• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
IMG_460918f8a2fbc594798e.jpg

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Hope it arrives soon my friend!

Your current one looks a bit ghostly :p

Thanks J. I dropped the bezel insert in bleach and it turned out ghostly instead of matte :p

I got everything ready. Just need your dial and I am good to go
- Gen dial
- Gen hour hand + gen seconds hand + JF minute hand
- Gen crown
- Gen tube
- Gen date disc
- VR3135
- BP 2824-2 case back
- reshaped the bottom part of the crownguard
- brushed the bracelet and modified the back of the SEL

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thanks J. I dropped the bezel insert in bleach and it turned out ghostly instead of matte :p

- Gen dial
- Gen crown
- Gen tube
- Gen date disc
- VR3135
- BP 2824-2 case back

oooooo. I can't wait to see it all! Are you doing all the work yourself?

Reactions: pompompurin

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City

- Gen dial
- Gen crown
- Gen tube
- Gen date disc
- VR3135
- BP 2824-2 case back

Sounds like you hit all the right notes there, mate. Going to be epic!

Fulcanelli

Known Member
7/7/19
EU
The piece of wire that holds the bezel under tension has popped out of mine. Dont know how it happened and try as I might I cant get it to go back into position - anyone want to walk me through it?

Last edited:

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Your SEL looks great! I too did some modding on mine and got it close. Still some room for improvement.

stupid me ordered one of the WSO “116610” bracelets and it’s garbage. The stock BP is actually not bad at all once it wears in a little. Changing the clasp was the best move ever tho, the stock BP clasp is a joke.

my tube came undone out of nowhere, not really sure how. After ~ 10 hours of hard core waverunner abuse I looked down and the Crystal was fogged. This is after 5-6 days of ripping in the water and rain and basically giving no fucks, it all of a sudden took in water.

took it apart, fried it up, used industrial adhesive on the tube’s threads and set it in place. It’s been fine since. My SEL work will be better shortly, but it’s noticing better in person already...

Photo%20Aug%2008%2C%207%2009%2047%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Aug%2008%2C%207%2011%2001%20PM.jpg

Reactions: Thrasher

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Joining the club myself today! Mine is the SA3135 version. Was disappointed to see that the watch arrived with an issue with the date disc. Quickset did not work and the date did not advance during midnight - instead it was stuck at ‘19’ in an angled position
Fortunately, thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this forum and some free time due to the pandemic, I’ve become a bit more comfortable performing some basic watch modifications. Opened her up to do some investigative work and found that the screw that is supposed to hold the date disc in place was not properly screwed in the correct orientation, leading to the date disc becoming dislodged. Easy fix. Since I had her open, I decided to put a genuine date disc as well since the SA3135 date font was a bit thick!
Another issue I need to address now is that the movement is running quite fast and gaining minutes each day. Going to buy a demagnetizer and a timegrapher to practice learning how to regulate movements. Last complaint I have is that the bezel is incredibly stiff to turn, which seems to be a common issue. Going to spend some time digging through this large thread to see how others have solved the issue

One of my favorite aspects of the watch is how good the angled brushing looks on the lugs. The way the lugs catch the light is very TC-esque in my opinion!

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
How is your spring bar looking? Is it bent like the others lately?

also, your lugs do indeed look fantastic!

Thanks!! I can report that the ends of my springbars were slightly bent around the shoulders. It wasn’t too problematic for me to remove the bracelet though. Will look for genuine 2mm spring bars when I send the watch to get the lugs drilled! Just for others to reference, the genuine spring bars (for drilled lug models only) should be part # 23-12200. Non drilled on this model is 23-44200

Have a gen vintagized insert arriving tomorrow! Really looking forward to adding some character to the watch :)

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Joining the club

One of my favorite aspects of the watch is how good the angled brushing looks on the lugs. The way the lugs catch the light is very TC-esque in my opinion!

This was one of my favourite parts also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aphung2

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
That looks absolutely awesome! Love the blue hue!!!

if you have any interest in selling your stock insert please let me know. I’ve scratched mine a little more than I’d prefer and the WSO and others I’m finding are blah. The factory BP is actually sharp looking all be it a little crooked.

so please let me know, I’d like to buy yours if you are willing

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
That looks absolutely awesome! Love the blue hue!!!

if you have any interest in selling your stock insert please let me know. I’ve scratched mine a little more than I’d prefer and the WSO and others I’m finding are blah. The factory BP is actually sharp looking all be it a little crooked.

so please let me know, I’d like to buy yours if you are willing

Thanks!! The pearl on that insert was too far gone so I replaced it with a gen luminova pearl from a 16610 insert I had lying around

Happy to create a reserved sale for you at a cheap price bro. Shoot me a PM and we can sort it!

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Having a timegrapher is definitely one of the most worthwhile investments for any aspiring watchmaking hobbyist. Also got the BPSD demagnetized with a $14 gadget off of Amazon and running much more up to spec now. I probably will upgrade the movement in this to a more reliable VR3135 anyway. Operating the crown on this watch is all messed up. Sometimes I’m able to move the minute hand when the seconds aren’t even hacked.

During disassembly I noticed that the SA3135 uses a dial spacer between the movement and dial. Do any of the well versed folks here know if I’ll have to reuse this spacer in a VR3135 during the movement transplant? I’m assuming I would have to in order to ensure proper stem height for the crown

Reactions: Thrasher and thorne