• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Thefakemasterfanclub

Known Member
31/12/10
2846-seviced-Strooda-238559a52892289f7.jpg

SD-swiss-eta-1b7937fc1b2dca813.jpg

Where did you get yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Where did you get yours ?

I only buy from Sead at Supermirrors. sead1999 You send him a link to watch on his website or any Dealers website and he will get it for you with better quality and price than anyone else. Adrian does all the custom work as a matter of fact I'm having Sead send a VSF 8500 to tear down and rebuild properly like that Frankenstein guy did.

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
I only buy from Sead at Supermirrors. sead1999 You send him a link to watch on his website or any Dealers website and he will get it for you with better quality and price than anyone else. Adrian does all the custom work as a matter of fact I'm having Sead send a VSF 8500 to tear down and rebuild properly like that Frankenstein guy did.

That's what I have done, sead1999 can find everything, prices are a bit cheaper and he's sending me the watch, now I just wait for (bow) ado213 "the master", also known as "the king of sea dwellers" reply to begin the transformation, I'm looking forward to having everything done, but unfortunatly it's just the beginning for me.
Thrasher your bpsd are gorgeous!

Reactions: Thrasher

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
That's what I have done, sead1999 can find everything, prices are a bit cheaper and he's sending me the watch, now I just wait for (bow) ado213 "the master", also known as "the king of sea dwellers" reply to begin the transformation, I'm looking forward to having everything done, but unfortunatly it's just the beginning for me.
Thrasher your bpsd are gorgeous!

Thank You Sir its a learning process and some parts are harder to get than others, I usually supply all my own parts to anyone I work with that way they dont waste their time hunting parts when they should be building. Adrian truly is the best, I have been around and worked with pretty much everyone and the only one who is close to Adrian is Misiekped but he doesn't build SeaDwellers like Adrian. He can build an incredible Gen or rep 3135 movement and he built my 116610 LN V6s with pretty much everything genuine except case and bracelet.

IMG_48452e16b2df751ecfc6.jpg

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
The BPSD is really something else... it's sooo good... even without any mods. A perfect summer watch. I'm thinking of getting the lugs drilled and the CG reshaped but I will see :)

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Thrasher your SD with the "Tritium" dial is so amazing. Really a nice piece.

I like the BP SD .... My BPSD is one of my favourite watches.

WP-20190317-16-38-36-Pro.jpg

WP-20190317-16-39-54-Pro.jpg

Thank You sir I'm still pissed that TC bailed on us for his Ginault brand. There were plenty of people who wanted to buy his connections and remaining stock. Even his watch repair guy who was highly trusted and nearly anonymous. TC had SD hands, SD Dials and SD Bracelets I'm lucky but just like we all say HAD I KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW>>> The cool thing is with Adrain you can put on a gen dial, gen Crystal, Gen bezel or gen/yuki/sh3135 or any combination of those ....Flat 4 inserts , gen crystals , Tritium dials, lug holes pretty much make the watch totally believable.

Reactions: Seefeld and Nur-Uhr

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Here are my three.
_MG_4076e4ad3766bb5bd1bf.jpg

This one is Adrian crystal mod (Gen spec crystal but I forgot from who), TC dial and TC V3 hands and TC DWO, TC Bracelet, gen flat 4 insert, swiss eta, gen 703 crown on WSO tube.

IMG_470933fc46586ab775f8.jpg

This one is Crazy. Gen Crystal by Adrian ado213 , Gen Bezel machining again by Adrian, Gen flat 4 insert , gen T<25 Dial, Gen hands, Gen DW on a Yuki built by Adrian with a gen auto wind module, gen 703 crown on WSO tube, TC 93160A Bracelet. Waterproof to 6 atmospheres

IMG_71272d8479f830b804ca.jpg

Bone stock with Polizia di Stato Dial and case back

I’ve seen the Polizia version advertised with a2824... is this correct I thought the BP was 2836?

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Here are my three.
_MG_4076e4ad3766bb5bd1bf.jpg

This one is Adrian crystal mod (Gen spec crystal but I forgot from who), TC dial and TC V3 hands and TC DWO, TC Bracelet, gen flat 4 insert, swiss eta, gen 703 crown on WSO tube.

IMG_470933fc46586ab775f8.jpg

This one is Crazy. Gen Crystal by Adrian ado213 , Gen Bezel machining again by Adrian, Gen flat 4 insert , gen T
IMG_71272d8479f830b804ca.jpg

Bone stock with Polizia di Stato Dial and case back

Really love the first with the Tc parts as much as the tritium with all the Gen parts.
I really want one of these, hoping one will come up M2M. Were both the bp 2836 earlier version? the third is the newer 2824?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Really love the first with the Tc parts as much as the tritium with all the Gen parts.
I really want one of these, hoping one will come up M2M. Were both the bp 2836 earlier version? the third is the newer 2824?

The case for the T<25 I bought in 2015, The Case for the SWISS MADE I bought in 2017.....I dont remember what movements they had but the Polisia De Stato I bought in 2018 have never opened it and it should have a 2836....Thinking about it I think a least one had a spacer behind the original dial. the first two dont have original dials or movements and Adrian has modified the inside and outside of the cases so much I dont think anyone could tell what they once were.

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Thank You sir I'm still pissed that TC bailed on us for his Ginault brand. There were plenty of people who wanted to buy his connections and remaining stock. Even his watch repair guy who was highly trusted and nearly anonymous. TC had SD hands, SD Dials and SD Bracelets I'm lucky but just like we all say HAD I KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW>>> The cool thing is with Adrain you can put on a gen dial, gen Crystal, Gen bezel or gen/yuki/sh3135 or any combination of those ....Flat 4 inserts , gen crystals , Tritium dials, lug holes pretty much make the watch totally believable.

Does Adrian drill out your lugholes when he does your other work? I am thinking about picking up a BPSD with the A2824. If I go the lughole route, what else would you recommend doing to the base watch for a summer beater? Are the stock dial and hands fine? Does Ruby or Yuki have a 93250 bracelet that is decent or is the stock bracelet fine? I remember looking at these in gen form in the very early 2000s and a lot of them had lugholes with SELs at that time, while Rolex was moving over to no lugholes cases. I agree that lugholes would make a difference.

Honestly, these seem like such a better watch now than they were even a few years ago. It's crazy how much these have improved.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Mendota
Adrian drilled also the lug-holes for my BP SD and gave the case a slight reshape.
The watch got also another insert and another clasp (from a Sub instead the SD clasp) + the "old style" spring bars for lug hole models.
I kept the bracelet, because it is very well. The SD had also with the very early lug-hole models already SEL bracelet, you an find these also at the "triple 6" SD 16660
Domi put than the insert into the bezel and regulated the movement and greased the sealings and pressure tested it to 6bar.

You can also keep the BP Rep SD "Swiss Made" dial, it is really good.
Most important change is the insert!!

When you drill the lugs and reshape slightly the case and change the insert, you have for very fair money a top watch!!

EDIT: some pictures of my BPSD
WP-20190216-16-22-12-Pro.jpg

WP-20190216-16-22-25-Pro.jpg

WP-20190216-16-22-34-Pro.jpg

WP-20190216-16-30-56-Pro.jpg

WP-20190216-16-31-27-Pro.jpg

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Mendota I like Nur-Uhr lug holes. Out of my three SDs only one has drilled lugs it's up to you I dont think its the end all of mods. I think having Adrian do the Genuine crystal mod and I mean really use a gen crystal because GEN SPEC crystals are not the quality you hope for. Get a gen insert...Flat four if you can find one. Put in a Gen crown on a WSO tube or gen tube if budget allows get it tested so you can swim with it. Maybe have the case shaped a little bit so it looks like its been polished once....A lot of my watches look to good to be genuine when you look at whats for sale in the gen world. I know its not gen like but I like my SD crystals lower the gen spec or at the lowest limit within gen spec. look here for reference pictures
​​​​​​​https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/styles/rolex-sea-dweller

Reactions: stufuse and Nur-Uhr

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Mendota I like Nur-Uhr lug holes. Out of my three SDs only one has drilled lugs it's up to you I dont think its the end all of mods. I think having Adrian do the Genuine crystal mod and I mean really use a gen crystal because GEN SPEC crystals are not the quality you hope for. Get a gen insert...Flat four if you can find one. Put in a Gen crown on a WSO tube or gen tube if budget allows get it tested so you can swim with it. Maybe have the case shaped a little bit so it looks like its been polished once....A lot of my watches look to good to be genuine when you look at whats for sale in the gen world. I know its not gen like but I like my SD crystals lower the gen spec or at the lowest limit within gen spec. look here for reference pictures
https://www.hqmilton.com/timepieces/styles/rolex-sea-dweller

Damn! Great tips and awesome pics shared. Lots to think about. So it sounds like you can at least keep the dial and hands. Is the rep crown decent enough to keep, or is it mainly a waterproofing issue by replacing it with a gen crown and gen-spec tube? Do these use the 704? Nur-Uhr how did you get your dates to all line up so well in the date window, or did yours not have the left-justified issues? This sounds like it could definitely and quickly become a rabbit hole. My main thing I will need to think about is where this fits into my priorities with other vintage builds I want to take on. For instance, I want to improve on my red 1680 but I also want to possibly embark on a 6542 Vietnam project, with my ultimate goal of doing a gen parts and Vietnam franken 5510 build. Ugh, lots to think about for sure!

Reactions: GMT1675

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
The case for the T
I was able to order one of these (regular Swiss made Dial) from sead, they now have 2824-2 or dg2813 as movement options. I got 2824. What did Adrian do in terms of case reshaping do you remember?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Damn! Great tips and awesome pics shared. Lots to think about. So it sounds like you can at least keep the dial and hands. Is the rep crown decent enough to keep, or is it mainly a waterproofing issue by replacing it with a gen crown and gen-spec tube? Do these use the 704? Nur-Uhr how did you get your dates to all line up so well in the date window, or did yours not have the left-justified issues? This sounds like it could definitely and quickly become a rabbit hole. My main thing I will need to think about is where this fits into my priorities with other vintage builds I want to take on. For instance, I want to improve on my red 1680 but I also want to possibly embark on a 6542 Vietnam project, with my ultimate goal of doing a gen parts and Vietnam franken 5510 build. Ugh, lots to think about for sure!

What I’ve noticed from pictures, (although not had one in hand) is the hands are still a bit flat and they look green too. The others can chime in on this. If that is the case, I personally would change them I think. But then you’ll find they don’t match the rep dial either and off you go to find Gen Dial haha

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
What I’ve noticed from pictures, (although not had one in hand) is the hands are still a bit flat and they look green too. The others can chime in on this. If that is the case, I personally would change them I think. But then you’ll find they don’t match the rep dial either and off you go to find Gen Dial haha

Ha ha! And there's that rabbit hole! You pick up what is supposed to be a fun summer watch, and before you know it you are changing out one part after another and it becomes a masterpiece! LOL