• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
My understanding is that this is the classic 'Superlume' SD that was released last year with a much need pearl mod. The bulbous pearl was always the worst thing about the original release and the updated one is certainly an improvement.

I still think the crystal sits slightly too high and the SELs aren't the best, but otherwise it's a great value beater. I have one incoming from Sora - I'm hoping it runs on the same 21J high beat movement as the BP Sub No Date ceramic I got from him a few weeks ago. I've removed the annoying noisy rotor - it's now keeping better time than my gen Speedy Pro (that cost £2K!). QC pic for your pleasure...

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Supposedly it takes gen Xtal.. Wonder if that will help the Xtal hight. The SELs are a tad weak. Not sure what to think about the CG-- migh need a tad of shaving.. Funn how the old ultimate need the Xtal propped up and this one is a tad to high.. Can't never win..lol

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Hot diggity! This looks awesome, and for only $168 with free shipping it's a fantastic price. I have this same movement in the Explorer 1 I purchased from Josh back in 2008. He said it was a high beat 2813. The sweep is just as smooth as my ETA 2836, but the rotor is very loud. It also doesn't auto wind. I have to hand wind it whenever I want to wear it. I might remove the rotor so it will be quiet...

On second thought, Trevor has this for $10 more with an ETA. That's a better value for sure.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Where is it available for $168 with free shipping?

Nevermind, I found it on Josh's website. They are offering "free shipping" on a lot of these BP factory watches, and coincidentally the prices on all those watches have gone up $25.

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
^ No sh*t? I just looked at his website last night and this was $168. He just raised it by $25? That defeats the purpose of free shipping. It's still "free" but now that cost is just built into the price.

I still think Trevor's offering with the ETA for $178 is a way better deal, especially now that Josh raised his price by $25. No brainer - I'd take the ETA every day of the week.

bobkat

6/7/12
I skimmed this thread but just to be clear. This is an update to the ultimate sd that was released last year. That watch and this watch are made by the maker who made the big pilot and all the new ceramic subs etc. The BP factory people are calling it. This isn't a whole new build. But just the pearl and cgs make it look like a totally new maker went at it.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
^ No sh*t? I just looked at his website last night and this was $168. He just raised it by $25? That defeats the purpose of free shipping. It's still "free" but now that cost is just built into the price.

I still think Trevor's offering with the ETA for $178 more is a way better deal, especially now that Josh raised his price by $25. No brainer - I'd take the ETA every day of the week.

Agreed, seems someones being greedy on popularity, so I will be getting mine from Trevor with ETA :)

guami007

Renowned Member
27/2/11
Could just be my bad eyes but it appears that Josh's and Trevors are different watches. The pearls appear different (Josh's being better) as do the crown guards (Josh's again wins).

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Could just be my bad eyes but it appears that Josh's and Trevors are different watches. The pearls appear different (Josh's being better) as do the crown guards (Josh's again wins).

It's the same model from the same maker, Trevor just hasn't updated the pictures. If you order the watch from Trevor, it should be the same one you see in Josh's pictures.

45acp

I'm Pretty Popular
2/12/11
Also, you can order it from Andrew for $128 plus $25 for ems shipping, and still end up paying $15 less than from Josh with "free shipping"!

cattlecattle

Horology Curious
20/11/12
i ordered from andrew before, two issues, wonky bezel, turning not smooth and crap clasp quality. in other words clasp but my fingers.

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Looks really good. How is the bezel width versus case issue in this new BP SD?

D

d4m.test

Fantastic! comparison to gen by gw4k. Reviews the first release of this rep.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...s-103378?t=103378&highlight=seadweller+review

I owned one of these near the time of the review. Pearl was gross and bracelet rattled a bit between the lugs and sels (nothing like a tight pressed TC V3 bracelet) the xtal height started to get to me quick. I've seen these reps with the TC SD bracelet and gen insert. I'm not sure if any modding was needed.

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
It's the same model from the same maker, Trevor just hasn't updated the pictures. If you order the watch from Trevor, it should be the same one you see in Josh's pictures.

I can confirm that.. I have one enroute arriving anytime from Trevor. Based on QC pics it's the same as Josh's offering..

Gen insert and TC bracelet waiting patiently :)

LT

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Think I will order TCs bracelet.. I think the CGs need trimming. As far as the Xtal hight, though not true to gen,I actually like the Xtal hight.

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Also, you can order it from Andrew for $128 plus $25 for ems shipping, and still end up paying $15 less than from Josh with "free shipping"!
I noticed the scam josh pulled...lol!

LupTak

Renowned Member
15/12/11
I just received mine and I think I might have wasted money on the gen insert.

When I have more time in the next couple of days, I will take some pictures and do a quick and dirt review..

agentsmith350

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/1/13
works out a smidgen cheaper for me to use josh as the shipping for UK with TT is $45 :(

There both 21j's though right ?