• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

aaamax

Known Member
28/9/15
gotta say that is a pretty good fade you got there with bleach. I have seen so many botched jobs.

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Thank you! I didn’t remove it, I actually did it at the office with a paper cup and bleach from under the lunchroom sink. Poured in 1/2” of bleach, dunked the whole watch in, and came back to it 10 and 20 min later. Rinsed it real good and cleaned it with hand soap and toothbrush.

legit took 30 min total. I happen to have already had a brand spankin new BP insert just in case, but honestly that has been sitting in the tool box for weeks since I did this and love the “used and abused but still nice” look. In fact that’s the main reason I love the Ginault bracelet: the ever so slightly beveled edges on the links age it in a classy way i feel.

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
Anyone know a fix for this issue I have. The crown on my BP 16600 seems to screw in too close to the case to the point where the edge of the crown is almost flush with the CGs.

In photos of the gen and some of the watches I the thread the crown is supposed to stick out past the CGs a little.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Planning to start my pre ceramic journey with the BP SD.

Quick question do you need to have it waterproofed ie helium escape valve clued shut and so on or it's more or less like all rep divers most probably good to go OTB?

They still come with the SA movement correct so a VR swap is probably needed in a near future?

Anything else you'll need to do right away?

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Planning to start my pre ceramic journey with the BP SD.

Quick question do you need to have it waterproofed ie helium escape valve clued shut and so on or it's more or less like all rep divers most probably good to go OTB?

They still come with the SA movement correct so a VR swap is probably needed in a near future?

Anything else you'll need to do right away?

I picked mine up back in the summer, great piece. No clue about the waterproofing, but yes, it has the SA movement. However, mines kept great time and has felt absolutely solid with respect to winding and setting time. Power reserve is as good as any of my other watches. No service has been performed.

Only issue is that the bezel is a little stiff to turn.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
I’ve broken the bezel mechanism on mine. The little piece of wire that provides resistance popped out so now it spins freely and feels loose. Any one know how to fix it or someone in the EU I can send it to?

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
I’ve broken the bezel mechanism on mine. The little piece of wire that provides resistance popped out so now it spins freely and feels loose. Any one know how to fix it or someone in the EU I can send it to?

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Figured out that all I need is a new click spring and tension ring. Anyone want to link me to a EU watch parts supplier that has them? Found some on eBay UK but no point ordering there with all the brexit madness.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Anyone planning a tritium build?

I have a 1980s Gen seadweller clasp that I’ve been meaning stick on M2M.

Will be handy for someone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Figured out that all I need is a new click spring and tension ring. Anyone want to link me to a EU watch parts supplier that has them? Found some on eBay UK but no point ordering there with all the brexit madness.

Why is there no point ordering some watch parts from uk?

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
Mainly because it’s a nightmare with the backlog at the UK ports plus new taxes and import fees. I ordered from the US in the end.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Mainly because it’s a nightmare with the backlog at the UK ports plus new taxes and import fees. I ordered from the US in the end.

The US is and has been under the same import fees and taxes rules as UK now is though for you guys?

For small watch parts at a low value I can’t see you paying taxes or import fees, you just ask cousins to Mark as a gift. air Mail seems to be fine, the backlog is mainly at docks with containers full of goods.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

The US is and has been under the same import fees and taxes rules as UK now is though for you guys?

For small watch parts at a low value I can’t see you paying taxes or import fees, you just ask cousins to Mark as a gift. air Mail seems to be fine, the backlog is mainly at docks with containers full of goods.

massi24

Horology Curious
6/2/21
Hi ALL, i received my BP Sea Dweller w 2836 movement one week ago and the bezel diameter is only 39,40 mm.. specially the hours hand is a little bit greenish. will change the insert with a gen one and hands from helenarou.

1495024b-2176-417e-ae1a-ae720c9083db

massi24

Horology Curious
6/2/21
Not in the pictures, but maybe I'll even imagine that the watch appears smaller because I know that it has only 39,xx millimetres...

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Massi24, that watch looks great, and you shouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure it’s as close as it’s going to get, and in bet the gen is the same measurement anyway. Wear that watch and enjoy it! It’s really good looking!

ive added the Ginault bracelet, the DeepSea SeaDweller GlideLock clasp and aged my insert and this is by far my most favorite watch. It’s JUST RIGHT!

Reactions: Thrasher