• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
I have a set of Bp sa hands never used. They were taken out with the dial from The franken I sold to Thorne.

It is of any help to you PM me and we can set up a sale in M2m

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you stufuse. I really appreciate your offer. I am going to try the 2836 route first and see how that works out. If it does not, I will hit you up should you still have them available for sale. I should know by the end of next week.

Last edited:

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US

A couple of my personal findings from my experience with the SA3135 BPSD
  • VR3135 fit like a charm in this case. I reused the dial spacer that was present in the SA3135 movement, which I presumed was needed for proper stem height.
  • BP dial print quality is great, but the hour markers are applied quite poorly. When working with them, I've found that simply using an air blower gets them blown off the dial, and there has been one instance where one hour marker came loose when the watch was on wrist. Of course, this can be easily fixed by reapplying them with an adhesive.
  • Like many other members, I needed to sand my genuine insert a bit to get it to fit into the bezel ring.
  • A genuine 704 crown screwed on perfectly onto the stock rep tube. Doing this will only be a visual upgrade, though. In my opinion, the largest contributor to water resistance is the tube construction and gaskets. Genuine 24-7030 tubes have two gaskets within the tube, one at the joint where the tube meets the case and one on the outside that gets compressed when the crown is screwed in. The stock rep tube only fits one gasket within it.
  • Mismatched lume between the hands and hour markers. I felt that adding a genuine handset was a good improvement!
  • Gen spec springbars don't work with the bracelet as they are too thick
  • Removing the diver's extension on the clasp made life with the watch a lot better. The diver's extension on mine was very sloppy and would come undone every time I opened the clasp. This is probably either due to worn tabs on the inner side of the clasp or a flattened rivet pin in the center of the extension

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thought I’d add a few pics here if my gen crystal project, I know this has been done before except this time the case mode has been welded and machined permanent. I went down this road because my case go so damaged on one lug it was either a throw away or had to be fully welded and rebuilt. I went the weld route and went gen crystal while I was at it. case lug reshape

having to machine a new rehault and inner case ring for the BP case to take a gen crystal and gasket was fun and the result was good. I managed to get the gen looking hight And the case is now gen spec as per my gen 16600 that I sold a little while ago. This case is meant to represent a polished 16660.
Machined parts, ring welded & machined and crystal installed.

mill update when I’ve finished building the 3135... looks good with a period correct open 6 & 9 datewheel

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
It's so nice to see this thread living on and new people getting hard core with mods. Its guys like you all that make this hobby great. Congratulations.
IMG_465860647ace7a6814f4.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
It's so nice to see this thread living on and new people getting hard core with mods. Its guys like you all that make this hobby great. Congratulations.
IMG_465860647ace7a6814f4.jpg

Thanks buddy, love this hobby. That’s a beautiful piece you got there... wear it well

Reactions: Thrasher

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Here’s a few pics of the almost finished 16660
i ended up machining a new dummy Helium valve as an alternative until I get a gen to install. I used proper Titanium as the BP one is just coated stainless and polishes off after a while.

gen spec crystal & rehaut construction
vietnam dial
BP hands relumed to match dial.
VR3135 with with mostly gen parts
gen open 6 & 9 datewheel
case & bracelet Reshaped
gen crown & tube

m

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Is there any non-clone version? I know BP has their 5-digit subs on Miyota, 2836 and A3135 but I asked Andrew at Trustytime and he said this one it’s only available on 3135 (which I’m not quite interested in...)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Is there any non-clone version? I know BP has their 5-digit subs on Miyota, 2836 and A3135 but I asked Andrew at Trustytime and he said this one it’s only available on 3135 (which I’m not quite interested in...)

BP do it on 2824 too. Sead got me the A3135 and 2824

The caseback is better on the 2824 so I swapped them over for the franken I had built.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I received mine from Nembo a few days ago, on 2824 and I am pretty happy. Pricewise unbeatable for a well made BP replica. If I have one negative thing to say, it's that the bezel is really too tight, no deal breaker for me though.
bd5162130ccea61bee9f995b00a69a26.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Thrasher

arpa90

2/11/18
I really appreciate your offer. I am going to try the 2836 route first and see how that works out.
Any update on this? Did the 2836 fit? I also have the 2824 bpsd and considering upgrading the movement to a swiss one.

Does someone know what bracelet alternatives there still are? I hate the bp one. It feels super cheap.

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Any update on this? Did the 2836 fit? I also have the 2824 bpsd and considering upgrading the movement to a swiss one.

Yes. The 2836 fits well, as it does not need as large of a dial spacer as the 2824 requires to fit the BPSD case. The Swiss versions should fit just as well. Good luck with your build.

Reactions: pompompurin

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
just got my Ginault bracelet in and put her on and am so happy with the results! While I can’t illustrate feel or heft online, I can assure you it’s far heavier and solid as a rock. It’s amazing how much this transforms the wearing experience of this watch. Also the SEL fitment is spot on and super clean. Coupled with the DSSD Glidelock this is really a comfortable and clean watch, albeit not “accurate” to gen, I really don’t care.

also, the slight chamfer on the sides of the links adds an aged look to it, which I think is more period correct since this watch should really be 30 years old or so. Yes it was as much money as the watch itself, but if we were worried about spending money on silly things we wouldn’t be here. ;)

im so happy with it, and can’t recommend this upgrade enough. This fixes the main (and basically only) flaw of the BPSD in my opinion. Next I’m going to superlume it and do a Prof’s 2xAR crystal and I think this will be almost done. Oh, I’m also going to put a clone 2824 in it from my inbound BP 16610 LV, if it will fit (I’m not opposed to modding the case if needed and have access to the proper machining tools so that shouldn’t be an issue)

is there a market for the Ginault glidelock clasp? I will never use it, nor have I ever used the stock BP clasp if anyone thinks that’s something I should put on M2M. If anyone needs the stock BP bracelet I have that also, and I did mod the SEL’s to fit better (which they did, much better than stock)

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
I have a bp and put in a vr3135. I want to replace or superlume the hands. Which hands are best (besides tc unicorn hands)? Or better to do a full relume with bp hands?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

Last edited:

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified

I’m going to relume by BP dial and hands so once I do I’ll post pix and you can see if they look acceptable. The TC stuff is no doubt the best, but like you said, total unicorns.

another update: I put in the 2mm spring bars (instead of the 1.8mm) and WOW does it make the bracelet snug to the case! It didn’t fit at first so I put the spring at itself in a small dremmel chuck and ever so slightly reduced the diameter of the pin part that actually goes into the lug. It made it work, and I couldn’t be happier! It really snugged the SEL up.