perfectly on those either.
Good job mate.

Hi my friend! the bracelet is pretty good but the end links smell :( I've just bought some aftermarket ones plus a couple of fat genuine springbars... I hope this will make my DJ close to perfection :) :) :)